Cesc Fàbregas

Martindn

Apparantly they have raised the bid to 41 million for Cesc

Which is a clubrecord surpassing Berbatov's transfer for 40 million.

A trustworthy staff/associate of ours seems to confirm this, £35m/€41m. I know the previous bid of £30 + add ons would of been a record though, if the add ons was definite.

Cannot figure out why we are still bidding mind, going to be a laughing stock if you possibly accept and cesc rejects us.

F

Flavia

Regardless of whether Cesc wants to leave or not, what price do you think the barcelona board would sell for despite the not for sale claims? Every player has a price, i am guessing we told Madrid that CR7 was not for sale too.

I think 60m. Anything less will be refused.

Irish_Cules

United have gone about this summer completely the wrong way in relation to our midfielders. If they really wanted Fabregas they should have bid for him early on in the summer. If they offered what they are offering are now they would have had a much better chance of it getting accepted. This may have seen Thiago seen stay at Barca also. Instead they failed at getting Thiago and now that he is gone to Bayern Barcelona really can't let Cesc go unless there was another obvious midfield talent out there to replace him. If Gundogan was available this summer then I'd say Cesc would be let go but there's no chance Dortmund will let him go after losing Gotze. United should have been able to land one of Fabregas or Thiago this summer but they messed it up big time.

Last edited:

Androutsos

I swear those Arsenal injuries destroyed his pace and athleticism. Does not look like the same player in that aspect.

He also plays much more animated and seems like he's really enjoying himself.

I was thinking that he looks much more bulkier now days. I think that with more freedom he can definitely recapture that form though.

ceefoo

moyesyrgpin.gif
Genius! :lol:

What's this from btw?

ceefoo

Doesn't Arsenal have some sort of clause anyways?
Arsenal have first refusal at the agreed buyout clause of 25m, on the condition Cesc wants to return there. So if Cesc would only consider going back to Arsenal (as he has stated) then it is irrelevant how much Manu offer.

Martindn

Arsenal have first refusal at the agreed buyout clause of 25m, on the condition Cesc wants to return there. So if Cesc would only consider going back to Arsenal (as he has stated) then it is irrelevant how much Manu offer.

So if we had a bid accepted of £40m say, and then arsenal could still activate that £25m clause and it would be up to Cesc? Well that sucks.

Next offer should be take it or leave it wasting time.

Banana-Rama

if he wanted to go back to arsenal they would of triggered the clause by now...

ceefoo

if he wanted to go back to arsenal they would of triggered the clause by now...
It's not a case of Arsenal triggering the clause, it's a buy-back option. That would only happen if Barcelona accept Manu's transfer offer.

Barca would then have to contact Arsenal, informing them that they have accepted Manu's offer, and it would be up to Arsenal to enforce the 25m buy-back clause, along with Cesc's approval that he would rather go there instead of Manu.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
So if we had a bid accepted of £40m say, and then arsenal could still activate that £25m clause and it would be up to Cesc? Well that sucks.

Next offer should be take it or leave it wasting time.
There shouldn't be a next offer.

oggydude

I swear those Arsenal injuries destroyed his pace and athleticism. Does not look like the same player in that aspect.

He also plays much more animated and seems like he's really enjoying himself.
Nope Cesc at Arsenal was given much more freedom, at Barca he has to be more restrained and he isn't used to it when playing in midfield, thats why Thiago was a better fit for you guys, he was much more disciplined as he has mostly played in a structured midfield and its therefore natural to him, for Cesc playing with freedom is natural and thats why he isn't the same player for you guys. I can only imagine Moyes wanting to play Cesc with freedom in between Kagawa and Carrick and thats why he wants him so much.

Banana-Rama

It's not a case of Arsenal triggering the clause, it's a buy-back option. That would only happen if Barcelona accept Manu's transfer offer.

Barca would then have to contact Arsenal, informing them that they have accepted Manu's offer, and it would be up to Arsenal to enforce the 25m buy-back clause, along with Cesc's approval that he would rather go there instead of Manu.

so your telling me if barcelona accept a £40 million bid from united for fabregas that means arsenal can instantly come in and buy him for £25 million, but not before barcelona accept united's bid, that makes no sense whatsoever, why on earth would barca put that clause in his contract, do they have a fetish for losing millions...

Home of Barca Fans