Cesc Fàbregas

J

jiopi

Great goal, and great interception for the first half chance. Then again could have scored a hat-trick with his chances, and I think his counterattacking was very, very poor.

dmode

* cesc haters crawling out of woodwork* Apart from the passes, the goals, the runs, and the defensive work, he was pretty crappy

Y

Youngie

Cesc's goal was great but his OFF THE BALL runs were unreal. Not to mention the passing and defensive work.

DennyCrane

I still wonder what the fuck he was thinking when he tried to win the header against Varane thereby blocking Pique who was the assigned defender and who is much better in the air than Fab. Other than that, well, he scored, so it kinda equals. Nothing special today.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Average in the first, only saw bits of the second half. Seen a vid of the goal, he took it well. Also missed a good chance after Alves passed to him.

But most importantly: we can't play with Xavi-Cesc-Iniesta vs Madrid as it means our left flank is left wide open. RM had loads of chances on that side. We also lose width and a passing outlet, not to mention our pressing game deteriorates.

Y

Youngie

For some reason, Cesc's efforts are incredibly overlooked by some people here.

Always have been. Look way back in the old Cesc thread. He scores a priceless away goal against madrid and still gets criticized. Nothing changes here.

hellsangel1

This game reminds me of Cesc in his first Clasico start when he scored a goal but was crappy for the most part,especially in the fiirst half giving the ball away on many occasions. I've said it before,he needs more time and space on the ball to make his passes and will make mistakes which give opportunity to quick counter-attacking sides like Madrid.

Iniesta should've played in the middle and not on the wings. It's allright for Iniesta to play on the wings to make room for Fabregas against the lesser sides but that shouldn't be the case against Madrid. , Iniesta and Messi were too far apart,we needed their quick 1-2's to break the Madrid defense.

Fabregas will make good things happen in a match but against a high-pressing team like Madrid which deny you time and space, he will make more than a few mistakes as well, I'm not in favour of him playing in the midfield against Madrid. He doesn't have the first touch and ability to pass in tight spaces like Iniesta and the other Barca midfield. He also has more difficulty in controlling the tempo of the game and the fact that Iniesta is pushed out wide means that Cesc shouldn't start in Clasico's IMO.

Last edited:

Stric

Cesc is sloppy, but he is incredibly involed in terms of attack. His off the ball movement must be the most overlooked part of his playing. Does anyone else notice how he makes him self available for a pass all of the time, and always puts him self in a great attacking position? (3-4 clear examples of that tonight, although the end product wasn't as good, unfortunately)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
This game reminds me of Cesc in his first Clasico start when he scored a goal but was crappy for the most part,especially in the fiirst half giving the ball away on many occasions. I've said it before,he needs more time and space on the ball to make his passes and will make mistakes which give opportunity to quick counter-attacking sides like Madrid.

Iniesta should've played in the middle and not on the wings. It's allright for Iniesta to play on the wings to make room for Fabregas against the lesser sides but that shouldn't be the case against Madrid. , Iniesta and Messi were too far apart,we needed their quick 1-2's to break the Madrid defense.

Fabregas will make good things happen in a match but against a high-pressing team like Madrid which deny you time and space, he will make more than a few mistakes as well, I'm not in favour of him playing in the midfield against Madrid. He doesn't have the first touch and ability to pass in tight spaces like Iniesta and the other Barca midfield. He also has more difficulty in controlling the tempo of the game and the fact that Iniesta is pushed out wide means that Cesc shouldn't start in Clasico's IMO.
I concur, something has to change

Stric

Fabregas is way too important for our attack to be left out of games where scoring is as important as it was today. We need to have him and Villa on at the same time. That would mean either Villa or Messi need to play on the right wing.

Y

Youngie

Need I remind certain people here. With Cesc in the team Barca is breaking all records this season and Messi is breaking all goal scoring records.

Home of Barca Fans