Cesc Fàbregas

ryuken

I donno even know how can ppl come up with stuff to justify that Rakitic fit us more than Cesc, football coaches?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Richard.H

If we sell Cesc for 30 million then i think we only got half of the money

That's not true. That part of the contract works like this: If Cesc is sold for more than 35 mill, then Arsenal takes half of the transfer value above 35 mill. In other words, if cesc was sold for 37 mill, then arsenal would take 1 mill (37-35 = 2, 2/2 = 1) and we would take 36 mill.

Vapor

The biggest problem with Cesc (at least in my opinion) is his lack of composure in tight spaces. When he's pressured it seems as though he's not aware of the defender running behind him. This is why I think a lot of people say Cesc doesn't fit into Barca. Barca style requires a lot of passing in tight spaces. He is absolutely magnificent when given the space though. Can pick out a deadly through ball or lob pass better than 99 % of midfielders out there.

I have a feeling he will be absolutely world class level if he goes back to the premiership. His style is tailor-suited for the EPL. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 25+ assists per season.
Amen brother. I feel like this has been the crux of the issue the whole time. When he has space and time to operate, he is absolutely deadly. But when he encounters world-class defenders/teams who are quick and close down space quickly, Cesc doesn't have the agility or the close control to keep the ball and either pass or move. His gifts are nullified and his weakness are exposed when we play against the more high intensity, defensively disciplined teams like Real, Atletico, etc.

But when Cesc has a little bit of room and time... boy has vision like a hawk and the precision of a laser with his passes. As much as I'm kind of sad to see him go, I'd be happy if he went to a league and a style of play that suits his style and brings out his best. Fuck all the politics... at the end of the day, most players want to do what is best for their careers. And if the club he wanted to stay at doesn't value/want him anymore, and Arsenal won't take him back/don't need him, why blame the guy for picking any other team.

ryaninho

Why do people say Arsenal don't need him? Last time i checked Arteta 32+, Rosicky 32+ and diaby well is a 1 game a season player. All mentioned have 1 season left in them thus leaving Ramsey, jack, ozil, Flamini and carzola in midfield. The whole thing about Arsenal not interested has no quotes what so ever. The price could be low, because it's arsenal buying him back

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I don't understand this, aren't you supposed to be a Cesc-fanboy? For the 47th time, Cesc IS A CM. In fact, he's more of a central midfielder than a number ten. He just happened to be good in front of goal so he eventually moved up field after a few season as arguably the best central midfielder in the league.

By number ten I mean cm who attacks. When I think of cm I think of a game controller like Xavi.

I count iniesta as a number ten too.

Hellsangel

Anyone else really offended by that price tag? 33 million? Come on, what a slap in the face! World class midfielder, possible best final ball provider in the world. In the current market I would have asked 60-70 million € for a player of his calibre, especially given that he's still young and his contract is not running out.

Messi_Goal

Anyone else really offended by that price tag? 33 million? Come on, what a slap in the face! World class midfielder, possible best final ball provider in the world. In the current market I would have asked 60-70 million € for a player of his calibre, especially given that he's still young and his contract is not running out.

It is to low I think 50m Euro is a fair price.
When u think of what they are selling Luiz for, 50m Euro is cheap for Fabregas

Last edited:

abual3bed1

33m is stupid. It's like a tradition in this club to sell cheap. Cesc can generate 50-60m, specially with a club like Chelsea.

Affiae

417789_heroaxlrzq.jpg

Tomchin

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 1m
Fàbregas for Barcelona in Feb-Mar-April-May in 3 seasons: scored 5 goals in 62 matches and in 74% of them didn't assist or score [@estopper]

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Accoring to Swiss ramble you still owe money to Arsenal the Fabregas and Song transfers so you wouldn't pocket all of his fee anyway.

Tomchin

Accoring to Swiss ramble you still owe money to Arsenal the Fabregas and Song transfers so you wouldn't pocket all of his fee anyway.
Think Barca pay most of their transfers spread over several years (I doubt they often pay the transfer-fee in one sum), so nothing new there I think.

Home of Barca Fans