Cesc Fàbregas

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Apparently we're in negotiations now. Eh, not a fan of him at all. Not that he's a bad player, but he's not a great fit for the club. Mourinho doesn't have enough power when it comes to transfers, no surprise.

Ursegor

World Champion
We bought him for about that much and now want to actively sell him with 3 years less on his contract and his prestige being at his lowest. How would we get any more than what we bought him for?

footyfan

Calma, calma
We bought him for about that much and now want to actively sell him with 3 years less on his contract and his prestige being at his lowest. How would we get any more than what we bought him for?

The market 3 years ago is not the same as the market now. And Cesc made it quite difficult for Arsenal himself by pushing hard for the move, so you got him easy. 27M pounds at the time was a steal.

Ursegor

World Champion
The market 3 years ago is not the same as the market now. And Cesc made it quite difficult for Arsenal himself by pushing hard for the move, so you got him easy. 27M pounds at the time was a steal.

He didn't really push that much. He even said he would never be able to hand in a transfer request, I remember that very well. He wasn't that cheap either. For Barca maybe yes, the club paid only € 29M + € 6M possible bonuses. For Arsenal however it was a deal worth € 40M and then some. Additional € 5M from Cesc's own pocket + first option + sell-on clause + Barca letting go of demands for some youth players. That's not that cheap. Some ridiculous transfers won't change that. Özil for € 10M-ish to Real is cheap.

Everyone knows Cesc is available. If clubs wanted to start a bidding war (Man Utd. offering considerably more than Chelsea, PSG getting in there etc.) they would do so and we would sell to the highest bidder. Seems he isn't that sought after and / or he only wants to go to London so his woman can go on shopping sprees in the capital. What can we do? I doubt anyone offered € 50M and Zubi said "no thanks".

mazp

Still seems odd that no other club, really went after him. He might have prefered London, but I still think he would have went to whoever payed him the most in wages. Makes you wonder what other clubs know that outsiders don't know...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Still seems odd that no other club, really went after him. He might have prefered London, but I still think he would have went to whoever payed him the most in wages. Makes you wonder what other clubs know that outsiders don't know...

Cesc has a contract here which means that even if we decide to sell him, he doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want to ( :jds: ). So he probably pulled an "I will only leave for London" kind of like he did back in 2011 with Arsenal where he said "I will only leave for Barca," and that gives the buying club more power than us.

ebieymjunior

Cesc has a contract here which means that even if we decide to sell him, he doesn't have to leave if he doesn't want to ( :jds: ). So he probably pulled an "I will only leave for London" kind of like he did back in 2011 with Arsenal where he said "I will only leave for Barca," and that gives the buying club more power than us.

I think contract with the club means the club owns you until the contract runs out or they sell you.
So they can force you out.
Samuel-Etoo-001.jpg

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think contract with the club means the club owns you until the contract runs out or they sell you.
So they can force you out.

OMG that is not true at all!!! Players would rather not be benched into oblivion and will accept a move when it is offered if they're being forced out. The likes of JDS are a rare breed of player. The club too would rather get some money for the player than none at all.

ebieymjunior

OMG that is not true at all!!! Players would rather not be benched into oblivion and will accept a move when it is offered if they're being forced out. The likes of JDS are a rare breed of player. The club too would rather get some money for the player than none at all.

Oh, cool, did not know that.

Home of Barca Fans