Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

maz

I walk the line
Iniesta or Xavi?

I'm curious as to know who do you think is the better player?

Its a tough one because iniesta is the one that does things which inspire the team and the crowd. And also your average mutual fan. But xavi does alot of behind-the-scenes work which often goes unnoticed, and if you cut out xavi then you take out a massive portion of our game.

Its weird to say, but i think xavi is better, while iniesta is more deserving of the WPOTY award if it was between those two.

What a loser!Supporting both the teams :lol::lol:Why do you even watch football?
Well ronaldo doesnt exactly play cricket does he..

I hope we trash them. Man Utd is becoming to arrogant imo.
I disagree. Inevitible champions of the epl, in the CL final as defending champions (when was the last time that happened?), have some great players in their team, the best defence in europe,... they arent arrogant. They are just confident. As supporters its their right to be confident!

thierry14henry

What a loser!Supporting both the teams :lol::lol:Why do you even watch football?

I watch football because I'm a fan. I support both teams because I like both and they are in defferent leagues. If you're talking about losers then you're talking about yourself, the boy that should have been an abortion.

United

I'd like to ask another question. Sorry if I'm bothering you. I'm having a debate about Iniesta in another forum.

What do you make of his performance against Chelsea? Who do you think was your best player against Chelsea? Also do you think Iniesta has a tendency to go missing when the game gets physical against a very physical side?

Last edited:

Zqa-

Iniesta of course, he scored the equalizer that got us through.

Easy to see he didn't get that much space against Chelsea, so he didn't do as much damage as usual. But his passing, technique and dribbling is brilliant. If he gets the ball, the opponent wont get it back. And he's very clever as well.

United

Iniesta of course, he scored the equalizer that got us through.

Easy to see he didn't get that much space against Chelsea, so he didn't do as much damage as usual. But his passing, technique and dribbling is brilliant. If he gets the ball, the opponent wont get it back. And he's very clever as well.

I'm having a Xavi vs Iniesta debate on another forum. I actually think Xavi is the better player. Apart from the goal that Iniesta scored, do you think he was your best player?

Zqa-

Well, together with Piqué and Valdés I think he was. But none really showed much in that match.
I cant decide between Xavi and Iniesta, Xavi is a better passer, and have that lethal assist-passing-thing (30 assist this season) and have the same ability to hold on to the ball, but doesn't have either Iniesta's speed or dribbling. Xavi has a better shot from distance as well. Xavi is 4 years older than Iniesta as well.

Iniesta doesn't tend to fade out of the match as Xavi does though. And probably have a higher "bottom level" than Xavi.

Last edited:

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
You haven't seen many of Barcelona's counter goals eh? :p

Haha i haven't seen many counter attacks from Barca TBH as when ive seen ye play ye seem to keep hold of the ball rather then counter at lighting speed like us!

D

dwayne

do you mean very well?
yeah far above well, just like Chelsea this year. 1 Iniesta shot made the difference

i hope and pray for an open match because...
well, we all do
:laporta: :pep: :valdes: :pique: :puyol: :toure: :keita: :xavi: :iniesta: :messi: :henry: :etoo:

Its kinda funny how teams like Man United and Chelsea play against Barcelona, I mean its problably the first and the last time in their whole season when for 180 minutes they play like absolute outsiders, defending with 7 or 8 man (or even more!) at the back in order to advance to the next stage. I really don't believe saf has the balls to go in a more opened game against Barca, 'cause i know and you know and most importantly he knows that they will probably lose. Chances are in solid defence, which as everybody already saw is not impossible and there's nothing wrong to admit it.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Haha i haven't seen many counter attacks from Barca TBH as when ive seen ye play ye seem to keep hold of the ball rather then counter at lighting speed like us!

We rarely counter cause' few teams dare to attack us! With you guys, it might be different cause' you play more football than Chelsea does. But to say that we only had ball possesion and that Iniesta and Messi didn't play good against Chelsea is not fair to say cause of the circumstances. Chelsea played at Stamford and attacked maybe 2 times during the whole game and countered 3 times - the rest of the time they defended with 9-10 man. Maybe it's just me, but imo it's very destructive football, especially since Chelsea has worldclass players - we didn't play Portsmouth or Hull, in that case I would understand.
So the whole debate that we are not productive/effective is BS, just look at the goal difference after 35 played: Barca +72, Man U + 42. And I don't want to hear anything about how much better EPL is than LFP. Yes, the latest 3-4 years you've had an advantage since Serie A has had a downfall (strange decisions when Milan, Inter and Juve bought players and also a lot of corruption). The same thing goes for the top clubs in LFP, especially Madrid (I mean come on, Faubert?!?). But besides the big 4, you really mean that Aston Villa, Fullham or Wigan are good teams that could match up to Barca, Madrid or Valencia (or Sevilla, Athletico Madrid, Villa Real)? Right now it looks like all the top players would like to play in Spain cause' we play the most attractive football - Ibra, Ronaldo, Fabregas etc. Soon Serie A will get stronger also with Juve in front. What I want to say is that the big leagues have taken turns on popularity and results historically, so don't get to cocky my dear Man U fans.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
We rarely counter cause' few teams dare to attack us! With you guys, it might be different cause' you play more football than Chelsea does. But to say that we only had ball possesion and that Iniesta and Messi didn't play good against Chelsea is not fair to say cause of the circumstances. Chelsea played at Stamford and attacked maybe 2 times during the whole game and countered 3 times - the rest of the time they defended with 9-10 man. Maybe it's just me, but imo it's very destructive football, especially since Chelsea has worldclass players - we didn't play Portsmouth or Hull, in that case I would understand.
So the whole debate that we are not productive/effective is BS, just look at the goal difference after 35 played: Barca +72, Man U + 42. And I don't want to hear anything about how much better EPL is than LFP. Yes, the latest 3-4 years you've had an advantage since Serie A has had a downfall (strange decisions when Milan, Inter and Juve bought players and also a lot of corruption). The same thing goes for the top clubs in LFP, especially Madrid (I mean come on, Faubert?!?). But besides the big 4, you really mean that Aston Villa, Fullham or Wigan are good teams that could match up to Barca, Madrid or Valencia (or Sevilla, Athletico Madrid, Villa Real)? Right now it looks like all the top players would like to play in Spain cause' we play the most attractive football - Ibra, Ronaldo, Fabregas etc. Soon Serie A will get stronger also with Juve in front. What I want to say is that the big leagues have taken turns on popularity and results historically, so don't get to cocky my dear Man U fans.
im not been cocky mate i just think at the minute Manchester United is the place to be if you want to win stuff we won the Champions league last season and are in the final again the first team to do so with the new format that is in place in that competition!we are also on course to win our 3rd league title in a row too! at the Minute there are 2 world class teams that is ourselves and ye! with Chelsea and Liverpoo behind and then Madrid Arsenal and Inter following behind them!

as for our tactics it has to be done because if we try and play a possession game and a keep ball game against ye we would be destroy us as ye have the two best midfielders in the world in Xavi and Inesita but i think the fact is that you will strugle to break down our defense the only weak link in it would be O'Shea and even then he has come on leaps and bounds this season!

i think if it came down to who could attack more efficiently we would win it as i think we would hold out and ye would struggle at the back with Alves and Abidal now missing also!

Home of Barca Fans