Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

khaled_a_d

Chickened out as expected :facepalm:.

There is no way you start Vidal over Arthur if you plan to control the game with possession. No way. It means he is going after a 0-0 maybe 1-0 win if we are lucky.

Vidal is the textbook sub to protect a lead, not when you are looking to be proactive, play on the front foot and score goals.

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], you got your workhorse dream midfield dude.

Here we go!

Then blame the players when we lose this tie!

It is quite hilarious that Liverpool fans have same kind of reaction to Klopp (except they obviously love him in general)
They don't get what is their formation (could be any of 442/433/352) and hate Gomes is starting in such important game over TAA
And yeah, I don't like our line up, or more preciously Vidal over Arthur

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Yes let’s root against our own team. The state of the Pepistas on here.

Why group people when there is one retard out here. And you wonder why I keep calling you out for your bullshit. And I never understood this term "pepistas" , but whatever.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I expected Bob to start here but not Vidal.

I thought Vidal would be more useful in the away leg when we are trying to defend the tie not off the bat as of now.

serghei

It is quite hilarious that Liverpool fans have same kind of reaction to Klopp (except they obviously love him in general)
They don't get what is their formation (could be any of 442/433/352) and hate Gomes is starting in such important game over TAA
And yeah, I don't like our line up, or more preciously Vidal over Arthur

I think the line-up shows our intentions in this game. We will not attack too much with build-up through possession like it is our style. Only way playing Vidal over Arthur makes sense is if we play on transitions, end to end football, because Vidal is a ball winner and a great tackler + physical player. But this is not our game at home.

We'll basically try to beat Liverpool at their own game with this change.

BBZ8800

You would be right if Arthur wouldn't be better in possession as well.

Than whom? Vidal?

Ev's plan is simple.
Try not to concede if possible.
His main idea is to have the strongest defensive possible midfield and rely on Messi, who will usually score 1-2.

His idea is not to risk too much, add muscles and fight in the midfield and wait for Messi or attcking trio to do the magic.

Arthur and Dembele will come in the 2nd half.

I personally think (and stats think the same) that Arthur is the weakest defender out of these 4 midfielders.

Also, Vidal is faster.
And we gained some height for defensive corners, since the main idea is to be cautious and let Messi do the job.

Zidane82

Sooo we put our two slowest players and worst defenders..Rakitic and Roberto up directly against possibly the fastest forward in the EPL Mane ??

Pure genius ??

I’d have thought the much faster Samedo would have been better suited to the threat of a speed merchant..

Gari

BarcAddicts
‏Arthur to come on and calm the game down in the second half is a good strategy considering if he was to start, he’d be subbed by minute 50 because of his fitness. Arturo’s energy is needed.

serghei

Than whom? Vidal?

Ev's plan is simple.
Try not to concede if possible.
His main idea is to have the strongest defensive possible midfield and rely on Messi, who will usually score 1-2.

His idea is not to risk too much, add muscles and fight in the midfield and wait for Messi or attcking trio to do the magic.

Arthur and Dembele will come in the 2nd half.

I personally think (and stats think the same) that Arthur is the weakest defender out of these 4 midfielders.

Also, Vidal is faster.
And we gained some height for defensive corners, since the main idea is to be cautious and let Messi do the job.

Let's hope the ball will find Messi regularly, because with this defensive midfield, service is gonna be in short supply.

Home of Barca Fans