Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

Total-Football

valverde master plan: says to messi

«look leo, i secure the defense.. but on the offense you get nothing from me mate.. its all on u! every man for hisself!!»

shadows

Seeing the lineup hope Messi has one of those crazy nights where he creates scores..be everywhere basically.. No pace in the lineup..3 DM's..Looks like a 0-0.

Hardy

I wonder what this idiot thinks, even if in some way we'll manage to not concede goal what can we do at anfield if you are so coward in the fucking Camp Nou?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I wonder what this idiot thinks, even if in some way we'll manage to not concede goal what can we do at anfield if you are so coward in the fucking Camp Nou?

6-3-1
Roberto-Pique-Murillo-Umtiti-Lenglet-Alba
Rakitic-Busi-Vidal
Messi

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Keeping a clean sheet at camp nou is important though, going there even with a win and goal conceded is a bad result.

I don’t have a problem with being defensively solid, my problem is why not play semedo in that case. He is better defensively and faster than Roberto. There is inconsistency in the logic here.

tacticvarium

Hope we don't end up like Atlético.
If Messi can't score, we are basically fucked.
That's why this kind of cowardly approach and depending only on one or two players to score is always risky.

gatsu

Why this midfield Valverde why? Dominating the midfield is a must against Liverpool, playing Arthur is the most logical thing to do.
This ambition of not conceding at home will definitely cost us the game.

serghei

Keeping a clean sheet at camp nou is important though, going there even with a win and goal conceded is a bad result.

I don’t have a problem with being defensively solid, my problem is why not play semedo in that case. He is better defensively and faster than Roberto. There is inconsistency in the logic here.

Valverde often makes conflicting decisions. Semedo is much better fit to block a player like Mane who depends on his crazy pace than Roberto.

Roberto makes sense if you plan to control the game with possession since he is a better passer. But in this case, why don't you start the best passer in midfield, which is Arthur and his 95% completed passes a game?

It just doesn't make sense.

You pick a tactic and take every decision to strengthen that. You don't do half-half. He's picked a more defensively solid option in midfield, at the expense of quality in build-up, and yet on the right he sacrificed defensive solidity for better passing, as if he's expecting us to control the game. :lol:

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Vidal starting is not bad, you lot act like he’s Milner.

He’s Barca’s best mid on current form, will match their intensity and avoid conceding an early goal. Then later in the game Arthur can come on against tired legs and help see the game out with posession.

Home of Barca Fans