Champions League

FinBarcelonafan

Poch getting so much disrespect in here...

Emery failed at Arsenal (Ok, you can give him an excuse in that he didn't get as much time as he wanted to build),
and Poch succeeded at Spurs.
Same league, same setting, same tier teams
The one got into CL final, and set record league points at Spurs, would have won it if he was not competing against Pep and Klopp.

Arsenal has been dog poo for a long time. Poch had insane generation of Spurs players to play with. Go check their rosters.

JamDav1982

Those players improved under Poch at Spurs and next to none of them were established top players when he went there.

At Southampton he did the same. Improved players massively and Liverpool/Utd and others hoovered them up.

The way he plays the full backs and attacking players love it and improve and gives them the freedom to attack.

Joan

So you use PSG being eternal bottlers and mental midgets as an excuse for Poch but not for Emery despite Poch having a much better team and he actually managed to lose Ligue 1 title to Lille last season. :lol:

Or you blame Emery for not winning at frikin Arsenal who didn't have a team to challenge for EPL title for years? Wasn't easy to come in and replace a legendary manager like Wenger and he was also barely given a little more than a year to build his team there.

Also can't expect to win La Liga with Sevilla, Villarreal and Valencia (his Valencia side was actually very good but unlucky to be in the same league with Pep's Barca and Mourinho's RM).

For me Unai is easily better than Poch who I've never liked. Would be great if he'd come to RM imo.

At this point i'd also put him higher on my list than Ten Hag who I like but he still needs to prove himself in a better league than Eredivisie. We'll see if he'll manage to do anything with that United mess if reports are true. But even if he won't make it there I won't totally write him off (I'm sure many people will though).

Don't get me wrong, I love Unai and I rate both of them. What I wrote wasn't my personal opinion but how I felt those two are rated in football community. Poch did really well with Spurs and is a well rounded coach who took a huge bite of managing an all star PSG. People see it's hard to work with all the aging stars they've got there and imo won't be held against him.

Emery is a great coach who has some impressive achievements. But I think he picked his jobs poorly and it might reflect bad on his career. United might be another mistake if he went there. Fail there and he'll be back coaching Villarreal, Valencia or Sevilla. That's not bad - but not a step forward he wants to take with his career.

I rate both of them above Ten Hag.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ten Hag could do great or not. No way to tell me for me. He might experience culture shock when going to United as up until now only worked in Netherlands and Germany(which is closer to Dutch). Does seem it is about time for him to take a next step in career.

Morten

We took them by surprise in the first half, but the game overall was more even than scoreline suggested.

Mendy giving the ball to Benzema, Courtois with a couple of great saves, and Lukaku missing an open net, game could well have ended 2-2 on a different night.

The tie isn't over, as they will likely create chances to score again, but they can't shit the bed defensively again.

KingLeo10

OG "Chernobyl" Barca speaking about the toxicity of other users when he's a walking multiple time ban recipient and now ban dodger on an alt :lol:

Home of Barca Fans