CL Quarter Final: PSG - Barca 2-3

Fati_Future_BallonDor

THE TEMPTATION TAKE ON THIS GAME:

Pedri being out is a positive for Barca. Always looked shite against half-decent opposition in Europe anyways.

De Jong being back is a positive IF Christensen is fit. De Jong needs a DM alongside him in European ties.

Start with:

MATS
Kounde Araujo Cubarsi Cancelo
Gundogan Christensen FDJ
Yamal RL9 Raphinha

Raphinha needs to start coz he puts in a defensive shift and gets G/A.

Ask Yamal to stop being selfish and square the ball and get back on defensive duties against Mbappe.

Gundogan needs to play as the most advanced CM with FDJ back.

Anytime Mbappe has the ball around the touchline, Yamal and Kounde need to double team him. Anytime Mbappe has the ball around left-central areas, Kounde and Araujo need to double team him.
Both Kounde and Araujo are rapid so they should pocket Mbappe together if they are any good.

Give RL9 minimal duties off the ball and tell him to stay in the penalty box and use his impeccable aerial prowess against PSG's short CBs. RL9 will annihilate Lucas and Marquinhos(despite him having a good leap) in the air.

Ferran, Felix and Fermin are all brilliant goalscoring subs that can influence the game.

Play a mid block and avoid a stupid high line against Mbappe.

Don't play defensive! This team can't do that shit! Look to dominate possession in Paris and build up slowly and find Gundogan in those number 10 pockets. Yamal and Frenkie's exceptional ball carrying ability will help in getting the ball to Gundogan in those areas. Raphinha should stay wide and close to the touchline so that Cubarsi can occasionally find him with long diagonals over the top and surprise PSG. Raphinha should practice crossing and cutbacks for the next few days.

Mental preparation is essential. Arrogance is the key(yup!).....play with the assured arrogance of a big giant club against an oil club with no pedigree. Barca need to be very physical and let PSG players know about their presence early on. Pressing PSG's midfielders hard is very important for both the Barca CMs. PSG's midfield is weak and they'll shit the bed under pressure. Show Mbappe on to his left side so that he goes on the outside and tries to cross it. PSG have no forward with instincts in the box to finish those crosses or cutbacks.

PS: Hope Oscar and Xavi are reading this. They need it badly.

100% right

having the 3 Fs as super-sub is a good feeling, it's like a goal guarantee

KingLeo10

:lol: I genuinely worry these trolls go into depression and suicidal ideation when I don't post.

Constantly patrolling the forum for my posts and replying in minutes :lol:

Kul_z

Fdj gonna shut down dembouz. We're gonna win in paris. What im afraid of is a return leg in Barcelona and stupid xavi experiments of defending the lead.

Birdy

THE TEMPTATION TAKE ON THIS GAME:

Pedri being out is a positive for Barca. Always looked shite against half-decent opposition in Europe anyways.

De Jong being back is a positive IF Christensen is fit. De Jong needs a DM alongside him in European ties.

Start with:

MATS
Kounde Araujo Cubarsi Cancelo
Gundogan Christensen FDJ
Yamal RL9 Raphinha

Raphinha needs to start coz he puts in a defensive shift and gets G/A.

Ask Yamal to stop being selfish and square the ball and get back on defensive duties against Mbappe.

Gundogan needs to play as the most advanced CM with FDJ back.

Anytime Mbappe has the ball around the touchline, Yamal and Kounde need to double team him. Anytime Mbappe has the ball around left-central areas, Kounde and Araujo need to double team him.
Both Kounde and Araujo are rapid so they should pocket Mbappe together if they are any good.

Give RL9 minimal duties off the ball and tell him to stay in the penalty box and use his impeccable aerial prowess against PSG's short CBs. RL9 will annihilate Lucas and Marquinhos(despite him having a good leap) in the air.

Ferran, Felix and Fermin are all brilliant goalscoring subs that can influence the game.

Play a mid block and avoid a stupid high line against Mbappe.

Don't play defensive! This team can't do that shit! Look to dominate possession in Paris and build up slowly and find Gundogan in those number 10 pockets. Yamal and Frenkie's exceptional ball carrying ability will help in getting the ball to Gundogan in those areas. Raphinha should stay wide and close to the touchline so that Cubarsi can occasionally find him with long diagonals over the top and surprise PSG. Raphinha should practice crossing and cutbacks for the next few days.

Mental preparation is essential. Arrogance is the key(yup!).....play with the assured arrogance of a big giant club against an oil club with no pedigree. Barca need to be very physical and let PSG players know about their presence early on. Pressing PSG's midfielders hard is very important for both the Barca CMs. PSG's midfield is weak and they'll shit the bed under pressure. Show Mbappe on to his left side so that he goes on the outside and tries to cross it. PSG have no forward with instincts in the box to finish those crosses or cutbacks.

PS: Hope Oscar and Xavi are reading this. They need it badly.

I am pretty sure Araujo can shut down Mbape, as he has down with Vini so many times, who is more difficult to defend 1v1

Now, I didn't see in your analysis temp WHO and HOW is going to mark Dembele.
Cancelo would be fuckn joke

And in general, Xavi as a coach doesn't know what OOP and rest defense is.
I see a PSG counter every time we lose the ball on Wednesday night

Temptation

I am pretty sure Araujo can shut down Mbape, as he has down with Vini so many times, who is more difficult to defend 1v1

Now, I didn't see in your analysis temp WHO and HOW is going to mark Dembele.
Cancelo would be fuckn joke

And in general, Xavi as a coach doesn't know what OOP and rest defense is.
I see a PSG counter every time we lose the ball on Wednesday night
I'm the only guy on the forum who has talked about the threat Dembele will carry.

I mentioned starting Raphinha for defensive duties. He'll have to help Cancelo out. If Dembele comes inside, Cubarsi will have a big challenge. Dembele will roast him 1 on 1. Dembele needs to be double teamed.

If you stop Dembele then you essentially stop the ball from reaching Mbappe.

Birdy

I'm the only guy on the forum who has talked about the threat Dembele will carry.

I mentioned starting Raphinha for defensive duties. He'll have to help Cancelo out. If Dembele comes inside, Cubarsi will have a big challenge. Dembele will roast him 1 on 1. Dembele needs to be double teamed.

Dembele can't be stopped with Cancelo and Raphina even together.
Let alone Hakimi will be roaming free on the right if Raphina is on Dembele

Temptation

Dembele can't be stopped with Cancelo and Raphina even together.
Let alone Hakimi will be roaming free on the right if Raphina is on Dembele
Cubarsi(LCB) and FDJ(LCM) will have to help when Dembele moves in to the central areas.

If you can force Dembele to move wider towards the touchline and cross then it'll be much better because Mbappe wouldn't be winning headers against Araujo and Kounde. PSG don't have a Targetman or fox in the box to do any damage from Dembele's crosses.

Porque

We can't double mark both Dembele and Mbappe.

While we will have to expect that on counters both will have success throughout the 90s minutes, so it will be about minimising the quality of their actions.

I'd say it's far more important denying Mbappe than Dembele so the focus should be on that since Dembele will have to find the assisting outlet. While I don't have the time to crunch the data, but I'd assume a large number of those 11 assists is to Mbappe.

So yeah, Dembele will roast Cancelo and probably Cubarsi too. And Raphi will have to track back as you say, while Araujo, Christensen and Kounde will have to work quickly to close any space for Mbappe.

But Mbappe is woeful at tracking back. So our key will be going from Cubarsi to Gundy and Lamal quickly to create one on one actions when we do manage to counter. But I'd assume the vast majority of our play will be calculative possession and individual creation. Which is probably the right call.

KingLeo10

Bruv your posts make no sense. Why are we posting on a Football Forum then?

Do you know more about management than Pochettino? Do you know more about the game than RL9?

We can all play this game.
There's a difference between criticizing certain aspects of a player/manager as opposed to coming off as someone who gives the impression he could manage better than Xavi.

I always said Poch was an average manager relative to elite ones, not that I would be able to manage better than him :lol:

Temptation

There's a difference between criticizing certain aspects of a player/manager as opposed to coming off as someone who gives the impression he could manage better than Xavi.

I always said Poch was an average manager relative to elite ones, not that I would be able to manage better than him :lol:
Me saying "hope Xavi and Oscar are reading this" is just a tongue in cheek comment. Lighten up and stop taking every word so seriously.

Clearly, the rest of my post was serious. Just using my humour to get the point across.

Home of Barca Fans