CL Round 3: Barca - Bayern

Who wins

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Their defence is full of error prone defenders and they have a manager who is not up for this level right now. If their is any chance of a humiliation it is of them getting humiliated, not us.

What gives me the most comfort is that Don Hansi will be ruthless as fuck. If there is a chance we can batter them he is the man who will deliver it, he won't stop at 3 or 4.

I don't think we've ever had a manager like that. We've always kind of felt sorry for the opponent and taken the foot off the gas. Don't forget Peps Barca were 4 nil up at half time Vs Bayern and stopped there.

FC B

This is the first real test for Flick since he took over.

Given his tactical approach with a high line and Pena in goal with quite a few key players that aren't yet able to start I think he's going to lose this game, hopefully not badly. Would be very glad to be wrong on this one, ofc.

M3ls

I like Flick's work. I like the way this team plays.

Remember Valverde switched to a mid-low block with a 4-4-2 because Leo and Suarez weren't pressed properly?

I would not like Flick to adapt to the fact that we have slow central defenders and therefore switch to a low block.

If I were willing to sacrifice style of play for the sake of results, I would be a fan of Real Madrid, Ateletico and similar teams.
And yet we will have problems against Bayern and Real Madrid because of the high defensive line... And I will not blame Flick for not abandoning the principles of attacking football for the sake of results.
With this system of play, we will win the Champions League only when we have fast defenders in the center of defense who are also good at passing. But right now we have slow defenders who play good passing.

Recent history suggests Bayern will fuck Barca here, but this is the first time since 08/09 when Barca has the better coach.

Would go for a narrow Barca win if at close to full strength, but think Flick will have to settle for a draw due to the injuries.

We are in the same situation when it means coaches. Kompany and his philosophy matches to Bayern and the players buy into his match plans and are having a lot fun. And we already had the most difficult fixtures in the league done in the last matches.

Bayern should be the ones concerned about us, not vice versa.

If we press them like we did Sevilla today, we will smash them.

That said, Pena is always a risk. I don't know why Flick is putting blind faith in him like this.

Pressing... there was something... I just do not really remember... Bayern probably never ever did any pressing... :flick:

I am actually more keen how the tactics look when this two teams meet and how Kompany and Flick will deal with it. Until now Kompany did not care much who the opponent is. Flick in the past sometimes did - we did not go into the match against PSG in the CL final in the same way we played against you. And there will be some meeting of old pals.

Home of Barca Fans