CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

i_bleed_blaugrana

14 goals. But it was against Getafe and Cordoba.

Yeah, but we also could have scored A LOT more goals against PSG, particularly in the first leg, and just let our foot off the gas and just possessed them to death. I highly doubt we will do that against Bayern, especially with the way they embarrassed us a few years ago.

It's funny, while Pep has improved their ball movement, quality of attacking play and improved their midfield, I'd argue that their defense isn't nearly as shut down as it was during Heynckes reign. Outside of Neuer, right now I fancy our defense over their own.

That's why I feel confident, even if they had Robbery and Lewa fully fit, I'd still fancy our chances with how suseptable they have looked at the back in recent times.

Yes, 13 goals in the league and 21 clean sheets really tell that. With a high line.

Bayern's starting formation today: (the most will not start Wednesday)

CEAshH7UsAAw6bs.jpg

Javi Martinez is back.

Subs: Reina - Alonso, Benatia, Thiago, Bernat, Kurt, Görtler
Müller, Boateng (and Lewy) stayed in Munich - the first two get rested.

How the formation will be? It is Pep - Pizza is striker and Manu Neuer. Everything else? Strieder is a defensive midfielder from the U23 - Görtler a striker who probably will come for Pizza in the second half.

Alonso, Benatia, Bernat, Thiago, Müller, Boateng, Neuer, Lahm, Rafinha will be in the starting line-up Wednesday. Lewy when possible and then one or two of the others.

Last edited:

Alik

Lets hope Bayern doesn't flood the pitch again.

Although it would affect us less than it did last time, and would affect them more.

i really hope, müller doesn't get an injury, during sitting on the sofa.

It is the only the second time in the last six years that he misses an away trip. He was rested for the match against Leverkusen in 12/13, too.

Terrible match - but nothing else was to expect.

I

instinct

Götze doesn't look dangerous at all for a long time now. We should try our best to take him out of the game but no one can deny that he played poorly in the last couple of months.

Thiago is a much much bigger problem.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Götze doesn't look dangerous at all for a long time now. We should try our best to take him out of the game but no one can deny that he played poorly in the last couple of months.

Yes, but we don't want to the repeat the WC final saga when he played a crappy game but scored the winning goal.

I do not really think that Götze will play. If Lewy is fit I do not see him on the pitch.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Goetze almost scored, wow.

Let's contain the hell out of Goetze and Thiago on Wednesday

Lufstalag please come back amongst us barça fans, we love you :lol:

Hanging on in BZ too much, Goetze is absolute garbage this season, most BM fans wouldn't mind selling him if he keeps the same level and here you are overhyping their players for them hehehe

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Don't worry Mehssi, Luft was a world class pessimist back in the day. He's just showing some glimpses of those days.

Why not? Unless Ribery plays, I would think the front three will be Goetze -- Lewandowski -- Mueller?

I do not see a front three. I see Lewy and Müller - and Lahm and Bernat who sometimes will come forward (we will have Radio Brazil on the right side who will handle Neymar - both know each other privately). Against Porto it was Müller who played the right 8, Thiago left 8 and Lahm on the right offensive wing.

Müller seldom plays on the right wing in the last months.

Home of Barca Fans