Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

xXKonan

Sevilla are close on signing Duje Caleta-Car from what I've read yesterday. He would be Lenglet's replacement.

He's Croatian and the same age as Lenglet as well and he's also with the Croatia team in the WC as well.

xXKonan

[tw]1013867318068293637[/tw]

Sport says Lenglet to Barcelona is done. He told Sevilla he's leaving and could be announced on Thursday.

Trickykid

If any of you Spanish speaking (or reading) folks out there are bored, It would be great if you could trawl through the Lenglet thread on this forum and try to convey how they feel about the prospect of losing him.

I could only find one English Sevilla forum, and it wasn't really that active. Just a few pretty divergent opinions there.

xXKonan

If any of you Spanish speaking (or reading) folks out there are bored, It would be great if you could trawl through the Lenglet thread on this forum and try to convey how they feel about the prospect of losing him.

I could only find one English Sevilla forum, and it wasn't really that active. Just a few pretty divergent opinions there.
One of those posts on the last page says he hopes he fails since he hates Real and Barca. :lol:

Here's a short montage of one of the best games he had last season vs United.

[tw]1013870419974213632[/tw]

BusiTheKing

Pique has had what? one and a half good season in the past five years? Pep was right about him in 2012 and people still haven't realized the huge fucking liability he is for us.

Umtiti is a good CB. He can have great performances but is prone to misreading crucial situations. He's by no means the reliable rock that makes the ideal CB. What does it mean that a guy like him can impress us so much in so little time? It means that what we're used to is mediocre as fuck.

Lenglet would most likely impress just as much if not more.

MTL_Barca

The one thing i see as a problem here is that he is left footed. Umtiti/Lenglet is very strong for left CB but on the other hand that will mean that he won't really challenge Pique and the replacement for Pique would only be Verm, also left footed.

People might say thats not a big deal but imo it is, left footed defenders usually only play on the left side where right footed can play on both side most of the times since at some point of their career there will be 2 right footed CBs at the team.

Would like to at least bring in De Jong this summer instead of 2019 since he can play CB too.

Raketa10

The one thing i see as a problem here is that he is left footed.

Why is that a problem? Next summer Verm will be a free agent and we'll buy another right footed CB (or bring back Mina from a loan) so I really don't understand this "left footed problem". It's better to think ahead and buy fairly priced CB than to overpay another just because he is right footed. I am sure that this "problem" can be sorted out easily in 1 year and than we'll have a perfect situation (2 right and 2 left footed CB's).

Last edited:

Messi983

Looks like we are negotiating with Sevilla instead of just paying his clause. Good move even if it will take a day or two more to finish the deal though Sevilla really doesn't have any negotiating power so I think everything will be finished quickly.

[tw]1014082536652148736[/tw]

MTL_Barca

Why is that a problem? Next summer Verm will be a free agent and we'll buy another right footed CB (or bring back Mina from a loan) so I really don't understand this "left footed problem". It's better to think ahead and buy fairly priced CB than to overpay another just because he is right footed. I am sure that this "problem" can be sorted out easily in 1 year and than we'll have a perfect situation (2 right and 2 left footed CB's).

"Problem" as in "i would prefer to get a right footed class CB first". But Pique can't be challenged at this club anyway so it probably doesn't matter.

If we get De Jong this summer i'd be happy with it, played good as CB for Ajax and could potentially be useful there for us too. A bit short (and skinny) for a real CB but we'd have to wait if he can compensate for that. Masch and Puyol were shorter than him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans