Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

Devils

I wont blame him for that penalty. Very unlucky the ball hit his hand.

Red card challenge was silly.

I love that Messi always looks for him on set pieces though. Nice to have an aerial threat CB in the squad.

Sorin

Would sell this guy and Umtiti as fast as possible. We can actually fund our new CB purchase with these 2 guys and could still have money to spare.

Upamecano or Konate(depending on how his injury goes) would be doable or if not, maybe Gimenez from Atletico. Bring back Todibo and an experimented older CB to cover as the 3rd or 4th center back and we would be in much better shape than these 2 back holes.

Lenglet can't just be depended on. He throws elbows everywhere, has the positioning iq of a 3 legged chair and is softer than wet toilet paper. Just mug some team out of 40m, 50m and be done with him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Would sell this guy and Umtiti as fast as possible. We can actually fund our new CB purchase with these 2 guys and could still have money to spare.

Upamecano or Konate(depending on how his injury goes) would be doable or if not, maybe Gimenez from Atletico. Bring back Todibo and an experimented older CB to cover as the 3rd or 4th center back and we would be in much better shape than these 2 back holes.

Lenglet can't just be depended on. He throws elbows everywhere, has the positioning iq of a 3 legged chair and is softer than wet toilet paper. Just mug some team out of 40m, 50m and be done with him.

you're tripping mate. With Umtiti being done, Todibo sold and Pique being old as fuck Lenglet is the only CB in his peak right now. If we sell him, we will have to buy 3 CBs. Nah, he is good enough to be third choice. Sell Umtiti, bring back Todibo and buy a new left footed CB.

gasgas

you're tripping mate. With Umtiti being done, Todibo sold and Pique being old as fuck Lenglet is the only CB in his peak right now. If we sell him, we will have to buy 3 CBs. Nah, he is good enough to be third choice. Sell Umtiti, bring back Todibo and buy a new left footed CB.

The obsession with left footed CBs :facepalm:

Raketa10

No way we can sell Lenglet now. I also don't like him but Umtiti is a liability these days and Pique is old. We'll need to buy new CB this summer and than another one next summer. We are in fucking horrible state right now as it looks like we'll need to buy at least 5 new players this summer.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The obsession with left footed CBs :facepalm:

it's not an obsession, are you joking? Did you not see yesterday how Umtiti was struggling on the right hand side because he couldn't complete passes with his right foot? It's the same case if a right footed CB plays as a LCB. If we buy a right-footed CB, he should be comfortable at passing with his left foot. It is basic stuff really. Otherwise the defender wastes valuable seconds trying to adjust to his favored right foot. Very important in build-up, especially when we are pressed.

Sorin

Nah, I'm not tripping. I just think that for what he gives us I'd rather have the fee he would fetch us put towards buying a starting center back like the ones I mentioned in my previous post. Or do you think we have enough money to bring in a striker/winger, a starting level CB and probably a midfielder without selling some of our rated players? Umtiti, Rakitic and Vidal would not fetch us anything significant so we do need to sell some players that still have some modicum of hype like Lenglet.

gasgas

it's not an obsession, are you joking? Did you not see yesterday how Umtiti was struggling on the right hand side because he couldn't complete passes with his right foot? It's the same case if a right footed CB plays as a LCB. If we buy a right-footed CB, he should be comfortable at passing with his left foot. It is basic stuff really. Otherwise the defender wastes valuable seconds trying to adjust to his favored right foot. Very important in build-up, especially when we are pressed.

So many right footed CBs play LCB.
Ramos, Van Dijk, All Man City CBs are right footed, Jerome Boateng, Mats Hummels, Puyol,. Masche

Basically we are the exception. The first team i saw who insists to have a left footed LCB. Compromising ability over dominant feet you'd think our build up were worth all that meanwhile you have a left footed CB lenglet, skying every ball whenever pressed

Challenge. Mention 5 clubs that use a left footed LCB

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
So many right footed CBs play LCB.
Ramos, Van Dijk, All Man City CBs are right footed, Jerome Boateng, Mats Hummels.

Basically we are the exception. The first team i saw who insists to have a left footed LCB. Compromising ability over dominant feet you'd think our build up were worth all that meanwhile you have a left footed CB lenglet, skying every ball whenever pressed

Challenge. Mention 5 clubs that use a left footed LCB

Ramos, Van Dijk, Boateng and Hummels are all exceptional at passing and comfortable at passing with their left foot. It's almost as if you didn't read my post. You're also wrong about Man City. Man City's best CB is Laporte who is left footed and integral for their build-up, he was injured for a while.

Regarding clubs that use a left-footed LCB, all teams who play 3 at the back have a starting left footed LCB. We basically do that too because Busi drops deep.

Last edited:

gasgas

Ramos, Van Dijk, Boateng and Hummels are all exceptional at passing and comfortable at passing with their left foot. It's almost as if you didn't read my post.

Instead of focusing on "left footed"

Focus on the quality of the defender.

We have bought plenty of left footed CBs recently Vermaelen, Mathieu, Umtiti, Lenglet

All far from worldclass, but they are left footed. Barca is the only club insisting on this madness

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Instead of focusing on "left footed"

Focus on the quality of the defender.

We have bought plenty of left footed CBs recently Vermaelen, Mathieu, Umtiti, Lenglet

All far from worldclass, but they are left footed. Barca is the only club insisting on this madness

Barca plays from the back with short passing and is often pressed while doing so. Having a LCB who is good with his left foot is essential for us. That's why Pep uses Laporte too. I agree with you that the LCB doesn't necessarily have to be left footed, but he absolutely should be able to play passes with his left if he is right footed.

gasgas

Barca plays from the back with short passing and is often pressed while doing so. Having a LCB who is good with his left foot is essential for us. That's why Pep uses Laporte too. I agree with you that the LCB doesn't necessarily have to be left footed, but he absolutely should be able to play passes with his left if he is right footed.

Yeah and many right footed CBs are good with their left feet because they are trained from early on to use both.

There's no need to be so fixed on this.

We won our CLs and trebles mostly with right footed CBs Masch, Puyol, and others.

Just look at Lenglet's passing under pressure :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yeah and many right footed CBs are good with their left feet because they are trained from early on to use both.

There's no need to be so fixed on this.

We won our CLs and trebles mostly with right footed CBs Masch, Puyol, and others.

Just look at Lenglet's passing under pressure :lol:

Lenglet's passing is inconsistent but it's above average. Just yesterday we scored the first goal thanks to his line-cutting pass to Frenkie.

Home of Barca Fans