Daniel Alves

The Observer

It's only crap because it's lacking balance without a defensive midfielder. They had to somehow squeeze in Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery and Zlatan. All the mentioned players are easily top 3 in their respective positions though, maybe except Ramos, so it really isn't much of a controversy. In central midfield I can only think of Schweinsteiger and Busquets who would have deserved to be there as well, although Lahm is now Bayern's defensive pivot. Anything else is hipsterism. Gündogan has missed almost the entire season so far. Vidal is already out of the CL and GOATing up a league that is rated 25 points behind La Liga and 5 points ahead of Portgual in the official Fifa rankings, Premier League doesn't have any worthy central midfielders and Real Madrid are crap. So, yeah. That's that.

barca1899

Bd46VDICYAABT9c.jpg

Tw Alves: "Many thanks to all who helped me to get this trophy for the 4th year. Special thanks to my father."

Stric

This is bad, and I'm not even talking about it in the sense that he's getting an award that he doesn't deserve, I'm referring to the attitude that's being promoted that way - the entire world, and he himself, will get the impression that he's not only good, but the best. Whereas, in reality, he has a lot to improve. Rewarding him for his recent performances isn't really helping the matter.

T

TataMascapenes

It's only crap because it's lacking balance without a defensive midfielder. They had to somehow squeeze in Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery and Zlatan. All the mentioned players are easily top 3 in their respective positions though, maybe except Ramos, so it really isn't much of a controversy. In central midfield I can only think of Schweinsteiger and Busquets who would have deserved to be there as well, although Lahm is now Bayern's defensive pivot. Anything else is hipsterism. Gündogan has missed almost the entire season so far. Vidal is already out of the CL and GOATing up a league that is rated 25 points behind La Liga and 5 points ahead of Portgual in the official Fifa rankings, Premier League doesn't have any worthy central midfielders and Real Madrid are crap. So, yeah. That's that.
Schweini? He's hardly played for large parts of last year and isn't as good as he used to. I'd even put Pogba in ahead of Xavi.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Schweini? He's hardly played for large parts of last year and isn't as good as he used to. I'd even put Pogba in ahead of Xavi.

He was Bayern's "Xavi" (when he was still good) last season and played as good as never before while bossing Barcelona's and Juventus' midfield. It's completely beyond me how you can claim about him what you claim.
It's true of course that he missed a little more than half of the current season so far.

Cule4life

The Culest
This is bad, and I'm not even talking about it in the sense that he's getting an award that he doesn't deserve, I'm referring to the attitude that's being promoted that way - the entire world, and he himself, will get the impression that he's not only good, but the best. Whereas, in reality, he has a lot to improve. Rewarding him for his recent performances isn't really helping the matter.

Agree. This has also seeped into this forum with some members throwing out sweeping statements like Alves is perfect and infinitely better than Montoya

MrKnowitAlll

you guys underrate alves. you know .. why dont we sell alves , pique , masch , alexis , pedro , valdes , alba and song... and see where we will end up.

as a liverpool supporter i thinks some of you are spoilt. there is no perfect player , and every player has a weakness. you have to accept that. no rb was better than alves last season. maybe lahm but he was on the list as lb because he has been playing sometimes as lb this season.

jeez. you have the best squad in the world but barca fans never stop to admire thier squad. and when they do admire someone , they over admire then. eg .. bartra and messi.

Cule4life

The Culest
you guys underrate alves. you know

No you and most of the forum is overrating him

why dont we sell alves , pique , masch , alexis , pedro , valdes , alba and song... and see where we will end up.

People are only asking for one of Masch/Song to be sold and a CB brought in. When did people ask for the rest to be sold?

as a liverpool supporter i thinks some of you are spoilt. there is no perfect player , and every player has a weakness. you have to accept that.

No offence but Barca have higher standards than Liverpool.

no rb was better than alves last season. maybe lahm

:lol: Are you serious? You should watch other league and team matches. Your username is ironic to say the least

barca fans never stop to admire thier squad. and when they do admire someone , they over admire then. eg .. bartra and messi.

Calling for players to be selected based on their performance(Bartra) is bad? And no praise is high enough for Messi

jeez. you have the best squad in the world

No Bayern does. Plus our squad is not balanced. Where are the defenders?

Home of Barca Fans