David Luiz

Paganinisrvnge

i will be amazed if chelsea let him go, they already lack depth at centre back as it is, they need to add players there not sell, they'll be left with cahill, ivanovic, terry and youngsters if luiz goes, they won't win anything with that...

Mourinho would probably bring in some older established CBs that can be good for a few seasons like he had done with Lucio at Inter and then Carvalho at Real.

SoMa

Who is faster, Luiz or Thiago Silva?

i will be amazed if chelsea let him go, they already lack depth at centre back as it is, they need to add players there not sell, they'll be left with cahill, ivanovic, terry and youngsters if luiz goes, they won't win anything with that...

Man, we shoulf try and get ivanovic if all else fails, hes a beast in the air and winning headers.

Don't do it. Honestly splashing your money on David Luiz would be an absolute nightmare for you guys. He is great footballer but simply not a great defender! He makes to many mistakes and his positioning isn't good enough for a top CB. He is world class going forward and his energy and drive can be mesmerizing but that isn't what a defender is for. When we played Chelsea I feared Luiz every time they had a set piece or a good attack option as I knew he is so dangerous at it, but loved him when we had an attack as I knew the one to most likely fuck up is also David Luiz. Pique and Luiz simply wouldn't work. Pique needs a discplined CB to partner him. Like Dante or Vidic, but certainly not such an mistake prone, attacking CB in the mould of David Luiz or Hummels.

Bertus

Here a piece of info for you guys.

According to skysports, Barcelona wants chelsea to lower the price asked for Luiz, so they are waiting for Luiz to clearly make understand his club direction that he wants to leave the london based club to Barcelona.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Well, as I said before it seems that Pique is more of a problem than many defenders being linked to Barca! If he wasn't sucha spoiled La Masia product maybe he wasn't here right now so we had less of a trouble thinking about who's a better CB for Barca.

Bertus

Sandro would never cut the wages of a Brazilian

Actually that's what was offered to TS according to Rumors last June. Barca was planning to pay him a bit less than his old salary at PSG (he signed a new contract that includes a bigger salary yesterday).

Tomchin

Actually that's what was offered to TS according to Rumors last June. Barca was planning to pay him a bit less than his old salary at PSG (he signed a new contract that includes a bigger salary yesterday).
Well yeah, T Silva is on exceptional wages, I doubt Luiz is earning that much :)

Stric

Luiz may not be a top-of-the-line defender, but he's still a better defender than any Barca defender... except Puyol, who's not there most of the time. There are no great defenders available, and we need an improvement. We've been needing an improvement for a few years now, but at this point, we are desparate for any improvement.

barcanuck

He's tall and great on set pieces. It's what we're looking for. We started with Thiago Silva, now Luiz and may end up with Agger. They all fit the same profile though.

Home of Barca Fans