David Villa vs Lewa vs Henry

The best?

• Total voters

Etoshow

Who can give a reason he wasn't the same guy for us that he used to be for Valencia ? I have an idea but he leaved Valencia a good team for Barça the best team in the world but he didn't get the same stats.

bismp

Who can give a reason he wasn't the same guy for us that he used to be for Valencia ? I have an idea but he leaved Valencia a good team for Barça the best team in the world but he didn't get the same stats.
Dude people age up. Due to injuries, Villa's career as an elite striker was over in late 2011.

And ofc he was used as a winger under Pep (to great results, as it further opened up Messi as a false 9, no one is denying that).

Etoshow

Dude people age up. Due to injuries, Villa's career as an elite striker was over in late 2011.

And ofc he was used as a winger under Pep (to great results, as it further opened up Messi as a false 9, no one is denying that).
Or maybe it is just easier to perform as a goalscorer for Valencia compared to that Barcelona team. Villa was good for 2010-11, but he wasn't Maravilla anymore, not the same numbers. Of course he helped the teamplay more than he used to do for Valencia but in terms of goals he failed and it wasn't a position's matter because I remember even as a cf he wasn't good and Pep decided to keep him on the wing to give him space and he was better there. I think Larsson, Henry, Ibra and Villa fond the same problem as a Barça striker.

companyofcules

It's a fair argument.
Either way Henry is the best player overall and in my opinion it's not close.
Much of the hype was made in peasant BPL. Villa made some insane games Henry never did in big games. If Villa was playing for Arsenal in 2006 not playing Messi and Iniesta as starters would have been very very stupid.
Then there is France where Henry had good teams.
Henry for me was a God among peasants, Villa was a demigod among Gods.
I think it all depends on what you want, but for Barca Villa was better.

Daisymorr

Peak Henry is in the level above the other two.
He is in the bracket with Zindane/R9/Ronaldinho(Peak)

Other 2 were great player but Henry was comfortably better.

companyofcules

By the way never compare peasant killers from EPL with R9 or other huge legends. Lol nobody played there Silva broke that league.
In cups they have one game to run for

companyofcules

I think at Real in prime he would have been way better than Raul and Raul was my favorite striker. For sure FCB would have eliminated United in 2008 with Villa. It's pity nobody spotted him for La Masia.

Windhook

No Ronaldinho had magic
You are probably too young to remember mid-to-late 90s. Ronaldo had the brute and magician intertwined in his game. He dominated football during the 1996-1998 period totally. He was unrivaled. Sadly the world missed three years of his prime dealing with injuries post 1998 WC final, which is another controversy on its own.

Thierry Henry is above all, if we speak prime, not restricted to Barca days. One of the reasons I used to follow and root for Arsenal at the time. Also the genius Dennis Bergkamp.

Last edited:

Messigician

You are probably too young to remember mid-to-late 90s. Ronaldo had the brute and magician intertwined in his game. He dominated football during the 1996-1998 period totally. He was unrivaled. Sadly the world missed three years of his prime dealing with injuries post 1998 WC final, which is another controversy on its own.
No he didn’t

Watch his YouTube highlights

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Titi arrived first and had the luxury of not only Leo but Ronnie, Deco & Samu - never mind Xavi & Iniesta. He came perhaps a season too late from Arsenal but had the misfortune to have arrived at a time the team was imploding - bad timing more than anything because he really came good under Pep. A player that shined briefly but brightly

El Guaje came 1-2 seasons too late - even Pep acknowledges he made mistakes with him & D.Silva when they were at Los Che. I think Villa simply arrived too late in his career to really make his mark but my favorite Spanish striker of all time - plus it necessitated the deal for Ibra/Samu which on balance was a failure. Although I still maintain Ibra is the most skilled big man I have seen play the game, as for his ego battle with Pep, I think is is a smokescreen for his inability to play at the level of his teammates - on many occasions visible lack of confidence on the pitch was clear on his face which is notable in a player known for his ego

Lewy might be the most versatile of those 3 but he never got to play with the greatest players in the game like the other 2 did. But like the others, came far too late in his careeer

The real winner is Luis Suarez, he’s the best striker I have seen (not just at Barca) and of course I wonder what could’ve been if he went straight from Ajax to Barca instead of Liverpool in 2011

A lot of choices in hindsight for strikers that could’ve added more titles into the museum but we‘ve been spoiled. I still think the most legendary forward acquisition that was here for such a short time was Henke

Home of Barca Fans