Defender for next season?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I have more faith in Bartra than in Fontàs.

Me too, I also don't want Muniesa to leave. IF we sell Adriano, Muniesa should stay and rotate with Alba on LB - he looks very solid there. If we bring in another experienced CB our defence looks solid.
RB - Alves/Montoya
CB - Pique, Masch, Puyol, Bartra and new signing
LB - Alba and Muniesa or Adriano

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Kompany -rejected us
Chillini - could be good, got some pace too.
Hummels - new contract
Koscie - won't be too hard to get, definitely easier than Vermaelen but he had a good Euro
Subo - Felipe Sentana's contract was extended and so was hummels', he'd be available for the right price
Jan - too late
sakho - no idea

Phil - NO.

Does it really matter whether a player has renewed his contract? A lot of players renew contracts before leaving, sometimes just to make sure their own club gets more money. See the deal for Dszudszak with my local club PSV, renewed his contract a year ago but left 2 weeks later for 15M to Dinamo.

Seriously, I won't understand it if Barca would pay 40+ million for Martinez and not pay that sum for Hummels. Hummels is a way better CB, and with Busquets and Mascherano we have 2 world class DM's.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

I have more faith in Bartra than in Fontàs.

Yeah, I don't know why we are trying to sell other defenders and wanting to keep Fontas? At least not that I have heard anyway. I like Fontas, but I think both Bartra and Muniesa have more potential than him.

Meitux

Yeah, I don't know why we are trying to sell other defenders and wanting to keep Fontas? At least not that I have heard anyway. I like Fontas, but I think both Bartra and Muniesa have more potential than him.
fontas is just not enough i cant see him being a good defender and by the way he is so damn slow.... imagine someone like pato needs just to sprint with the ball to get past him...

khaled_a_d

I don't know about Bartra and Muniesa ,really need to watch them more,But Fontas should never be in a squad like FCB ,he isn't any good tbh

Meitux

I don't know about Bartra and Muniesa ,really need to watch them more,But Fontas should never be in a squad like FCB ,he isn't any good tbh
i agree and yes we all now la masia has great talents but they cant be all great fontas is just typically a barca boy he isnt enough for barcelona and not even for a good club he is for small clubs

Latin Europe

looks like Muniesa will go on loan to Ajax... Bartra will be great, meanwhile fontas still have to prove himself. If we have to buy of course Javi Martinez my fav too but with reasonable price, or we can try to find a cheap bargain for example Mehdi Benatia of Udinese

zanela

Fontás isn't really as bad as you guys are projecting him to be. His inexperience means he'll be prone to positional lapses, just unfortunate that his lack of pace magnifies his flaws. With better anticipation and game reading, he can really shine. On the ball he's one of the better defenders we've. He should do well for a midtable club in the near future.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Fontás isn't really as bad as you guys are projecting him to be. His inexperience means he'll be prone to positional lapses, just unfortunate that his lack of pace magnifies his flaws. With better anticipation and game reading, he can really shine. On the ball he's one of the better defenders we've. He should do well for a midtable club in the near future.

When we say he's not good enough, I think many mean he's not good enough to play for us - it's not like he sucks and should quite the game completely or anything. A mid tabel club in Spain, Italy or France and he can make a career for himself.

cdg783

Javi Martinez .but if that does not work how about Mateo Musacchio he should be cheap and he is young but he lacks height do you guys think he is good enough i really haven't seen him to often

impeh

Hi, its me..
Barcelona are set to revive their interest in Liverpool defender Daniel Agger.

Coach Tito Vilanova wants a defender who can also play in midfield, with the other alternative, Athletic Bilbao’s Javi Martinez, too expensive.

The 27-year-old Agger, about whom Barca enquired in January, would represent much better value for money.

Spanish rivals Real Madrid have themselves made tentative enquiries about the Dane, who excelled at Euro 2012.

Agger himself is not agitating for a move, but is still getting used to live under new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

Home of Barca Fans