Douglas Costa

El Flaco

Was he ever a natural winger in the classic sense? Not really in my opinion. He played that position at PSG but he really came to to his absolute best as a LWF and an AM for Brazil.

Didn't made the comparison based on their respective position but rather for being entertaining because of his skills during the games/training.

Douglas remind me of his fellow countryman in that way.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Didn't made the comparison based on their respective position but rather for being entertaining because of his skills during the games/training.

Douglas remind me of his fellow countryman in that way.

Yeah I see. But you can also add Neymar but when it comes to a vertical player, Joaquin on form was a JOYYY!

But was inconsistent...and I think he was breastfed for 6 yrs, which put off Perez.

Acer

It seems to me a limited player, in the end what he does other than pushes the ball and runs? I can't even call him a great dribbler, he just pushes the ball and runs. It works in Bundes where the defenses in my opinion are the most scarce among the top 5 European leagues. For example in Ligue 1 this mode of play doesn't work because it's a very physical and athletic league(more the BPL). Lucas Moura is similar to him(with a much better close control and fantasy) and he suffers a lot, the athleticism of the league.

we will see against Lichtsteiner, although a better test would be Serge Aurier, because in my opinion over than the explosive speed Douglas Costa is nothing of special (at a certain age all players lose that).

Last edited:

aaron101

It seems to me a limited player, in the end what he does other than pushes the ball and runs? I can't even call him a great dribbler, he just pushes the ball and runs. It works in Bundes where the defenses in my opinion are the most scarce among the top 5 European leagues. For example in Ligue 1 this mode of play doesn't work because it's a very physical and athletic league(more the BPL). Lucas Moura is similar to him(with a much better close control and fantasy) and he suffers a lot, the athleticism of the league.

we will see against Lichtsteiner, although a better test would be Serge Aurier, because in my opinion over than the explosive speed is nothing of special (at a certain age all players lose that).

You clearly don't watch Bayern games on a regular basis. His dribbling matched with his pace is simply amazing. You must be talking about Bale. He has close control on the ball and he has that Brazilian flair similar to Neymar. Has a lot of tricks too.

Acer

You clearly don't watch Bayern games on a regular basis. His dribbling matched with his pace is simply amazing. You must be talking about Bale. He has close control on the ball and he has that Brazilian flair similar to Neymar. Has a lot of tricks too.

i watch Bayern often and he is nothing of special to me. Has not the flair of Neymar not even close. His close control is not great. For what I have seen his game is based at 90% on acceleration.

Acer

Bale technically is for sure better. Has not the agility and the acceleration of Costa to beat the man like him, but his close control is better for me.

[youtube]0CfEiFRuSB4[/youtube]
[youtube]watch?v=Iz_kRt1_Iqg[/youtube]

Last edited:

NeyMesSis

we will see against Lichtsteiner, although a better test would be Serge Aurier, because in my opinion over than the explosive speed Douglas Costa is nothing of special (at a certain age all players lose that).
you CLEARLY dont watch bayern! this guy has amzing technique! his dribbling and ball controll is amazing.. pleasee, on of the most exciting players to watch

Acer

i watch bayern some times and for me is nothing of special, he is dribbling is 90% agility and acceleration.

A player with great dribbling and close is Yacine Brahimi, not this guy. Costa has a good close control, but nothing of special, a bit better than sterling.

runner:
[youtube]SsMa3jGXM8I[/youtube]
dribblers:
[youtube]RS43I74zP7M[/youtube]
[youtube]R0Re6r2br7I[/youtube]

Last edited:

Yannik

i watch bayern some times and for me is nothing of special, he is dribbling is 90% agility and acceleration.

How is that a bad thing? Your categorization would put Neymar into a similar spot as Costa.
Pretty sure that both are better dribblers than Di Maria or Brahimi, who hasnt really shown anything at a big stage yet, other than several group stages.
Actually Di Maria is also pretty reliant on agility and acceleration. Every good dribbler is actually, without speed you can't get away from a defender into freespace (which is what dribbling is about), its not a beauty-contest even though Costa would still make the podium in such a fictive competition

Last edited:

Acer

How is that a bad thing? Your categorization would put Neymar into a similar spot as Costa.
Pretty sure that both are better dribblers than Di Maria or Brahimi, who hasnt really shown anything at a big stage yet, other than several group stages.
Actually Di Maria is also pretty reliant on agility and acceleration. Every good dribbler is actually, without speed you can't get away from a defender into freespace (which is what dribbling is about), its not a beauty-contest

is different, Costa pushes the ball and runs these players have the ball under control.
not difficult to understand.
lol Di Maria and Brahimi hasnt really shown anything at a big stage yet? Di Maria win La Deciam for Real thanks to his dribbling, who the fuck is Douglas Costa?
Di Maria is not only much better dribbler than costa(and in big games has showed to be even then Neymar, but Neymar is a better player) but Costa can only dream to be half the player than Di Maria is. Costa was no one, before some months ago and is just 2 years younger than Angel who is one of the best winger in the world sinze 2008. Costa is no one.

Brahimi is much better dribbler than Costa. Costa is not even close to the dribbling ability of Brahimi.

Costa is not a dribbler, is just a player with great pace, who look much better than he his thanks to perfect system of Bayern(is even more easy with lewa, a cross a goal), created by Guardiola. A similar example was Pedro, but pedro was more talented and technically better. Costa was no one at Shaktar and was never considered by Brazil Nt before going at Bayern. And even now when it is called it is always invisible. Is just about pace and decent technique.

Really nothing of special in Costa, a player like dozzon of others with Brahimi the team would be even better.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Acer's posts:

287e9c03142644331422775855_700wa_0.gif

You are so clueless. Costa has done amazing and creative tricks this season.

Yannik

is different, Costa pushes the ball and runs these players have the ball under control.
not difficult to understand.
lol Di Maria and Brahimi hasnt really shown anything at a big stage yet? Di Maria win La Deciam for Real thanks to his dribbling, who the fuck is Douglas Costa?

than Di Maria or >>>> Brahimi<<<< , who hasnt really shown anything at a big stage yet, other than several group stages.

You didn't give any of these achievement-examples for Brahimi in your post. I said Brahimi hasnt shown anything at big stage, you ridiculed that
lol Di Maria and Brahimi hasnt really shown anything at a big stage yet?
. But you didnt say what he has shown us so far.

Last edited:

Acer

Acer's posts:

287e9c03142644331422775855_700wa_0.gif

You are so clueless. Costa has done amazing and creative tricks this season.
and who says a fan of Bayern?
I think you Germans will enhanced with little.y You have seen a few technical players in your history, so I understand your excitement. imagine if Baggio was born German
However you will see the difference against Juve between dribblers(Pogba, Dybala, Cuadrado) and a runner like Costa.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans