Eden Hazard

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Besides, i'm not sure what the obsession is about scoring 50 goals. The likes of Zidane, Laudrup, Ronaldinho and Iniesta never scored even 30+ goals a season, yet they were the best of their era.
That's the problem these days. Ronaldo and Messi score that many so all of a sudden if you're a pacey wide player you have to score that many to be considered great. I'd like for him to hit 30 a season but at the end of the day he does more than his fair share of work for the team, and if he never scores that many than so be it. I said it maybe in this thread or somewhere else, if Hazard was playing 10-15 years ago people wouldn't quite have the same doubts about him as a player as they have now.

Moose

And on another note, Hazard had the better season than Neymar (who was great in his own right). I know, this is a barca forum and some will be up in arms, but the fact is Neymar plays next to Suarez and Lionel MESSI, who gift-wraps majority of his goals for him. How many easy goals did Neymar score off of Messi's hardwork? He won't even be half the player for Barca without Messi in that team. If both players swapped teams, I think the difference in quality will be much clearer.

Overall Hazard might have had a better season, but he didn't reach the level Neymar reached the last 2 months.

JamDav1982

But Suarez and Messi would have scored more then, since Hazard is way better at creating & assisting.

Or they would get less goals as they spend more of their time trying to set up chances for an inferior finisher with poorer movement off the ball that doesnt open up space for them.

No one really knows.

F

Flavia

But Suarez and Messi would have scored more then, since Hazard is way better at creating & assisting.
Barça's biggest problem was a lack of great finishers, not creators. Alexis sanchez, cesc, for instance. And Suarez was suspended for a good while. Without a top finisher as Neymar, there'd be no treble. That's what made MSN unstoppable too. The 3 are deadly finishers. A player like hazard would unbalance that. I see no advantage in having him instead of Neymar.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And on another note, Hazard had the better season than Neymar (who was great in his own right). I know, this is a barca forum and some will be up in arms, but the fact is Neymar plays next to Suarez and Lionel MESSI, who gift-wraps majority of his goals for him. How many easy goals did Neymar score off of Messi's hardwork? He won't even be half the player for Barca without Messi in that team. If both players swapped teams, I think the difference in quality will be much clearer.

You mean like how good Neymar is with Brazil while Hazard is average with Belgium with much better players than Brazil? :thinking:

Your logic fails you completely there.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Barça's biggest problem was a lack of great finishers, not creators. Alexis sanchez, cesc, for instance. And Suarez was suspended for a good while. Without a top finisher as Neymar, there'd be no treble. That's what made MSN unstoppable too. The 3 are deadly finishers. A player like hazard would unbalance that. I see no advantage in having him instead of Neymar.

Yeah, I never said that Hazard is/would be better than Neymar. I just said that Suarez and Messi would have scored more because of Hazard.

JamDav1982

Yeah, I never said that Hazard is/would be better than Neymar. I just said that Suarez and Messi would have scored more because of Hazard.

Which you dont know as Hazard would not be the main man in the front three who players look to get on ball and create as he is at Chelsea.

At Barca that is Messi and it wouldnt change.

I doubt Suarez and Messi score more with Hazard as Hazard doesnt fit in the front three the way Neymar does.

Darko

This.
MVP, MSN, Eto'o and Henry, it's no coincidence we have been the world's best whenever we had 3 deadly finishers who could score from the numerous chances our midfield creates.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Every time his thread is updated, he has to be compared to Neymar. Why? They are different players and in their current form are suited for different teams. I believe Hazard is not better than Neymar, period. Secondly, Hazard is certainly not better than Neymar for Barca. He would do well for Madrid.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's unfair to try and substitute Hazard for Neymar at Barca. Neymar fulfills the role required of him to absolute perfection based on our needs, Hazard simply isn't that type of player. What you can 'hypothesize' is how Hazard would do in a team that brings out the very best in him the way Barca does in Neymar because he certainly is being held back to some degree at Chelsea.

Put Hazard in an on form Bayern team with some freedom and I suspect he'd shine a lot more. Though I still give a (slight) edge to Neymar overall because he's a more effective player.

Home of Barca Fans