El Clasico 08/09: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona: 2 - 6

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Real Madrid is bound to make a mistake somewhere. If Getafe almost took a win there I don`t see why Barca couldn`t take all 3 points.

30porbn.jpg

Thierry

you guys are strange.. i don't know (or even heard about )a single Madrid fan who would not give up 4 years of the liga for a our Decima CL trophy..

if anything it should be a priority for Barca due to the little number of Champions league trophies you got.. on history & players you deserve a much higher number

Guti missing is a great blessing for me... by the time he decide to make a single good pass it could be too late that leaves the Lass-Gago-Marcelo-Robben in the midfield .. no doubt..

Real's current CL records is losing speed again this season.

Its almost become a curse they receive early eliminations in the Champions of Europe Competition these days. What a pity.

Beast

The Observer
records are intact.. we still remain the highest winning team in the CL history ..

however i don't see what this had to do with anything i posted ? i'm talking about CL priority in our eyes and it should be due to the limited number of CL trophies you got (i'm not bragging ) i'm surprised of the priority of you guys..
i mean come on sides like Ajax & B Munich has double the number of CL trophies and Benfica,Porto are tied with u

barca7788

Nepali Cule
the main concern in this tie is how fit our players are. if we can give 100% then its our but i have a feeling that we are in our 2nd bad patch in this season.hope we can win.

MinaFCB

Pep gave our players a free day!!they'll have a training tomorrow and Sat 11 am they ll leave to Madrid...

Thierry

records are intact.. we still remain the highest winning team in the CL history ..

however i don't see what this had to do with anything i posted ? i'm talking about CL priority in our eyes and it should be due to the limited number of CL trophies you got (i'm not bragging ) i'm surprised of the priority of you guys..
i mean come on sides like Ajax & B Munich has double the number of CL trophies and Benfica,Porto are tied with u

I would not necessary want to weight ourselves with the likes of those you mention, and trophy tally is not all that there is to football either (so we trust in our eyes). our priorities are simply greater and more diverse around football, moreso than Real could ever hope to achieve.:smile:

..and this by the way is a title that lives on, un-contested.

Beast

The Observer
I beg to differ .. the Dream team is still remembered & benchmarked ahead of all Barca teams for his trophy achievements
although from a neutral point of view the 03/04 team which had Davids-Dinho (debut ) played better yet the 05/06 is the highlight of the this era due to the Double trophy..it's down to the trophy achievement no matter how much u want to deny it... u buy players that can win you the trophies not that entertain only otherwise don't buy and just introduce new midfielder's & attacker's

shadows

I beg to differ .. the Dream team is still remembered & benchmarked ahead of all Barca teams for his trophy achievements
although from a neutral point of view the 03/04 team which had Davids-Dinho (debut ) played better yet the 05/06 is the highlight of the this era due to the Double trophy..it's down to the trophy achievement no matter how much u want to deny it... u buy players that can win you the trophies not that entertain only otherwise don't buy and just introduce new midfielder's & attacker's

Beast thats true..But if we played the way Chelsea did(home or away)..our fans would have booed our asses off!we want trophies and that 2 in style.Same with Real also and Valencia as well to some extent!

Thierry

No need to differ..
If you read my post carefully, you will notice a similar impetus of essence which could also be subtracted from yours.

I simply meant that which is printed and obvious:
Mes Que Un Club..:lol:

Beast

The Observer
Beast thats true..But if we played the way Chelsea did(home or away)..our fans would have booed our asses off!we want trophies and that 2 in style.Same with Real also and Valencia as well to some extent!
you can't play the way Chelsea did.. neither can we (fans would never forgive the manager & ask for his head despite the fact that we had to play the same way in the first classico but i'm talking in general as u said for Real & Valencia which is true ) ..

I would never ask Real or Barca to defend the way the Brits do (our first classico aside as we had our long list of injuries & a new coach for 4 days ) .. however i would advocate a more balanced approach.. for example during your very successful 05/06 season Frank went for double pivot midfielders instead of your normal one DM behind 2 CM's and it proved to be very very successful in Europe..
us oldies would always say u need a great defense to win in Europe and nowadays it's very true.. Arsenal CL final appearance came from a defensive + counter attack tactic they stayed 10 games without conceding a goal until the PK in the final vs Barca..

It's very easy to be a sofa coach and say "if i was Pep , i would have done this or done that " from my comfort @ home without actually being there .. however i do think Pep should have introduced Guddy he knows the EPL system and could actually be more helpful in such game with his direct game play then say someone like Bleh

the game is there to be won but i do think you need more balance approaching Chelsea in SB instead of all out attack as it stands you are level so even 0-0 would take you to the PK's but you need to put more muscle in the midfield with one creative spark not 2 like the first leg
No need to differ..
If you read my post carefully, you will notice a similar impetus of essence which could also be subtracted from yours.

I simply meant that which is printed and obvious:
Mes Que Un Club..:lol:

fair play mate

Beast

The Observer
Bullshit. And I know you know it.

it is not bullshit .. strongest sides win the CL it's a fact .. u may score more or play better but that doesn't mean you are the strongest.. the strongest in football are the more balanced team.. not the team who have 5 + average goal scoring record...

Zqa-

That isn't entirely true.. Winning ChL is much based on luck, for example Terry's missed penalty last year, Barca were very lucky against AC Milan (back when we won ChL) when the ref awarded us a freekick when Sheva had a free run against or goal, etc.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
back to el clasico guys....i would love to see

puyol....pique...caceres...abidal
.........yaya.......
..xavi....keita....
messi...henry...iniesta

or our usual 5 tops with that back line

Home of Barca Fans