Emerson

Birdy

This guy is the opposite of Dest.
Reliable defensively or at least decent, there won't be any black hole left at RB when he plays.

But at the same time, he is so limited with the ball on the feet.
His movement when there are tons of spaces ahead of him is good, but when he receives the ball he does not know what to do with it.
His passing is also limited, reminiscent of Roberto at RB: always the easy option (back and centrally). never progressive and forward.
Semedo, who is rumored here to be the worst with the ball on the feet, is much better on this front than Emerson

IMO,
he should play the games where we need defensive stability.
Against most LaLiga sides that will sit back, Dest should start ahead of him

JamDav1982

Roberto at RB was better on ball than Dest and before him in a different league to Semedo at RB with ball also.

Dest and Emerson will need to improve or before long will see Roberto back there again. Which no one wants to see.

Need to hope Emerson can relax and become more comfortable on the ball.

mc_lovin

I thought his movement when receiving and releasing the ball was the best part about him at Betis (plus his strength/grit obviously). He needs more time - same as the team really.

Birdy

I thought his movement when receiving and releasing the ball was the best part about him at Betis (plus his strength/grit obviously). He needs more time - same as the team really.

Betis played a different football and did not require from the full-backs to create.
It's easier to make a good timed run and receive the ball close to the box with space in front of you (Emerson is good at that), than having the responsibility to build, dribble and create from positions sometimes not even close to the box.
The latter is the case at Barca. Dest is superior at creating, no question IMO.

Having said that, I would probably play Emerson against Bayern for instance, because the gaps that Dest leaves are huge, combined with the gaps Alba leaves on the opposite flank

jairzinho

Sport saying he could be on his way out.

Emerson is getting closer to becoming a new Tottenham player. Bar?a and the English side are already laying the foundations of an agreement in which the Brazilian full-back would become a new signing of the Spurs for an amount greater than €23m. [sport]

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Unless there was no longer Betis' sell on fee (50% now, 20% after summer), Barca would need to sell for at least 30M to break even

Means Roberto would be back at RB which is better than him in midfield

Prodi

He's shit, he doesnt have a future here so good deal. If he plays bad with us o doest play at all, next summer his value will drop to 5-10M.

ajnotkeith

We aren't selling him unless Spurs make him an unrefusable offer. He has probably just put roots down in Barcelona, moved his family, just got his first start (has barely played 70 minutes with this shirt) and he would be well within his rights to refuse any move. So for that reason I don't think he is moving at any price, especially after what Laporta said about him at that press conference. Koeman doesn't want him to leave either as he requested a full-back prior to his signing.

Messi983

He's not shit. Clearly better than have to watch Roberto as a RB ever again.

Could easily sell him for at least 20m next year as well without having to pay add-ons to Betis.

We could just as well sell Frenkie and Pedri and renew amigos until 2027.

Let's hope he'll reject the move. This is our only hope.

malvolio

He's shit, he doesnt have a future here so good deal. If he plays bad with us o doest play at all, next summer his value will drop to 5-10M.

exactly! this is the kind of deal chelsea is praised for when selling their loanees or unwanted young players.

he's not better than dest or roberto.

ajnotkeith

His sale doesn't give us any margin to bring in a player (would be max 5 mill of disposable income or less) so it would be for purely economic reasons. I see him as a player with projection and who can be useful for us so, with the 50% to Betis at this stage, it is stupid to sell him. We sold Firpo for 15 mill I'm sure we can get more for Emerson next summer if we do want to sell him.

Home of Barca Fans