Emerson

Porque

We need the money. Emerson has been here for a few weeks and the assessment is in that he better to profit from than keep.

Hope he was giving more of a chance but I think Dest is stylistically more suitable to us.

We are still going to need a right back at some point over the next few seasons, so let's hope we got a great scouted option ready to slot into the B team and let brew.

ajnotkeith

I'm also worried we are building up a really bad reputation as a club with how we treat our players in regards to contracts. First we terminated Matheus without even presenting him or giving him a half of football, then we tricked Messi into thinking we had an agreement for months, then the persistent lies the board has spread within the media in regards to players like Braithwaite, Moriba, Umtiti, Alba/Pique/Roberto/Busquets with the wage cuts, and that's not including shit like how we made Depay take a 30% wagecut 3 weeks after we signed him. Now we are putting a player on the market who literally just signed for us and who the club's president heaped praise on saying he has a long future at Barca. It is very unprofessional and not even new signings can be certain they will stay at the club.

malvolio

Well yeah, who needs defenders who can actually defend?

he was all over the place in defending against getafe at home, mate. why should we fill the squad with mediocrity and see who comes out the least poor?

this is not porto, ajax, dortmund. clubs that produce talent and play young players so maybe they can be sold for profit.

either you have it in you to play at barca or you don't. exceptions are made for really special talents.

can't even remember the last young player we sold and became a success at another big club. thiago?

Messi983

It was one game FFS.

We still have Mingueza.

I hope Emerson stays, but it's hardly the end of the world (and I was one of his biggest supporters here).

Don't think Mingueza will ever be anything more than a 4th CB/2nd-3rd RB type. Will probably be sold in 2-3 years anyway.

Emerson has potential to become a longterm starter.

ajnotkeith

It was one game FFS.

Players will be scared to sign for us if we treat them like this. We give them long-term contracts then weeks after they get to the club are told they will have to take another wage cut to be registered, with the club accepting bids for them maybe days after they bought a house here. How must it feel to move to a new club put roots down and read that you are for sale 2 weeks later? I would completely back Emerson if he refuses any move.

malvolio

It was one game FFS.

i'm not the best guy to give an unbiased opinion, as i said since before joining that he's no barca level player.

but otherwise he didn't show anything from the games he played + the coaching staff see this guy every day in training.

Players will be scared to sign for us if we treat them like this. We give them long-term contracts then weeks after they get to the club are told they will have to take another wage cut to be registered, with the club accepting bids for them maybe days after they bought a house here. How must it feel to move to a new club put roots down and read that you are for sale 2 weeks later? I would completely back Emerson if he refuses any move.

stop with the drama. chelsea do these kind of deals and they're just fine, even making good profits. we on the other hand, got used to signing shady brazilians that we release on a free.

jairzinho

Can't see the club writing him off after 3 games for sporting reasons.We're selling because we're broke and club will happily grab at any decent offer that comes along.

Raketa10

Can't see the club writing him off after 3 games for sporting reasons.We're selling because we're broke and club will happily grab at any decent offer that comes along.

Another reason is that we have 3 players who can cover that position: Dest, Roberto, Mingueza. Emerson does not have the required quality so sell him, take the money and move on.

ajnotkeith

If we sell Emerson we are showing our contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. We will terminate players, bully them into wage cuts through the media, sometimes mere weeks after they've arrived giving them wage cuts, now we are selling a player on a 3 year contract who just arrived and has only started 1 game. I think we shouldn't feed the narrative that Barca is a broke clown show and stop making these desperate and ridiculous moves.

fergus90

Under normal circumstances I'm sure the club would not discard a player after barely any game time. The financial situation is probably dictating this.

ajnotkeith

Di Marzio: Emerson to Tottenham for 30 million euros

It's confirmed.

Head's gone!!!

I doubt it is true, I think Barca may have accepted the bid but the media is clear personal terms are not agreed. Emerson will probably point blank refuse to join Tottenham.

Home of Barca Fans