Eric Abidal

Stric

I'm looking forward to this moment perhaps more than to any other moment in this season. Having one of our own come back alive and well after a terrible illness and show his strength along the way is a pretty glorious event that we're witnessing. And at this point I can't even imagine just how much more awe inspiring it would/will be to see Camp Nou celebrate this. Best of luck to Abidal, even if his comeback turns out to be just a victory lap, it will still be priceless.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Abidal, recovering after transplant, will get the medical green light this week and could be available for Saturday's Sevilla game. [sport]

Well, it's almost official now. Massive respect and love towards Abidal for recovering from a life threatening illness and coming back to play for the club he loves.

Edman

What's the chance of him playing soon (like say the sevilla match)?
He got the medical green light but he's not match fit, is he? If not, when do you think he will be ready play?

Watching him enter the pitch will be one of sport's moments of the year.

Hope we start him and own Sevilla even worse than we did Getafe. It would be a fitting welcome-back gift. Might not be a good idea to start him right away though.

barcanuck

If he gets the green light he's match fit folks. He's been training full time with us for months, so trust me he can start some non intense games.

Stric

I also think the medical green light is pretty much just the final step, he's been training for months. I'd imagine he could easily play 20-30 minutes. :wub:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There is no way he could start a game right away. He's been gone for months and he needs to be slowly re-integrated to get his game legs back. He might get in the final match squad and maybe he will get a substitute appearance. Even so, I don't expect more than 20-30 minutes max.

Home of Barca Fans