Erling Haaland

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fully agree. The salary cap is draconian and hinders the club to invest.

How is the salary cap calculated? How can there be such a large discrepancy between the clubs? 700m vs 100m, right?

Nobody seems to be able to explain it. Supposedly based on revenue and bottom line (profit vs. loss), but nobody can explain how the heck we have a salary cap 1/7 of Real Madrid's, even less than Villarreal's I believe.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Brazzo will find a way.

Brazzo has been terrible, if anybody it would be Hainer who can talk to his friends at Adidas to purchase more shares. Don't you guys have like 5% more shares that you can sell or something? I heard that at your last AGM meeting.

FinBarcelonafan

Nobody seems to be able to explain it. Supposedly based on revenue and bottom line (profit vs. loss), but nobody can explain how the heck we have a salary cap 1/7 of Real Madrid's, even less than Villarreal's I believe.

I guess our revenue crashed compared to our payroll, which was ****** huge, but that's normal in a situation of COVID.. That should be have been calculated. The salary cap was fine in a normal situation, but it should have been adjusted to freaking corona virus.

serghei

I guess our revenue crashed compared to our payroll, which was ****** huge, but that's normal in a situation of COVID.. That should be have been calculated. The salary cap was fine in a normal situation, but it should have been adjusted to freaking corona virus.

Except there were big warning signs about our wage structure before covid as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

It was relaxed for only one season, 20/21 season while other leagues either continued to relax or suspended similar measures, if they had anything like that in the first place.

Not everything can be blamed on COVID but it was indeed the catalyst. Without it at least we wouldn't have such a downfall in revenue, but even with the fall of revenue our salary cap shouldn't be reduced by that much. It must have something to do with the amount of losses we incurred.

delancey

Yeah, The salary cap discrepancy between RM and Barca is insane. It doesn?t exactly inspire confidence either that the President of LL is a Real Madrid fan. I can?t stand Tebas! He should be doing all he can to promote competition between RM and Barca. Instead, he is doing the opposite. He should be excited about us signing Haaland! Great for the league. Mbappe vs Haaland! One has to ask: what?s his objective with the salary cap when all it does is promote less competition and more dominance for his favorite club! Let?s hope that CVC is ruled illegal, whatever that means. Haha

iniestaGOAT

But laporta fixed it right? 70-80% compared to 130 or whatever it was during barto era.

no reason he cant fit halaand next saeson.

ajnotkeith

No, Tebas is NOT why we have such a low salary cap. This has been written about, spoken about and documented a thousand times.

We have such a low salary cap because Laporta moved a lot of losses to this year and brought forward amortisations, making our losses for this year massive, whereas RM were one of only top clubs to get through COVID pretty intact.

The salary cap is based on your losses and revenue. As such for the reasons above our salary cap will suck this year and next year.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No, Tebas is NOT why we have such a low salary cap. This has been written about, spoken about and documented a thousand times.

We have such a low salary cap because Laporta moved a lot of losses to this year and brought forward amortisations, making our losses for this year massive, whereas RM were one of only top clubs to get through COVID pretty intact.

The salary cap is based on your losses and revenue. As such for the reasons above our salary cap will suck this year and next year.

Why will it suck next year? The salary cap for next season will be based on losses and revenue projections for the next financial year.

The current board trying to write off as much as possible for this year leading to huge losses shouldn?t impact next year.

ajnotkeith

Why will it suck next year? The salary cap for next season will be based on losses and revenue projections for the next financial year.

The current board trying to write off as much as possible for this year leading to huge losses shouldn?t impact next year.

We will still have big losses. We are still over the salary cap limit & we may not even qualify for EL next year. Top4 looks very difficult.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We will still have big losses. We are still over the salary cap limit & we may not even qualify for EL next year. Top4 looks very difficult.

We don't know that for sure until Spring when the first forecasts should come in.

Home of Barca Fans