Erling Haaland

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You expect them to release the whole thing including all bonuses and sign-on fees? I doubt it. That shit only comes from WikiLeaks and clubs go bananas when it goes out. Like with Messi's contract that got leaked.

Only the transfer fees are publicly reported and documented, not those bonuses and fees, right?

Nope, but these sort of things often get leaked.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As a norwegian, i hope he performs well, but at the same time i'm kinda indifferent to this whole thing, cause of the club he will play for.

If he does well enough to help stop the likes of you guys and Bayern etc. from winning more trophies in Europe it is a big win for me. :p

Also, you might want him to do well so he can help your NT too.

gregorrin10

CL is about luck right now for Pep. He's been knocking at the door of a CL win for the past few years.

Pep could leave this Summer, a guy like Pochettino or even some bigger bum comes in and wins it first try. See Di Matteo.

No way he's leaving. In fact he's all but set to sign another 2 year extension, to 2025, there's been multiple reports about it in the past few weeks.

Morten

If he does well enough to help stop the likes of you guys and Bayern etc. from winning more trophies in Europe it is a big win for me. :p

Also, you might want him to do well so he can help your NT too.

He can do as well as he like in the league, City has complete dominance there anyway, but I hope they crash and burn in CL even with Haaland.

NT? Our NT is a dead end doesn't matter.

gregorrin10

It's true Bayern are the big dogs of Germany, but it's sad seeing Dortmund resigning itself to "Welp can't compete with Bayern, we will just becoming a selling club".

They'll make assloads of money, and probably win a cup trophy here and there but I'm guessing RB Leipzig will probably end up being that team that competes with Bayern, even if they are hated by most in germany.

Don't be naive, no one will be able to compete with Bayern for at least another decade. Leipzig, even though they don't gift their best players to Bayern annually like Dortmund do, they're still a selling club, yes they mostly sell abroad, but they still pretty much sell to Bayern on a discount. Sabitzer was one, and Laimer will be next this summer, and for under 20M no less.

Birdy

Really? From my anecdotal experience of watching him (certainly not every game but enough), that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Do you have any stats to support that most goals he scored were tap-ins? One one one's yes (and kudos to him), and I too question how effective he will be at City which will have much less one-on-one's than he has had at Dortmund. That said, I think he can play linking up and score, we will have to see.

Unfortunately, there is no stat to show that yet.
Someone of his twerkers here posted 1-2 months ago a vid compilation of all his goals for Dortmund since he arrived.
I did a break-down of all his goals in categories: tap-ins, 1v1 with the keeper, header in the box, etc
And the it was astonishing that over 90% of his goals were either tap-ins or 1v1 with the keeper overshadowing even headers in the box.
He scored only 4-5 goals (maybe less) from what I can recall from shots outside the box, and frankly only 1 he scored against Bayern I can recall to be the 'out of nothing' thing.

On the contrary, I did a comparison with Ansu, and showed that half of the goals the kid has scored for Barca until now Haaland cannot score:
in tight spaces with many defenders and legs of defenders in front of him, from difficult angles.
Situations in other words that Barca attackers face 90% of the time in the games

PS: I like Pep, and I want him to succeed.
I am afraid he just committed the worst mistake of his life, worse than the one he did with Zlatan back in the day, and that will be his demise
Feel sorry for him

gregorrin10

Even if let's say he wasn't as crazily expensive as some ar projecting, it's still way out of our range for the time being. Between City being financially elite, having probably best manager around, and the possibility of winning ballon d'Or if City wins CL since De Bruyne's star is fading...

Everything makes sense for Haaland, from the financial package, to being managed by a legend, to having solid chances at individual accolades since City isn't really a very star-oriented team.

He'd be the face of their attack. And if they get CL it will be promoted as Haaland giving them the edge that they've been lacking for so many years under Guardiola. The story is a good sell for a Ballon d'Or.

Yeah. All things aside, considering we were never in any real position to get him now, I'm glad he chose City and not anyone else. Not only will it be attractive to see Haaland play and develop further under Pep, and make City even more attractive to watch (since along with Barca, the only other league I watch every week is the PL (at least the big teams), but I'm also happy for this when looking to the future and what it might mean for us.

Not only Real don't get him now, but we're also the favourites to get him, if he decides to leave for La Liga before he's 30, or even right after his soon to be signed 5 year contract is done (and considering his open likeness for Spain and not exactly being known as a one club man, even more of a journey man, I think he will), City will be more inclined to sell to us than Madrid, considering our good rapport with them and all the past deals we've made, while with Madrid they hardly made any, and they also don't seem to like them that much to begin with. As opposed to Chelsea, who are basically the opposite, always selling to Madrid and rarely to us.

I could see Haaland becoming our next Suarez, us buying him at 27 and him giving us 5 or 6 great years here. Remember, City aren't PSG, they're not gonna hold players against their will. That's like Pep's number one rule. And if Haaland wins at least 2 CL titles and the same amount of Bd'ors in his time with City, I can see him wanting a new challenge in La Liga, especially since he'll just be approaching his best years at that time and also wanting a change of scenery as well, having already spent most of his 20s in a cold and rainy Manchester.

And I imagine Pep won't be there anymore at that point as well (I see him leaving City after two or even just one CL win, since he knows that's the one thing people are judging him on, and he'll want to bring that historic CL to City fans at least once, BUT once he does...let's just say he's never been 'a SAF or a Wenger', not in his playing career and neither when it comes to coaching), so that will make leaving even easier for Haaland, since Pep is a big endorsement point for City no doubt, and we see with PSG what happens when a club doesn't have a world class coach to convince players, where money is literally the only endorsement they have to offer. Of course that still works on some (money grabbing whores) great players, but those truly world class players, who want the biggest achievements in their careers, will always choose a club with history and a real sporting project before money. Or, at the very least, that club will need to have a world class manager that those players can feel real respect for and wanting to play for him and give it their all for him, if not for the club's badge, since this is still just a job for them at the end of the day. They need to feel that emotional or at least respecting bond to someone at the club, if they're not home grown. At least the truly world class players that is, not fake wannabees, pumped into superstars by the media, like Neymar or Pogba, who don't give a shit, even if they don't win the Bd'or their whole career, as long as they get handsomely paid for it.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Even knowing this was very much on the cards for a year I am still left with an emptiness about this transfer.

Like every other player going there really

Home of Barca Fans