Erling Haaland

Temptation

It only took a monster save from Emiliano Martinez for you to change your opinion. Mbappe would probably have been back to back WC winner, at 24. Haaland will never do that, probably won't even reach the WC quarters/semis.

Likeable/cool guy - Haaland
Better footballer and higher football talent - Mbappe

How are you comparing a French WC campaign to a Norwegian Campaign with a straight face?

Even peak Maradona can't do shit with Norway NT.

And I'm saying this as someone who rates Kylian much higher than Erling.

Bollox.

malvolio

Haaland plays for Norway, Mbappe plays for a stacked french team, can't really hold that against him, in a comparison between both.

CL is the only fair ground for both.

But Mbappe is better than haaland
Was mostly trying to make a point regarding the fact that back to back WCs is something you can't topple easily.

Horatio

You're welcome
He's class. Might have monkey on back during finals or just teammates have harder time feeding balls. Will score plenty in important enough games.

L3v1s

It only took a monster save from Emiliano Martinez for you to change your opinion. Mbappe would probably have been back to back WC winner, at 24. Haaland will never do that, probably won't even reach the WC quarters/semis.

Likeable/cool guy - Haaland
Better footballer and higher football talent - Mbappe
Change my opinion about what? Had France won it, it wouldn't have made Mbappe the GOAT, because some people were sounding quite delirious about it.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Was mostly trying to make a point regarding the fact that back to back WCs is something you can't topple easily.
Yes, but that only proves nowadays people put too much emphasis on team trophies when evaluating individual greatness.

It's a new phenomena and one I really don't like at all. Back in the day players were rated in simple terms. How good can he dribble, how good can he pass, how good can he shoot. What's his first touch, control, movement and football intelligence like?

Mbappe can win 5 world cups but to me he will never come close to R9, let alone Messi.

malvolio

Yes, but that only proves nowadays people put too much emphasis on team trophies when evaluating individual greatness.

It's a new phenomena and one I really don't like at all. Back in the day players were rated in simple terms. How good can he dribble, how good can he pass, how good can he shoot. What's his first touch, control, movement and football intelligence like?

Mbappe can win 5 world cups but to me he will never come close to R9, let alone Messi.
He was France's most important player in both WCs.

fergus90

Again with this bullshit? Mbappe was the clutch player in both 2018 and 2022. They wouldn't be in both finals with those Griezmann and Giroud donkeys.
It’s not bullshit is it. Griezmann was fantastic this World Cup. Mbappe was great in the final. Barely touched the ball in the QF or SF. It’s on YouTube if you want to refresh your memory.

No idea why you brought Giroud into it.

JamDav1982

Again with this bullshit? Mbappe was the clutch player in both 2018 and 2022. They wouldn't be in both finals with those Griezmann and Giroud donkeys.
Nah your spouting shite.

Griezmann was crucial for France in WC win and to get to final when was their best player when beat England etc... he was the one English media were purring about as Mbappe did nothing.

Again in semi final.. Frances best player and MOTM v Morrocco

Usual nonsense from Malovio... 'donkey'.

'Clutch' Mbappe relied on Griezmann to get to that final is the reality. The one time Mbappe was 'clutch' they lost.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Griezmann was vital in this recent world cup and was their highest rated outfield player in 3 world cup games. Mbappe was highest rated in 2 world cup games so you can't downplay Griezmann's contribution.

Griezmann was France best attacking player in the Quarter final and Semi final against Morocco and England. Mbappe was their best attacking player in the Final and Round of 16 against Argentina and Poland

Anyways Mbappe is better than Haaland so you're right on that

Home of Barca Fans