Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnN

I would love spain to won it, but they have no good subs in certain positions that could hurt them. Also, physically they might be overrun by the big ones (Germany, France, England) and technically they are on par with Portugal but with less quality overall.

Maradona37

I would love spain to won it, but they have no good subs in certain positions that could hurt them. Also, physically they might be overrun by the big ones (Germany, France, England) and technically they are on par with Portugal but with less quality overall.
I would agree with most of that - all I would say is that even though Portugal have better players (mostly on paper) than Spain, Spain still play more cohesive football and if they meet then I would expect Spain to dominate the ball and Portugal to try to hit counter-attacks.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Conceding in 98th minute was tough. Ref leaned towards Italy with fouls/cards and that stoppage time but Italians maybe deserved it too.

We have to be real and admit we should have been better against Spain and won against Albania.

Road over for us and for few senators in the team. It was a splendid one with those 2 World Cup medals.

Temptation

Conceding in 98th minute was tough. Ref leaned towards Italy with fouls/cards and that stoppage time but Italians maybe deserved it too.

We have to be real and admit we should have been better against Spain and won against Albania.

Road over for us and for few senators in the team. It was a splendid one with those 2 World Cup medals.
Croatia were too easy to play through. The midfield and the attack provided zero defensive cover or pressing cover to the back 4.

The system felt disjointed. It was like the back 4 were playing in a mid block while the midfield and offense was playing in a high pressure high line system. So much space between the midfield line and the defensive line! The diminutive technical number 10s, floating wingers and strikers had a field day in those number 10 pockets.

The defenders were constantly exposed to waves of attacks all game. Zlatko Dalic was a bit naive this time.

Maradona37

The Albania game was the problem really. That last minute equaliser put so much pressure on you for the Italian match. Italy beat Albania and you didn't, and that is what has cost you ultimately.

kilian

Croatia was extremely bad tactically the whole tournament. Spain was the one to forget, but Albania and Italy were games where they actually had the game in their hands, after the initial shitshow.
Yesterday`s tactical setup from the start for Croatia was a joke. They needed to score and win the game and Dalic played 5 midfielders and Kramaric, who is not a true centre-forward. In the defensive part, there were 4 centrebacks, as neither Gvardiol nor Stanisic are true wingbacks. He completely suffocated and dulled Croatia`s attack, which was already very limited.
The question that needs to be asked is why didn`t he try with classic wide forwards/wingers like Pjaca or Pasalic. Also, Budimir deserved to start the game, as he was basically the igniter against Albania and again proved to be the one yesterday, as it was his chance that led to the goal.

Brozovic is also another point to talk about. I can`t understand that a guy that is 31 years old and was one of the main players of a CL finalist goes directly to Arabia to farmers league. You can see that he is a moron, as he has a bomb tattoo on his neck, but this decision was one of the stupidest I have seen from a footballer in recent years.

All in all a tournament to forget for Croatia.

Temptation

Croatia was extremely bad tactically the whole tournament. Spain was the one to forget, but Albania and Italy were games where they actually had the game in their hands, after the initial shitshow.
Yesterday`s tactical setup from the start for Croatia was a joke. They needed to score and win the game and Dalic played 5 midfielders and Kramaric, who is not a true centre-forward. In the defensive part, there were 4 centrebacks, as neither Gvardiol nor Stanisic are true wingbacks. He completely suffocated and dulled Croatia`s attack, which was already very limited.
The question that needs to be asked is why didn`t he try with classic wide forwards/wingers like Pjaca or Pasalic. Also, Budimir deserved to start the game, as he was basically the igniter against Albania and again proved to be the one yesterday, as it was his chance that led to the goal.

Brozovic is also another point to talk about. I can`t understand that a guy that is 31 years old and was one of the main players of a CL finalist goes directly to Arabia to farmers league. You can see that he is a moron, as he has a bomb tattoo on his neck, but this decision was one of the stupidest I have seen from a footballer in recent years.

All in all a tournament to forget for Croatia.
Fair post except Pasalic isn't a winger/wide forward at all. He's an attacking midfielder or a number 8 primarily who can fill in as a false/floating "winger" if needed. He started yesterday.

kilian

Fair post except Pasalic isn't a winger/wide forward at all. He's an attacking midfielder or a number 8 primarily who can fill in as a false/floating "winger" if needed. He started yesterday.
I`m talking about Marco Pasalic, not Mario. Marco Pasalic was on the bench for Croatia the whole tournament, same as Pjaca. Both are wide forwards/wingers.

Home of Barca Fans