Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messi983

Old but gold. Still only 33

16775349036098.jpg

Maradona37

England finally takes the lead, and Southgate's first instinct, even against Slovakia, is to sub the attackers and go all defensive.
Yeah he got away with it big time. He only made two subs in normal time I believe, and would have been crucified had they not scored.

FC B

Never seen the media lick anyone's hole like they do 'CR7', they even artificially put him in a debate with Messi. Yet he and his fans think the system is against him :ROFLMAO:This is a guy who won a Ballon d'or after voting was closed because he and his fans cried. He's very fortunate to be rated as highly as he is in the media. Some delusion in here from his insane, victim complex fans for sure.

As for tonight - Belgium seriously need to improve, but then so do France, But France have mastered the art of playing badly and winning.

I would like Slovenia to cause an upset but don't think it will happen.

Mr. Marketing for a reason, bro.

Maradona37

Mr. Marketing for a reason, bro.
PR7

The media keep trying to force him into the Messi, Maradona, Pele level. They know he is big controversy and generates clicks, so why would they be against him? It's in their vested interests to suck up to him. A serious, professional media that didn't care about clicks would never elevate him to the aforementioned level.

I also love Temptation implying he's done things the hard way...by joining Man United at 18, then Real Madrid in his prime, then Juventus when he was on the way down. Such small clubs he's taking to the top.

Anyway, I am sick of talking about the rapist freak, but his fans on here keep mentioning him in unrelated threads.

Morten

PR7

The media keep trying to force him into the Messi, Maradona, Pele level. They know he is big controversy and generates clicks, so why would they be against him? It's in their vested interests to suck up to him. A serious, professional media that didn't care about clicks would never elevate him to the aforementioned level.

I also love Temptation implying he's done things the hard way...by joining Man United at 18, then Real Madrid in his prime, then Juventus when he was on the way down. Such small clubs he's taking to the top.

Anyway, I am sick of talking about the rapist freak, but his fans on here keep mentioning him in unrelated threads.

You are re-writing history a bit here, as if RM of 09 is anything like RM now.

Real Madrid was a side that couldn't even beat the likes of Lyon to save their lives, regularly got trounced by Barca, and only reason they had won some league titles in that decade was because Barca had a few subpar seasons themselves.

Joining RM at that time was unironically a harder path, he could have stayed with SAF, winning more league titles, or prove himself against the best team in the world at the time, Barcelona.

Maradona37

You are re-writing history a bit here, as if RM of 09 is anything like RM now.

Real Madrid was a side that couldn't even beat the likes of Lyon to save their lives, regularly got trounced by Barca, and only reason they had won some league titles in that decade was because Barca had a few subpar seasons themselves.

Joining RM at that time was unironically a harder path, he could have stayed with SAF, winning more league titles, or prove himself against the best team in the world at the time, Barcelona.
It doesn't matter. It was clear that Perez was serious about building a super team and trying to compete with Barcelona. The signings of guys like Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema prove that. It was clear that change was on the horizon.

And they failed. They won 2 ligas to Barca's 6 in the 9 seasons Ronaldo was there. They won four CLs but that's a knockout competition involving huge elements of luck. I watched them in the four seasons they won it and - other than possibly 2014 - I never thought they were close to the best team in Europe.

Also, if I am correct they lost to Lyon in their first season with Ronaldo too. Curiously Ronaldo and Real Madrid didn't do much until Kroos and Modric joined. Highlighting further my point that it's the TEAM that matters - not individuals.

Morten

It doesn't matter. It was clear that Perez was serious about building a super team and trying to compete with Barcelona. The signings of guys like Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema prove that. It was clear that change was on the horizon.

And they failed. They won 2 ligas to Barca's 9 in the 9 seasons Ronaldo was there. They won four CLs but that's a knockout competition involving huge elements of luck. I watched them in the four seasons they won it and - other than possibly 2014 - I never thought they were close to the best team in Europe.

But it does matter, you claim he only took the easiest paths, he didn't.

The easiest path would have been to stay at United, a team already fully devoloped, dominating the EPL.

Anyway, you not rating RM at all says a lot, imagine thinking they were never close to the best team in europe during those years, lmao!

Maradona37

But it does matter, you claim he only took the easiest paths, he didn't.

The easiest path would have been to stay at United, a team already fully devoloped, dominating the EPL.
Yeah joining Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world, when they're on a massive rebuild, is not an easy path. Get real mate, they were clearly gonna be successful with how much they were getting serious.

Either way, whichever is easier - staying at United or going to RM - you can't call either dripping in adversity as cranks like Temptation try to claim.

If he'd stayed at Man United he'd never have been able to artificially elevate himself in the Messi-Ronaldo debate. Joining Real allowed him to directly position himself as Messi's 'rival', which persists to this day. He'd never have got that level of coverage had he stayed at United. So while that is a decent point you make, it hugely overlooks the importance of Ronaldo vs Messi and RM vs Barca in building his legacy.

They weren't the best team in Europe in 2016-2018. They were an excellent team, but Barca were clearly the best, then Man City after that. They got outplayed by everyone under Zidane.

Morten

Yeah joining Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world, when they're on a massive rebuild, is not an easy path. Get real mate, they were clearly gonna be successful with how much they were getting serious.

Either way, whichever is easier - staying at United or going to RM - you can't call either dripping in adversity as cranks like Temptation try to claim.

If he'd stayed at Man United he'd never have been able to artificially elevate himself in the Messi-Ronaldo debate. Joining Real allowed him to directly position himself as Messi's 'rival', which persists to this day. He'd never have got that level of coverage had he stayed at United. So while that is a decent point you make, it hugely overlooks the importance of Ronaldo vs Messi and RM vs Barca in building his legacy.

It was the harder path, simple as that.

Home of Barca Fans