Euro 2024

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morten

Trent is good to be fair, but yeah, nowhere near Alves or even Carvajal.

You can't accuse many RM-players of being underrated, but if it is anyone, it is probably Carvajal.

He is just a very solid defensive and offensive right back, he can do both, and consistently so, year after year, even after losing some of his pace in his last couple of years.

Horatio

You're welcome
You can't accuse many RM-players of being underrated, but if it is anyone, it is probably Carvajal.

He is just a very solid defensive and offensive right back, he can do both, and consistently so, year after year, even after losing some of his pace in his last couple of years.

I’ll be honest, I always thought carvajal was considered to have his breakout moment 3 years ago since pen ultimate cl win of u guys. I thought before that people recognized him as one of the weaker players on the team.

Maradona37

True, it's because he's not flashy - he doesn't play in the PL or play 80 yard Hollywood balls like Trent.

I actually think one of Trent's weaknesses is he relies on that weapon - his long passing - TOO MUCH. The other side of that is he's not that great at keeping things simple and playing the short game. That and his lack of press resistance is why he's poor in midfield.

Look at the recent greats - Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets Kroos, Modric, Pirlo. Yeah they can all pass a ball long, but they know WHEN to use it and when not; they are economical and intelligent in when to play short and when to play long. Trent just fires long balls all game.

Maradona37

Morata is not suspended, it was apparently Fabian Ruiz who got booked and not Alvaro.

Also, Pedri is out. He and Carvajal will be missed.
Yeah I said that after he quoted me, I thought I was maybe wrong about that.

Thanks for clarifying mate. And yeah Pedri is injured.

jamrock

This probably won't work due to how left footed he is, but maybe they should try grimaldo at RB or switch Marc to RB and Grims at LB.

Morten

True, it's because he's not flashy - he doesn't play in the PL or play 80 yard Hollywood balls like Trent.

I actually think one of Trent's weaknesses is he relies on that weapon - his long passing - TOO MUCH. The other side of that is he's not that great at keeping things simple and playing the short game. That and his lack of press resistance is why he's poor in midfield.

Look at the recent greats - Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets Kroos, Modric, Pirlo. Yeah they can all pass a ball long, but they know WHEN to use it and when not; they are economical and intelligent in when to play short and when to play long. Trent just fires long balls all game.

I'm not exactly comparing Carvajal to players like Xavi, Iniesta or Modric, of course , but i do find him a very intelligent player too.

Good technically, but also tactically, he knows what to do with the ball to put it simple.

Trent surely has a better final ball, but then, i have never seen Carvajal spam crosses like Trent does at times, different mindsets and tactical set-ups.

Morten

I’ll be honest, I always thought carvajal was considered to have his breakout moment 3 years ago since pen ultimate cl win of u guys. I thought before that people recognized him as one of the weaker players on the team.

Carvajal shut down top wingers like Ribery since 13/14 for the record.

Maradona37

I'm not exactly comparing Carvajal to players like Xavi, Iniesta or Modric, of course , but i do find him a very intelligent player too.

Good technically, but also tactically, he knows what to do with the ball to put it simple.

Trent surely has a better final ball, but then, i have never seen Carvajal spam crosses like Trent does at times, different mindsets and tactical set-ups.
Yeah I understand, Carvajal is quite an intelligent player and knows when to play the right pass. He's also better positionally than Trent.

I suppose Liverpool fans would say he has fewer weapons in his armory than Trent, so has no choice but to keep it simple. But I think there's more to it than that - Trent doesn't really have the great decision-making to accompany his undoubted technique in striking a football.

Birdy

Caravahal was good until 2018 2019 or so
After that and TILL TODAY he become utter trash
Of course, you can't forget how to strike a ball if you knew before
So people saying he has a good cross today is really immaterial

He has become an absolute liability: drives up the flank forgets to get back
Plays aggressively/front foot on attackers even when it's not needed: creates an easy black hole for his team with balls behind his back that he forces with his aggressiveness

Let alone he is totally reckless and just bumps into people (been used to get away with it with corrupt LL refs, but finds out every time he doesn't wear white): look at the utter braindead 'neck punch' he did today on Musiala to get his red

It's a blessing in disguise for Spain that his not playing against Mbape or Dembele or Barcola in the SF

You can't be serious about that 'tactically'
Tactically he is totally braindead
Reasons are above

PS: Trent spams crosses indeed.
But trent has 30 or 40 yard ball Carvahal can only dream of

Home of Barca Fans