FC Barcelona Finances

FinBarcelonafan

Redcafe is pure gold. Like one of the posters there says he hopes Barca won't have to sell their club to a billonaire owner to survive because that would be a tragedy.

:lol: Like how the fuck can you be this ignorant and hypocritical? Your dear Manchester United is exactly that, a privately owned club in the hands of a rich American family of billionaires.

It's mind-blowing. Even City fans calls us scumbags after all their problems and sheik owners. Hah

Mostly it's envy now. We sign their players or don't give those teams what they want..

Messi983

I am not sure about that, 2Playbook apparently attributed to the increase in expenses to the increase in the wage bill. I understand we signed new players like Lewandowski, Raphinha and Kounde etc. who are likely to increase our wage bill, but by that much?

Where did you get the 800m of ordinary income part?

It's mentioned in this article.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-previsto-ingresar-1-300-14216500

Wage bill has increased because we've added new players and not actually moved on from any of our rejects yet. Mingueza and Alves are the only one who have officially left (alongside Trincao who wasn't on our wage bill last season anyway) and they were amongst the least paid players in the team. Lenglet is on loan and I think we're still paying part of his wages as well. So it's understandable planned wages at the start of the season are increased but doesn't mean it will stay like that if we manage to offload more players and/or get further pay cuts from likes of Pique and Busi (actual pay cuts not just more deferred wages).

Don't know what exactly stands in players's contracts or in other words when their deferred wages need to be paid out but I'm pretty sure they are included in that proposed 620m wage bill as well (also keep in mind this is the maximum we could spend not that we will actually use that much on wages).

Swiss Ramble explained we've had 60m in deferred wages for the 20/21 season, don't know if any of those were already paid out and what the sum was for last season was but wouldn't surprise me if we're talking about 100m in total owed to players in deferred wages for the past 2+ years. So that's why increase in wage bill not because salaries this season would actually increase that much compared to last season if/when we manage to offload Puig, Neto (both close to leave) or Braithwaite and Umtiti which will be a tougher job and we'll probably need to pay them at least some part of their wages to leave. And I assume that's what the club has also accounted for in their planned expenses.

Porque

It's mentioned in this article.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-previsto-ingresar-1-300-14216500

Wage bill has increased because we've added new players and not actually moved on from any of our rejects yet. Mingueza and Alves are the only one who have officially left (alongside Trincao who wasn't on our wage bill last season anyway) and they were amongst the least paid players in the team. Lenglet is on loan and I think we're still paying part of his wages as well. So it's understandable planned wages at the start of the season are increased but doesn't mean it will stay like that if we manage to offload more players and/or get further pay cuts from likes of Pique and Busi (actual pay cuts not just more deferred wages).

Don't know what exactly stands in players's contracts or in other words when their deferred wages need to be paid out but I'm pretty sure they are included in that proposed 620m wage bill as well (also keep in mind this is the maximum we could spend not that we will actually use that much on wages).

Swiss Ramble explained we've had 60m in deferred wages for the 20/21 season, don't know if any of those were already paid out and what the sum was for last season was but wouldn't surprise me if we're talking about 100m in total owed to players in deferred wages for the past 2+ years. So that's why increase in wage bill not because salaries this season would actually increase that much compared to last season if/when we manage to offload Puig, Neto (both close to leave) or Braithwaite and Umtiti which will be a tougher job and we'll probably need to pay them at least some part of their wages to leave. And I assume that's what the club has also accounted for in their planned expenses.

Good post.

I think this is why the idea of paying FdJ his deferred salary (or rather what has been deferred up until the point of sale) problematic. It is not a simple matter of "we received transfer money from FdJ so can now pay him back his deferred salary".

Reality is it doesn't work like that and if we pay back Frenkie then we have to pay back Pique... Busquets... Alba... Roberto... Lenglet.

Possibly the reason why the negotiation is long and also why Barcelona is looking for a solution where the buying club somehow pays this amount- so that it takes the liability to repay the others right now off their hands.

So also with all these figures, the deferred salaries are accounting skewing the margin despite the wage bill having reduced the heavy hitters from Messi to Travolta.

I can not wait until we can breathe a little, just a shame that when this point arrives that we will be down 50-100m euros per annum on turnover thanks to the levers.

JerseyAddict

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...5/1001846566/barca-le-vale-tres-palancas.html

In total, 707.5 million euros are what Barcelona has sold for these assets in order to alleviate its delicate economic situation.

What the Bar?a club has already known since yesterday, where the League Assembly was also held, is that even with all this it is not enough.*He needs to enter more money if he wants to be able to register his five signings in addition to*Sergi Roberto*and*Demb?l?*.

jamrock

Insanity that we've raised 700m and still can't register players, something is seriously wrong with la Liga's system.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Betis is forced to sell some of its rights (part of ticketing and members fee income for the next five years) in order to register players. La Liga's FFP is really fucked up.

El Gato

Villarato!
Probably because can't even trust the figures the board send out in official documentation considering Laporta presents misleading numbers on the regular

I don't get Manu fans, we are literally trying to deliver FDJ there, and he is the one stalling it.

I mean no, what you're trying to do is fob him off the wage he was signed onto by the club and he is telling you to get bent because ultimately he wants to be here on terms he negotiated for himself. And can't really fault him or United fans if they recognise that player has integrity.

That said it is funny how small United have become.
With a new rockstar manager coming in and transfers expected, many teams tell them to fob off and the best player they sign on is a guy with the pacemaker. Poor Christian

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man Utd are willing to pay Frenkie the deferred wages we owe him, but he still won't join them as they're not a CL club and he probably has serious concerns about them not making it again this season.

As for La Liga and their rules then 90% of La Liga clubs are having issues registering players without flogging off players they want to keep. Tebas' insisting on these strict rules will in the end lead to the quality of the league becoming worse when even mid-table or CL and EL aspiring teams need to sell assets abroad.

El Gato

Villarato!
Aye, he wants to be here on contract he negotiated for himself.
Them being desperate doesn't really improve Barca standing on this

serghei

And they are in a pretty grim city, with no club identity. Nobody knows what they play. They signed all sorts of managers from all sorts of football schools aimlessly.

Porque

Man Utd are willing to pay Frenkie the deferred wages we owe him, but he still won't join them as they're not a CL club and he probably has serious concerns about them not making it again this season.

As for La Liga and their rules then 90% of La Liga clubs are having issues registering players without flogging off players they want to keep. Tebas' insisting on these strict rules will in the end lead to the quality of the league becoming worse when even mid-table or CL and EL aspiring teams need to sell assets abroad.

He should ask for a no-CL release clause if he is worried about no CL football.

Home of Barca Fans