Flick summarizes the tour

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
image-9105eaa2-c388-437d-8eb4-a21540c67067-85-2560-1440.jpeg

Evaluation of the match (Milan) : "When we all press with intensity that is the way. Sometimes we have to be braver because it is necessary. After the break we improved, we changed. It was fantastic how we pressed, the whole team was intense. This is what we want. In "In the second half we had several chances and they had problems."

Critic : "I want us to enjoy defending and also attacking together. There are 10 days left until the league premiere, we are heading in the right direction but we can improve a lot."

Balance : "The balance of the tour has been very positive. We had many young players, their quality is enormous. Some players have improved these days. They are adapting to what we want to see."

Dani Olmo : "This is not the day to talk about him."

Lewandowski : "Very happy with his game, his two goals were deserved."

Credit : "I know how this works. I will give my team everything I have inside. Barça is an incredible club and I enjoy every second working here. The reception they have given us is incredible, but I also know that if things go another direction... that's our job. We are positive and working on our ideas. We want the team to play from the first to the last second of the game and we are on the right track."

Midfielder : "We have several injured midfielders with great quality. When they return we will be a better team and I think I have enough players there."

Andresito

Staff member
He'll have had a good amount of time to evaluate all squad options.

Now it's time to find the best XI for Valencia. It's a bit of a shame the Olympians won't join until after the Gamper game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, particularly as Cubarsi and Fermin have been among our most exciting players last season.

jamrock

Only issue I've seen, are the two youth players he's given the most minutes during the tour.

Quim and Dominiquez

Quim, is weak, slow, and his skill/technique isn't anything special, the ball goes to his side to get circulated, passed back or turn over.
Darvish
Toni
Guille
All much more talented than him.

Dom has good passing and size, that's about it, whenever asked to defend he leaves a LOT to be desired.

Bernal, casado and Pau, we all knew would play a big part in the pre season, they are club directives, so not giving him too much credit for those 3.

The tactics are a bit too vertical, we need to add a bit of pause to our game, if we play Madrid and A.M in a transition Vs transition game, it won't go well for us, especially against Madrid.

But overalls good vibes.

BusiTheKing

It worries me a bit Flick talking about needing more courage in the pressing. To me it looked like we were already a bit too brave, overextending ourselves and leaving big holes through the chains. Would like to see some more coordination instead before we up the intensity further.

Of the youngsters we saw, I'd say Darvich is probably the least impressive.

Quim needs a lot more maturity but I don't think he's untalented.

Loki

It worries me a bit Flick talking about needing more courage in the pressing. To me it looked like we were already a bit too brave
Welcome to Flick ball :D
Many Bayern fans lost their hair watching their high pressing line and resulting counter attacks against Neuer.

Porque

Only issue I've seen, are the two youth players he's given the most minutes during the tour.

Quim and Dominiquez

Quim, is weak, slow, and his skill/technique isn't anything special, the ball goes to his side to get circulated, passed back or turn over.
Darvish
Toni
Guille
All much more talented than him.

Dom has good passing and size, that's about it, whenever asked to defend he leaves a LOT to be desired.

Bernal, casado and Pau, we all knew would play a big part in the pre season, they are club directives, so not giving him too much credit for those 3.

The tactics are a bit too vertical, we need to add a bit of pause to our game, if we play Madrid and A.M in a transition Vs transition game, it won't go well for us, especially against Madrid.

But overalls good vibes.

Disagree on Quim, agree on Dominguez.

Quim should have had those Darvich minutes in the amc. Darvich still has a long road.

But both need alot of marinating in the B. Hopefully the manager is up to it because the hire is uninspiring. Should have gone for a Mini Flick for this little German experiment that will either be fantastic or fail spectacularly.

JamDav1982

Junyent was much better and more effective in those minutes than some here are making out.

Made out to be 'slow' while other slower players are made out to be fast.

At risk of bringing up same names.. he is a lot quicker than Pedri or Gavi.

Junyent did well and can see why Flick gave him those minutes for what he was attempting to set up team to do.

Young lad., 17 years old given minutes due to others being away and equiped himself well all things considered.

JamDav1982

But Lewy doesn't press nor score goals, lol.

Flick has next to no option but to play him.

There is zero chance the board is letting Lewa on 32m a season and a 50m fee sit on the bench.

Regardless as sad as it is he needs to play a lot anyway as best CF have.. just not worth anywhere near what paying for him.

Iniesta Ultra

Even if ragdoll has better stats than Victor would have, which I wouldn't even bet on if latter took the starting spot over former. Ragdoll will still hinder development of the team long term having to compensate play and babysit him.

Nucky

Hope I'm wrong but I don't expect nothing good this season.. Real added Mbappe to UCL winning squad, Atletico brough Gallagher and Alvarez while we signed Olmo who we can't even register.. Perhaps we will get Cancelo on another loan spell and thats about it with new signings..

Home of Barca Fans