Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

He looked lost.

Only one from midfield that wanted to press as others ambled about and all that really did in end was leave even more gaps.

How on earth Barca can go into that game with Pique first game in months at RCB, Busi at DM, Dest just back and looking nervous as fuck at RB and Dembele at RW whos is about a bad an attacker defensively as can get.

PSG took aim at those players all night and Mbappe on that side ran wild.

No one played well but the mix of those players was horrendous.

It was discussed last week need to double up at DM to protect a shit defence and most likely got with Mingueza at RB that doesnt attack. That with Messi at AM was much better alternative than that shite tonight.

Bobo32

Like in any big game for us. Unfortunately doesn't have 2 midfield partners to play with
He has Busquets.
Busquets has Puig, and I guess Pedri or De Jong can be the third one, with some corrections to their movements.
Better wingers are crucial as well.

jamrock

The great joan laporta will save you, he is your only hope at this point are you should leave, the team has presently constructed is a disgrace

Joan

Should never be judged when has a poor match according to some.

Not the best of conditions, but another poor performance in a big match.

olivis

It might be because I'm Dutch but I feel like De Jong deserves much better teammates.

He hasn't been performing that well, but still manages to constantly be one of our best players

malvolio

It might be because I'm Dutch but I feel like De Jong deserves much better teammates.

He hasn't been performing that well, but still manages to constantly be one of our best players

thing is there were some expectations from him. as with griezmann or dembele, we payed a premium for top talent that doesn't change anything in our team.

it's disappointment after disappointment in big games.

Porque

de Jong was playing a different game of football to his teammates. He was trying to be vertical, they were holding positions statically and slowly. I don't know if this was by design, or by habit of the veterans in CL knockout games.

We either press together and attack together, or we get exposed. We chose the latter. PSG were so much better but bar Mbappe and Verratti look at the names they had in their 11. Nothing special. And worse still, they were closing with 9 men as one player was Icardi and the other the goalkeeper.

JamDav1982

FDJ is class. It is on Barca more so than him.

Last night he pressed on his own while no one else went with him or picked up ball and carried at times ....as team stood static.

Really he should ask to leave for his own career at this stage.

Wasting his time in a team that wont press or move off ball if want to play at highest level.

Didnt play well even within that but he is the one player at right age that is world class and just about all the top teams would be after if he was available.

Richard.H

I could definitely see him getting out of this club if it's still the same shit in the CL next season. He deserves to be in a contender team and is reaching an age where he is not a youngster anymore (23 going on 24).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans