Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klysmakabouter

Reading the quote carefully, he does not say that under Koeman there was no 'idea', but that at some point the players stop trusting and relying on the 'idea'.

There is a significant difference there

Still, not very grateful to the coach that gave you your debut and gave you a lot of minutes in your first season. It?s easy to say now, where was he earlier? Doesn t show character.

iniestaGOAT

He simply cannot leave. Gavi, Pedri, Nico should not be starting regularly for another 3-4 years till they turn 21-23. They will basically get worn out by 29.

Gari

Xavi: "Frenkie is a player who must be very important to us. He must make a difference, get into the box and score goals. He is key."

serghei

Xavi: "Frenkie is a player who must be very important to us. He must make a difference, get into the box and score goals. He is key."

Oh, shit... not good.

He wants to turn De Jong into Dutch Lampard. The only tiny problem: he can't shoot.

fergus90

Frenkie did weigh in with a few goals last season and could have had a couple more with a bit more luck. I think Xavi can kick him on to the next level to be honest.

Probably the managerial appointment his game needed, especially at his age.

Bobo32

These words are of course said for a reason, and I believe that reason is to motivate Frenkie.
The way I read these words is that Frenkie has a limited time to prove himself really useful - he needs to be crucial and score goals etc and if he is not, then maybe he should go elsewhere. I think Xavi will try his best to help Frenkie play the way he needs to, but is otherwise fine with letting him go.

M3ls

We saw what happened to the team when Busquets left the field.

But the idiots keep saying that they want to see De Jong in the role of 6 in the system 4 - 3 - 3.

fergus90

I thought he was one of the better players today. Did go a bit quiet from 30-60th minute but overall good.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

Only FCB can pay that much for so little talent.

Good team player but not worth that much for the "very normal" stuff he offers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans