Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joan

Some people sound more pathetic re Frenkie than Rassvet talking about the last flavour of the month. I went on Reddit (on the Internet) and I found people seriously saying but but Mikky loves Barcelona.

vegitot

So to Van de vart, Frenkie doesn't shine here like with Netherland NT because there are other midfielders at his level in Barca, something that doesn't happen with Netherland and probably Manu.

Does he mean Frenkie is a big fish in small pond???

serghei

Good luck to him if he leaves. Came at Barca at a crap time, struggling in the ruins left behind by Bartomeu The Destroyer. Reminds me of Rivaldo a bit, an absolute legend that should have won several CLs at Barca, if not for a mediocre era at the club.

It's better for both parties. We need the money and he needs a team that has the money to compete at the top.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
So to Van de vart, Frenkie doesn't shine here like with Netherland NT because there are other midfielders at his level in Barca, something that doesn't happen with Netherland and probably Manu.

Does he mean Frenkie is a big fish in small pond???

Said at man u he will get more space in midfield which is likely true because of faster pace of bpl.

vegitot

It's career suicide if ETH doesn't work out thats for sure, was thinking maybe he'd have a clause in his contract 'if club don't get CL in x amount of years he can leave for a cut fee' I do think United are changing now though, appointing ETH over Poch is a clear sign of them getting smarter.

I feel sorry for Frenkie in some ways that no CL club came in for him, a talent of his level should be in the CL.

I think other clubs want him too but they won't spend much to get him now. Unlike Manu with Ten Hag who wants him the most now.

Can see Frenkie run all day to cover Bruno's mistake.

vegitot

Said at man u he will get more space in midfield which is likely true because of faster pace of bpl.

🚨🇳🇱 Van der Vaart: ?At #MUFC it will be just like at the National Team, being the only one with his type of qualities. I would move to Manchester United if I was him [De Jong], just do it!? @TheEuropeanLad 🔴 https://t.co/gpbHY8zDnt

jamrock

Good luck to him if he leaves. Came at Barca at a crap time, struggling in the ruins left behind by Bartomeu The Destroyer. Reminds me of Rivaldo a bit, an absolute legend that should have won several CLs at Barca, if not for a mediocre era at the club.

It's better for both parties. We need the money and get needs a team that has the money to compete at the top.

Truth

Givenchy

I think other clubs want him too but they won't spend much to get him now. Unlike Manu with Ten Hag who wants him the most now.

Can see Frenkie run all day to cover Bruno's mistake.

I think Bruno will be benched rather quickly under ETH, the guy is crap.

if rumors are to be believed, United aren't even paying that much for Frenkie (if Laporta doesn't get more he should be strung up). maybe due to most teams having better midfielders/set in midfield but PSG as Morten said is surprising.. they usually like trying to take a Barca player also.

Horatio

You're welcome
������ Van der Vaart: ?At #MUFC it will be just like at the National Team, being the only one with his type of qualities. I would move to Manchester United if I was him [De Jong], just do it!? @TheEuropeanLad �� https://t.co/gpbHY8zDnt

cool. But I heard him say it live. He is a "pundit" for the Nations League games and said it after Spain played Wales.

Laplacian

🚨🇳🇱 Van der Vaart: ?At #MUFC it will be just like at the National Team, being the only one with his type of qualities. I would move to Manchester United if I was him [De Jong], just do it!? @TheEuropeanLad 🔴 https://t.co/gpbHY8zDnt

It makes sense. At Barcelona you have Busquets and de jong, whom both of their qualities is excelling at connecting the defense to midfield to attack; no final balls. Because Busquets exists it would be redundant for de jong to utilize his best skill sets, which is why he's been delegated as a box to box midfielder and sometimes an attacking midfielder for the past 3 seasons.

At United theres no other player with his skill set, so he gets to take his primary role in the team.

It's also a major gamble for him, everything hinges on ten Hag revolutionizing United. Let's hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans