Gabriel Milito

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Aside from what desoe said, which i agree with, i would add that if we had Pique/Puyol and Chyg/Milito it would give us a double CB pairing who are in terms of their physical characteristics and their playing style complementary to each other. This would be ideal for injuries, suspensions and rotation. Of course we would have other options too, if all our CBs are injured we have (god forbid) Abidal to play as a CB and also Yaya (if he doesn't leave). No matter about that - a tall short, tall short - or passive combative, passive combative selection of 4 is great, and better than having 3 talls and being forced to play Chyg and Marquez together eeek!
I do wonder what will happen to Henrique though, for example. I mean he hasn't been bad for Racing though Racing are quite crap which isn't great news.

AMEN

But you think about Henrique who's not having a bad season when there's this Botia guy who's having a great season!!

IDEAL thing imo would be to keep Milito, have 4 defenders in Puyi, Pique, Milito & Dima for next season. And bring back Botia for the season after... Can't lose all the experienced defenders!!

beef-supreme

AMEN

But you think about Henrique who's not having a bad season when there's this Botia guy who's having a great season!!

IDEAL thing imo would be to keep Milito, have 4 defenders in Puyi, Pique, Milito & Dima for next season. And bring back Botia for the season after... Can't lose all the experienced defenders!!

Yes, Botia and Henrique are both viable options for recall - they are still young though and perhaps they could join us for the pre-season and be loaned out again? That would give Pep the chance to nurture someone like Muniesa, unless he wants Muniesa as a full LB in which case ignore the above.
But yeah, if Chygrynskiy can prove himself and Puyol's leg doesn't fall off from over-commitment, our CB positions are set for another year. Just no Marquez please...

desoe

I don't rate Henrique as a Barca player at all. I think soon enough it's going to be official, too. Seriously, what could make me think that this guy has any future here?

How I said in that poll, I think it's between Marquez and Milito who's going to stay and go. The other three - P&P and Chyg will remain here. What we still don't know is who's going to be the 4th one.

O

oscardo77

my advice is sell marquez and go for vidic next season :) He's a fuckin animal, prob the best cb there is when he is in his best form

desoe

We don't need world class CB's right now.
Puyol is not so old yet, he still has the legs to reach his usual standards. P&P could work for another season or two, what we need is to get a clear view about who will be the backups.
Vidic will be a luxury and very expensive signing, the $$$ for who we could use for positions, where we really need a world class player.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Vidic got eaten up alive by Torres, Eto'o & Ibra in his own words... all very technical and all the successful Liga strikers(Ibra not yet there considering his price tag but still he's very technical) So I'm really looking forward to a dual of Vidic involving a Higuain or Fabiano or Villa

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
my advice is sell marquez and go for vidic next season :) He's a fuckin animal, prob the best cb there is when he is in his best form

Still have Henrique and a line of CBs from La Masia, starting with Fontas & Muniesa...Not sure where these other purchases are supposed to be able to play

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
keep him sell marquez is all i can think... i wish we had not bought chygriski bc botia seems to be better...

jamrock

the people who are saying keep him, will be coursing out the club if he gets injured for a long period again

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Gabi and Milito are too similar, alway were. Milito's best run was during Rafa's brief good run in Gabi's first year. For some reason Milito and Puyol always leads to one or the other being nullified.

V

Valon

Gabi and Milito are too similar, alway were. Milito's best run was during Rafa's brief good run in Gabi's first year. For some reason Milito and Puyol always leads to one or the other being nullified.

This.

Home of Barca Fans