Gabriel Veiga

Porque

Lad doesn't have a thread.

20 year old offensive midfielder from Celta Vigo. Half of Europe are interested in him. Last week Sport reported that Florentino closed an agreement when Celta Vigo played Madrid. Today AS report Barcelona are in the race (though Celta president said a week or so back that he is surprised Barcelona haven't enquired, being the only big club not to enquire).

40m buyout clause, yadda, yadda yadda. More than likely on his way to Madrid as quarter of the price of Bellingham.

As AS has learned from sources close to the player, there are already open talks with Liverpool, City and United, as well as with Bayern. But there is one more variable that affects Madrid above all, and it is the interest of Barcelona . These same sources confirm to AS that Laporta does not lose face to a player that he considers to be very much of the Blaugrana style of play . However, to face the operation , two economic conditions must be met : first, that Messi does not return to the entity and, second, that theBarça continue adjusting their accounts to avoid the Financial Fair Play. The war between the main clubs in Spain for Gabri Veiga is open and will be fierce.
The player, of course, is in an unbeatable position. Celta has already said that they are not even negotiating for him, referring to his 40 million clause . Therefore, he and his agent, Pini Zahavi, are the only valid interlocutors. The super agent has a very good relationship with Barcelona after he took Lewandowski there .
----

I think AS are inventing humour before Madrid sign him and "beat" us to his signing. BUT, if we are to persist with a midfield quartet, then Veiga is a very good solution for that offensive interior role where Gavi plays with limited offensive output.

vuji_31

To bad we are so brooke, we could not pay 40mil for Mbappe or Haaland even if they want here to play for free.

BBZ8800

Hard to tell whether he'll fail or make it.

But I am happy to see a different type of a Spanish midfielder.
Plays differently than Spanish midfielders in the last 15 years who all tried to copy Xavi-Iniesta TikiTaka style.

While watching this video from a post above, my first reaction was: this player resembles more of Argentinian/Uruguayan midfielder from the 90s or early 00s than to classic Spanish DNA midfielders.

Also, he is 184cm tall.

Weird, weird, weird.

Porque

Hard to tell whether he'll fail or make it.

But I am happy to see a different type of a Spanish midfielder.
Plays differently than Spanish midfielders in the last 15 years who all tried to copy Xavi-Iniesta TikiTaka style.

While watching this video from a post above, my first reaction was: this player resembles more of Argentinian/Uruguayan midfielder from the 90s or early 00s than to classic Spanish DNA midfielders.

Also, he is 184cm tall.

Weird, weird, weird.

My only concern with him is that he reminds me of Fabien Ruiz when he broke through at Betis. And we all can see the level he ended up at.

But as you say, incredible physical profile for a Spanish player. In build a bit like Marcos Llorente.

I think he would be a great offensive interior midfielder in our 4 man setup given his speed and eye for goal. Gavi has to be groomed more centrally as he doesn't have the speed to cover what he intends to cover.

vuji_31

Bring this kid.

Messi and Gundo seems not likely, bringing him here makes sense.

40mil is nothing.

Home of Barca Fans