Gareth Bale

Pete

R.Madrid seem to be a law of their own. They tap up players, speak about them, their price and then when it gets to negotiating time thet make stupid comments like we are not going to speak about another player and still mention his value is too high!

Jenks

I don't understand why people think turning down 100m would be stupid of Spurs. Keeping Bale in the team could be the difference between 4th and 5th, and if they did get Champions League football, having Bale would be a draw for other top players to come and sign for them.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't understand why people think turning down 100m would be stupid of Spurs. Keeping Bale in the team could be the difference between 4th and 5th, and if they did get Champions League football, having Bale would be a draw for other top players to come and sign for them.
They've already bought a better player, arguebly, i.e., Chadli as his replacement and they are risking the possibility of Real backing off by demanding more... Who knows if Real would turn back to offer such a huge amount of money next year!?

They should take the money... Invest wisely in a CF(They already bought Soldado but they should replace Adebayor too), like they did in the case of Paulinho, in a LB to replace that stupid Assou-Ekotto guy(better yet, try and include Coentrao in the deal) and buy a solid CB & they are good to go. That would make them a damn better team than they were last season!!

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

They should sell Bale and buy Baines + some other starters for the money

Bertus

From what i understood by listening the RMC dude that covers the PL:

- Madrid has a problem with Ronaldo.
- Because CR7 is not happy about Madrid spending record money for Bale.
- Given that Perez would like to pay a bit less than what he paid for CR7 when he transferred to Madrid.
- Perez would like to pay around 85M
- Levy is not OK.
- Bale is not OK with Levy.
- Perez is waiting because he's sure that Bale will force his transfer and that Levy will have to accept 85M or 80M + coentrao right at the end of the transfer window.
- Levy is not happy about Perez doing apparently.

And before that, there was rumors about a meeting but it never happened.

And before it got colder, there was Rumor about a 100 or 120M deal over many years.

20M per year over 5 or 6 years.

Last edited:

Alik

Well, in the ideal scenario it really should be cash + player. Tottenham has strengthened it's squad this season, so they shouldn't be relying solely on Bale.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
- Perez is waiting because he's sure that Bale will force his transfer and that Levy will have to accept 85M or 80M + coentrao right at the end of the transfer window.
PLEASE take it Levy you idiot... Coentrao himself is 20M worth anyway! And he is from the same country as your manager too!!

Beast

The Observer
R.Madrid seem to be a law of their own. They tap up players, speak about them, their price and then when it gets to negotiating time thet make stupid comments like we are not going to speak about another player and still mention his value is too high!

All big clubs are.... United didn't get Berbatov from the front door , nor they did with Rooney... Barca with Cesc/Henry .. Bayern Munich with Goetze /Lewandoski , Chelsea with Cole , Arsenal with Barca youth and any African / French youngster even their bid for Suarez considered tapping because they sure spoke to Suarez behind Liverpool back that's how they learned of the 40 Mil + 1
..It just hurts when you are on the receiving end or a rival but that's a very common practice , big fish eats small fish...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
All big clubs are.... United didn't get Berbatov from the front door , nor they did with Rooney... Barca with Cesc/Henry .. Bayern Munich with Goetze /Lewandoski , Chelsea with Cole , Arsenal with Barca youth and any African / French youngster even their bid for Suarez considered tapping because they sure spoke to Suarez behind Liverpool back that's how they learned of the 40 Mil + 1
..It just hurts when you are on the receiving end or a rival but that's a very common practice , big fish eats small fish...
concur

Bertus

More news:

- Bale will not play against the Espanyol according to his agent Jonathan Barnett.
- As i said yesterday, Madrid wants to pay 120 millions over 6 years, while Tottenham wants 120M now.
- Perez says he can't pay 120M net now, because of the economy crisis in Spain, he struggles to find Banks to lend him the money.

Home of Barca Fans