Gerard Deulofeu

Stric

Or worse... he'll be promoted AND Neymar will come, essentially completely stopping Deulofeu's progress for at least one season, and most likely several seasons.

Jadentheman

tumblr_mbzq6wrPFC1r99yhho1_250.gif

WTF?

I think he's mocking Neymar

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I've posted this in the Messi thread as well, but it's an important thing to heed. As long as Messi is out, we need to prioritize the goalscorers over everyone else in attack. That means that even Deulofeu should be considered over Alexis or Pedro. We don't have Messi to conceal their scoring weaknesses anymore and our entire front line needs to have goalscorers.

F

Flavia

I've posted this in the Messi thread as well, but it's an important thing to heed. As long as Messi is out, we need to prioritize the goalscorers over everyone else in attack. That means that even Deulofeu should be considered over Alexis or Pedro. We don't have Messi to conceal their scoring weaknesses anymore and our entire front line needs to have goalscorers.
He won't be... Tito has showed so far he won't bench Pedro, and Alexis is before Tello. That leaves Deulo after Tello, and pretty slim chances to see him play.

Antimadridista1

Scoring against teams like Cordoba or Huelva isn't like PSG man. Even Messi failed against Thiago Silva. Don't expect much from Deulofeu when the best goalscorer of spanish national team doesn't shows that he's on the pitch. But, Deulofeu will be on the bench and will probably play a few minutes because of our injured players in attack.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He won't be... Tito has showed so far he won't bench Pedro, and Alexis is before Tello. That leaves Deulo after Tello, and pretty slim chances to see him play.

I know he won't, I'm just stating what would be the wise choice. I mean it's pretty clear that an Alexis-Villa-Pedro front line would have no chance of making up for our defense. If we keep conceding like this while messi is out, our only real chance would be to play the deadlier goalscorers on the team.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Scoring against teams like Cordoba or Huelva isn't like PSG man. Even Messi failed against Thiago Silva. Don't expect much from Deulofeu when the best goalscorer of spanish national team doesn't shows that he's on the pitch. But, Deulofeu will be on the bench and will probably play a few minutes because of our injured players in attack.

I don't expect Deulofeu to be great, but this is an emergency and he's showed that he can score, unlike say Alexis or Pedro.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Those clammoring for Deulofeu have short attention spans nevermind poor recall...He's never played very well with the first team, yet...So calls for his inclusion into a starting XI or substitution ahead of players who have played well with the first team is illogical...This isn't FM

Galning

Those clammoring for Deulofeu have short attention spans nevermind poor recall...He's never played very well with the first team, yet...So calls for his inclusion into a starting XI or substitution ahead of players who have played well with the first team is illogical...This isn't FM

+1

Plus I honestly don't think Deulofeu will play with the first team before he has signed an extension.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

He hasn't been bad with the first team. He had 2 goals in 2 appearances in pre-season and was very lively in the game vs Cordoba (several displays of skill, that long ranged shot that was very close to going in, and that mazy dribble past 5 players that just barely failed to produce an assist as he couldn't find Villa). Looking back on it though, I'll admit it was stupid to think he should immediately slot in to the first team because he's barely featured for them so far anyway.

Paganinisrvnge

If Pedro is injured, Messi is injured, and we have a Champions League match next week then it would be a crime to see Deulofeu not get some minutes at the weekend seeing as the gap in the league is pretty large and players will be rested for the PSG match.

Would like to see:

--Deulofeu---Villa-----Tello--

Alexis will probably start, though.

Indignado

I'm pretty sure Gerard will get some minutes against Mallorca.

Messi didn't fail against Silva, he almost scored a 2nd goal and Silva couldn't stop him. Of course PSG is different than Segunda, but as soon as he's in front of goal, the only things in his way are the GK and his head. I'd bet everything I have that Deulofeu would score more sitters than Alexis, even against the best GK's in the world. That said, it's obvious he shouldn't and won't be used in the Champions League if our strikers are fit.

Last edited:

Gilberto

I'm pretty sure Gerard will get some minutes against Mallorca.

Messi didn't fail against Silva, he almost scored a 2nd goal and Silva couldn't stop him. Of course PSG is different than Segunda, but as soon as he's in front of goal, the only things in his way are the GK and his head. I'd bet everything I have that Deulofeu would score more sitters than Alexis, even against the best GK's in the world. That said, it's obvious he shouldn't and won't be used in the Champions League if our strikers are fit.

+1.
I don't like Alexis anymore. He just doesn't live up to the expectations. I would much rather see Gerard play than Alexis

Home of Barca Fans