Gerard Deulofeu

khaled_a_d

Your opinion of this loan is based off of the experience of other Barca players finding success without loans and previous loans failing. Those experiences don't necessarily prove that Deulofeu has to stay to develop or that the loan itself will fail. Think about the current situation and not past ones and you'd realize how great the loaning idea is for him. Deulofeu is a talented youngster with an extremely high ceiling but he isn't at the levels of Alexis, Pedro, etc. yet. He was great in Segunda but there is little chance of him coming into the first team and actually having a decent fighting chance for a spot. Odds are he wouldn't even get a game until November in the CDR. Even if he has much more potential and natural talent than some other players, he doesn't have seniority or coaches trust yet and no matter how good he is he probably wouldn't be able to force his way into the starting 11.

The point of having a team in the Segunda is for the purpose of preparing him, but he's outgrown it and Eusebio doesn't have much more to offer anyway. He needs to play continuous first division football to break his bad habits and really develop as a player. Going to Sevilla would be unbelievably helpful for that. He'll get consistent playing time under a coach like Unai Emery whereas at Barca he'd get maybe 4-5 appearances and most of the time end up watching the game from the stands with Bartra or JDS.

Previous experiment can help in predicting the future and making the best decision ,and honestly I disagree with the opinion that he won't get minutes,as I said I actually think he will get plenty of them in the first team next year ,Alexis and Pedro aren't reliable enough to cement their place in their starting 11,Tello isn't as good or talkented as Gerard,once Gerard is comfortable with the team he would easily surpass him in the rotation
Also we have only 5 players for 3 positions ,not enough IMO , and if Thiago leaves then we won't be able to put Iniesta and Cesc in front line as usual again ,kid must stay if Thiago left

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Previous experiment can help in predicting the future and making the best decision ,and honestly I disagree with the opinion that he won't get minutes,as I said I actually think he will get plenty of them in the first team next year ,Alexis and Pedro aren't reliable enough to cement their place in their starting 11,Tello isn't as good or talkented as Gerard,once Gerard is comfortable with the team he would easily surpass him in the rotation
Also we have only 5 players for 3 positions ,not enough IMO , and if Thiago leaves then we won't be able to put Iniesta and Cesc in front line as usual again ,kid must stay if Thiago left

Gerard is the more exciting player but I wouldn't put him at the levels of Pedro/Alexis just yet, it's premature. Either way they are hugely trusted by the coach even when they play horribly, getting playing time handed to them. And considering Neymar will be first option getting at least 50 games during the season, I doubt even Tello would receive sufficient playing time. While Gerard is impressive and a great talent, the others have squad seniority and that is something Tito really values. So even if he does manage to outshine them, he wouldn't necessarily be given a chance over them (Montoya and Alves comes to mind). He might at most be able to get bits and scraps of playing time here and there, but at Sevilla he'd get an insane amount of games with them needing a dynamic right winger to replace Navas.

jklz

Playing against Ghana, he doesn't help with the pressing at all; when the ball is closest to him and the 2nd closest player helps close him down but he just walks around doing nothing.. 'Ssparing his energy for attacking' I suppose.

Edit: Taken off by Lotepegui now, rightly so.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's been really unselfish though I have to say. Playing one-two's or long balls that I rarely saw him attempt with the B team. With the u20 he's shown his brilliance while being a part of the team as well.

ShandyFFM

Playing against Ghana, he doesn't help with the pressing at all; when the ball is closest to him and the 2nd closest player helps close him down but he just walks around doing nothing.. 'Ssparing his energy for attacking' I suppose.

Edit: Taken off by Lotepegui now, rightly so.
Yes he looked really really lazy which i found very cocky to watch. The hole passing from Spain went on without him doing anything but standing around

jklz

He's been really unselfish though I have to say. Playing one-two's or long balls that I rarely saw him attempt with the B team. With the u20 he's shown his brilliance while being a part of the team as well.

For sure, he's improving a lot in attack; but in defence he just lets his teammates sort it out. Very selfish there.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Agree there. He's always been lazy as hell defensively though, it's nothing new. Before it was always walking around until he himself was in possession, at least now he makes runs.

Hellsangel

Watched like 20 minutes of the second half until he got substituted. Spain looked very poor in possession. Gerard was making some amazing runs behind the Ghaneian defense but Suso and Suarez could not pick him out because of a lack of vision and proper skill. They did not leave a good impression to me. It seems Deulo was frustrated by the lack of decent service. He looks like he's miles ahead of any other player on this Spain team.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
From Tony Barrett at the The Times who has a lot of reliable contacts within LFC:-

Rodgers is now considering a move for Deulofeu, who scored 18 goals in 33 appearances for Barcelona B in the Spanish second division last season.
The 19-year-old is regarded as one of the brightest prospects in Spain, but is aware that his immediate prospects of playing first-team football are slim at the Nou Camp.

Deulofeu is understood to be keen to join a club who prioritise passing football in the event that he has to leave Barcelona, and fits the profile of player that Rodgers is keen to attract to Anfield.

Liverpool would be likely to face strong competition for Deulofeu if they decide to make a move for the teenager, but the presence of Alberto, with whom he enjoyed a productive partnership for Barcelona B, could be a trump card.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm sorry but he wouldn't get playing time at Liverpool. They've just signed 2 forwards, are going for Mkhitaryan, and have guys like Sturridge, Sterling, Suso, maybe Suarez, etc. who are above him in the pecking order. He should go to Sevilla or Celta.

Home of Barca Fans