Gerard Deulofeu

Alarcón

Sending him to a team he thinks is a worse place to loan him to would be actively working against Deulofeu, and I'm sure we'd all at least like to imagine Lucho has the kid's best future at heart.

As far as I remember, it was Deulofeu and his agent who chose Sevilla. Think Lucho couldn't care less at the time and just wanted him out for some reason.

EdmondDantes

What next for him? We need to find him a good loan, as this one so far has been a disappointment. He looked so good in the second half of the season in England. Maybe we could send him back to the PL, seeing how well Bojan was doing prior to his injury gives me hope.

F

Flavia

What next for him? We need to find him a good loan, as this one so far has been a disappointment. He looked so good in the second half of the season in England. Maybe we could send him back to the PL, seeing how well Bojan was doing prior to his injury gives me hope.

He said he doesn't want to be loaned anymore. If he doesn't come back, he'll probably ask to be sold.

khaled_a_d

I think he should get back ,he is better than any Barca B attacker so unless we bring Tello back then Gerard is our 5th best option in our 3 man attack at least for a half season
He wanted to be with our 1st team from the start .give him a make or break chance and let be done with his situation .
Either that or sell him ,he already said he doesn't want to be loaned

DinhoR10

I think he deserves a shot at playing for us consistently under a youth-centric coach like Lucho. If he can have the members of this board seeing hope in sergi roberto then he should atleast give Deulofeu, who is vastly more talented, the shot he worked his ass for in the b team.

Zangash

Banned
I would give him a chance with the first team but, to be honest, it'd probably be best for him if we sold him and went through a massive headache transfer saga to get him back if he manages to explode.

The coaches would be more likely to give him a fair chance, which he has yet to really receive since being loaned to Everton, his development would be accelerated because of that, he'd be more likely to work his ass off for the team because he no longer has Barca on his mind, and he'l have the full support of his fans and coaches as a player of that team, which would give him more confidence to play at a higher level.

It's perfectly understandable why he's going to ask to be sold if we try to loan him out again, really.

BBZ8800

I think he deserves a shot at playing for us consistently under a youth-centric coach like Lucho. If he can have the members of this board seeing hope in sergi roberto then he should atleast give Deulofeu, who is vastly more talented, the shot he worked his ass for in the b team.

While this is nice and romantic, but where would he play?
In all important matches, MSN needs to play.
-- you can't bench the dictator
-- you can't bench the diva
-- you can't bench Suarez

So, he can play only in smaller matches.
-- but again, dictator and diva will be angry if you bench them even in smaller matches

-- so, he could play sometimes instead of Suarez
-- or when dictator and diva will be injured/suspended

Then we have another question:
-- he can't be our only choice besides MSN trio
-- for example, we can't sell Pedro and keep only Delofeu

-- it is very risky, because he doesn't have the experience
-- and imagine Messi gets injured and we have to play Deulofeu on all matches for 2-3-4 Months
-- plus, in those 2-3 Months, we wouldn't have any subs, except playing again someone like Munir

-- so, today we have Msn+Pedro as an experienced guy
-- plus, if needed, Munir and Sandro can help

-- if we sell Pedro, we are screwed. Our only sub is Deulofeu, who hasn't convinced yet anywhere in a senior football

-- so, if you keep Pedro and Deulo, then Deulo can never play=because MSN can't be benched, lol
-- and when they don't play, Pedro needs some minutes
-- if we sell Pedro, and keep only Deulo, lololo, we are so screwed.

So, what to do now?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans