Gerard Deulofeu

Adversus

Me too.

I think Deulo will be sold. Enrique prefers Munir and Sandro, anyway. I just wonder where he'll go. Everton still want him?

btw - I just read this interview with Martinez.

On Gerard Deulofeu: I will always remember an image, I don’t know what game but one of the later ones, with Gerard on the ball running towards Gwladys…and the whole stand just stood up and thought something is going to happen here. I think that’s the type of player that he is, when he gets on the ball you think he can do something special. He fitted really well at our football club. I think his position with Barcelona, I don’t know what it is now but as you know they’ve got a ban and can’t sign any players. I don’t know if that’s something they will entertain.

I’m sure that in the summer we’ll find out a bit more. Gerard was a special character and a special fit and the talent that he has is what you want to pay your money on your ticket because he brings that magic and goalscoring threat. He’s an interesting player for us at all times but it may not be realistic for us at the moment.

Bran the Greenseer

He does have that X factor. Sandro doesn't have it, Munir kind've has it cause he'll score long range golazos every once in a while but Deu definitly has it, Halilovic and Adama too which is why they have all that hype around them.

Adversus

He does have that X factor. Sandro doesn't have it, Munir kind've has it cause he'll score long range golazos every once in a while but Deu definitly has it, Halilovic and Adama too which is why they have all that hype around them.
He definitely has the X-Factor but what he doesn't have is the experience and discipline and that will only come with age. However it might also never come and he will always be a luxury player plus even his attacking play isn't up to the stardards of Barca yet.

That's the problem with these kind of players for Barca. They're too good to sit on the bench, they need time to learn and they're also too inconsistent to rely on when every game matters.

Every top team in Europe has a problem bringing young players through and it's exponentially more difficult for the ones who are more naturally gifted and a bit of a luxury.

However he would be great for us.

Bran the Greenseer

He definitely has the X-Factor but what he doesn't have is the experience and discipline and that will only come with age. However it might also never come and he will always be a luxury player plus even his attacking play isn't up to the stardards of Barca yet.

That's the problem with these kind of players for Barca. They're too good to sit on the bench, they need time to learn and they're also too inconsistent to rely on when every game matters.

Every top team in Europe has a problem bringing young players through and it's exponentially more difficult for the ones who are more naturally gifted and a bit of a luxury.

However he would be great for us.

Sad but true, he'll probably end up being one of the best players in the world cause regardless of his attitude he has talent. Honestly reminds me of ronaldo, shitty attitude, doesn't defend(Although he has been getting better if you ask me) but he's good and theres no denying that. I honestly think Barca would be stupid to let him though cause if he gets a full season of playing time he'll be amazing. I think we should sell him to you guys or another club that'll actually play him with a first option buy back at like 20 million or something like that if he really does blossom. Its actually kind of disrespectful to the game of football that such a talent has to rot on the bench.

JamDav1982

Sad but true, he'll probably end up being one of the best players in the world cause regardless of his attitude he has talent. Honestly reminds me of ronaldo, shitty attitude, doesn't defend(Although he has been getting better if you ask me) but he's good and theres no denying that. I honestly think Barca would be stupid to let him though cause if he gets a full season of playing time he'll be amazing. I think we should sell him to you guys or another club that'll actually play him with a first option buy back at like 20 million or something like that if he really does blossom. Its actually kind of disrespectful to the game of football that such a talent has to rot on the bench.

The only reason he is on bench at Sevilla and not in Barca first team squad is down to himself.

All the ability in the world means nothing if he cant apply it properly and the longer he tries to think that everyone else is wrong then he wont make it past mid table La Liga level.

He will never be one of best in world, even on pure ability he doens have that level.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Agree with JamDav. Ability doesn't mean much if you can't apply yourself. First people blamed Everton and Roberto Martinez. Now it's Sevilla and Emery's fault. Sorry, but no. I've watched plenty of his games this season and while his stats might be decent, he hasn't played well at all. Wrong decisions, selfish play(at times his team mates has looked incredibly frustrated with him), lazy(although he's improved defensively compared to before) and then some of his comments where it seem like he thinks he deserves to play for Barca or deserves better than getting loaned and work hard to prove himself.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Meh, Quaresma had more talent than CR. Look at how he ended up (in comparison to CR).

Exactly, so how would deulofeu who has less talent than both those players and with quaresma like attitude make it here? I could see from the start his attitude stank and knew he wouldn't make it. He is an absolute no hope for Barca and when talking about our future forward line up he shouldn't be in the discussion because he won't be here at that point.

jamrock

he must be looking at Paco and Jese, both of whom he was miles ahead of coming up and wondering where it all went wrong for him.

When he got loaned out thats when, It never works for barcelona, when we loan out our kids, although he did fairly well at everton.

now he needs to work his ass off to get back to where he was

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I don't buy that. At the end of the day it's up to him to work hard and be humble (Barca DNA), that's what got Pedro to where he is. Whining about the decision to loan or his managers at those clubs is weak. It is not their responsibility to sit there and put up with his crap in the hope he will develop especially when he isn't their player.

Adversus

I'm not too sure he has quite that ability. Put it this way. He's not that much younger than Neymar and Rooney, Ronaldo and Messi where far ahead of him at his age however players do develop at different ages. He does need played in a team that would want to make him the main man. Look at the difference that made to Bojan before his unfortunate injury. A player on loan who's still developing is never going to get that.

I also don't think a buy back really matters. If Barca want him back they will get him back and lets face it it's not like Barca are short of cash plus any buy back would lower his selling price and perhaps unmotivate the buying club to put the needed risk when developing him - it would be like a type of loan.

Home of Barca Fans