Gerard Deulofeu

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pep & Tito? Come on Bojan, Gerard just arrived to the B team. And as it is Pep already gave Deulofeu more 1st team minutes than Lucho and that was 5 years ago

Tata? Bow your head in shame for uttering\typing the name of he who should never be named

The one thing Pep & Tito both publicly encouraged him to do was work on both ends of his game, a point all of us agree is something we've read about for years...Moreover, there was no denying his talent and they both pointed that out... And what better way to round out your game with 1st team stars who would bring him along - you know like how young stars are supposed to be developed...not sold

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Pep, Tito, Tata, Emery and Lucho.

Oh and btw. it's u-21 match

Pep left when he was 18 .so Gerard was 17 at Pep last season and not even Messi/Iniesta/Xavi and all La Masia greats was officially promoted at that age (talking about full promotion,not 1st team debut ,which he had under Pep anyway).only example that I've seen promoted at the age of 17 in our club was Bojan which was a mistake
Tito(RIP)?he didn't give a single youth player a real chance .not even those he had already like Bartra and Thiago .once Gerard was too good for Segunda he asked for him to be loaned . he never bothered with youth .specially after his illness
Tata ? looool ,Gerard was loaned already b4 he arrived .he didn't have any say about him .arrived after he got loaned .fired b4 he came back
Only 2 are Emery and Lucho . both was the CL & EL champions .which is just too high of level for his age tbf
He could fail obviously and may never succeed and last 2 seasons was disappointments .while I don't agree with [MENTION=711]FCBarca[/MENTION] statement .there is no need to twist facts to prove him wrong

Adversus

If hes the problem child some would have you believe why would the NT or Everton continue to want him?

Lucho hasn't demonstrated he will integrate youth anymore than Emery. If Samper failed to play this summer are we to assume it's attitude issues as well?

Can't have it both ways

I think Barca wanted to keep him but Deulofeu rightly in my opinion wanted to leave. It's a deal with both a buyback and 1st refusal so I don't think Barcelona have given up on him at all but he needs to be at a place were he will develop by playing and being an important member of the team.

People say Roberto hasn't got vision and that's the reason he can't play midfield. I wonder how he would have developed not sitting on the bench.

silvia

as far as i know, he didn't have that attitude problem.
Once neymar is bought there is no room for him. And i don't see he coming back either.

BBZ8800

If hes the problem child some would have you believe why would the NT or Everton continue to want him?

Lucho hasn't demonstrated he will integrate youth anymore than Emery. If Samper failed to play this summer are we to assume it's attitude issues as well?

Can't have it both ways

Deulo dribbles too much and in wrong moments.
-- Deulo's flaws could be:
-- arrogant, attitude, not working too hard, decisions on the field
-- also, 3 coaches gave up on him till now, more or less

Samper:
-- there were rumours how he has some mental issues (scared, pressure), like Bartra had in the past
-- also, only 1 coach didn't trust too much in Samper till now (Lucho), while Deulo failed with 3 coaches
-- Samper's flaws: mental issues (??), and maybe he is too weak defensively for Barca (Lucho's opinion) as a defensive midfielder, and not good enough for Barca's type of a CM

If Samper gets loaned and if he fails there also, then there is something more about him.
For now, we can "buy" a story that only Lucho doesn't like him

Also, about Deulo, he is yet to make an impact in any club as a senior player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Samper's supposed "mental issues" sounds morel like BS, especially since it came from Vinyals whose favourite player was Gumbau who looks intimidated whenever he plays, for the 1st team or the B team.

khaled_a_d

Deulo dribbles too much and in wrong moments.
-- Deulo's flaws could be:
-- arrogant, attitude, not working too hard, decisions on the field
-- also, 3 coaches gave up on him till now, more or less

Samper:
-- there were rumours how he has some mental issues (scared, pressure), like Bartra had in the past
-- also, only 1 coach didn't trust too much in Samper till now (Lucho), while Deulo failed with 3 coaches
-- Samper's flaws: mental issues (??), and maybe he is too weak defensively for Barca (Lucho's opinion) as a defensive midfielder, and not good enough for Barca's type of a CM

If Samper gets loaned and if he fails there also, then there is something more about him.
For now, we can "buy" a story that only Lucho doesn't like him

Also, about Deulo, he is yet to make an impact in any club as a senior player.

Who is the 3rd coach with Gerard? I know Emery & Lucho .As I said above Tito & Tata doesn't really qualify for giving up on him
Also,Vinyals basically gave up on Samper last year .so that is 2 coaches just like Gerard .nevermind that this is Deulofeu 3rd year in senior level while Samper yet to make it with just 10 months age difference
I am not against your arguments with Gerard ,but there is a real double standards seeing how people judge those 2

khaled_a_d

Samper's supposed "mental issues" sounds morel like BS, especially since it came from Vinyals whose favourite player was Gumbau who looks intimidated whenever he plays, for the 1st team or the B team.

I agree with the 1st part ,I never bought the whole too scared that was said about Samper
But I don't thing that Vinyals was the one came with it ,it looked like a PS rumor from journalists

Bran the Greenseer

Who is the 3rd coach with Gerard? I know Emery & Lucho .As I said above Tito & Tata doesn't really qualify for giving up on him
Also,Vinyals basically gave up on Samper last year .so that is 2 coaches just like Gerard .nevermind that this is Deulofeu 3rd year in senior level while Samper yet to make it with just 10 months age difference
I am not against your arguments with Gerard ,but there is a real double standards seeing how people judge those 2

Granted its easier to break through as a rockstar forward and get mins. Midfielders have to mature and take more time to get a place on our team imo. Although it does seem like Lucho doesn't fancy samper.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think Barca wanted to keep him but Deulofeu rightly in my opinion wanted to leave. It's a deal with both a buyback and 1st refusal so I don't think Barcelona have given up on him at all but he needs to be at a place were he will develop by playing and being an important member of the team.

Not even close to accurate...If Barcelona intended to keep him, he'd have played in preseason instead of never getting a run out last preseason - Lucho didn't count on him so at best he was going on loan again which is not keeping him but stringing him along...So, Deulofeu leaving was more about not having any choice left

Giving up at this club is loaning a player out in the first place nevermind selling them, buyback or not...Loans is what other clubs do and selling with a buyback is what RM do since they can't develop their own players

Moreover, there's no question he will flourish in the Premiership - he's going to get acres of space in a technically inferior league, just like Adama...This was already proven in his first stint with Everton

People say Roberto hasn't got vision and that's the reason he can't play midfield. I wonder how he would have developed not sitting on the bench.

Roberto is a system player and was never going to play in midfield for the 1st team as a regular

anguy

Moreover, there's no question he will flourish in the Premiership - he's going to get acres of space in a technically inferior league, just like Adama...This was already proven in his first stint with Everton.

Deulo wasn't that great in his first Everton stint. He looks much better now.

Adversus

Not even close to accurate...If Barcelona intended to keep him, he'd have played in preseason instead of never getting a run out last preseason - Lucho didn't count on him so at best he was going on loan again which is not keeping him but stringing him along...So, Deulofeu leaving was more about not having any choice left

Giving up at this club is loaning a player out in the first place nevermind selling them, buyback or not...Loans is what other clubs do and selling with a buyback is what RM do since they can't develop their own players

Moreover, there's no question he will flourish in the Premiership - he's going to get acres of space in a technically inferior league, just like Adama...This was already proven in his first stint with Everton

Roberto is a system player and was never going to play in midfield for the 1st team as a regular

I think they sold him because he insisted on being sold. He was tweeting about Everton the whole of last season, favoriting all the tweets that said he should come back and publicly insisted that he wouldn't go out on loan again. I think he gave up on Barca before Barca gave up on him - so at the end of last season Barca had little or no choice but to sell him.

I know that goes against the "player would want to stay at Barca above all else" theory but in Deulofeu's case it seems the most likely. Ultimately he just wanted to play at a club were he was enjoying his football, rated by the manager and loved by the fans. If he's good enough for Barca one day then there's plenty of time.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think they sold him because he insisted on being sold. He was tweeting about Everton the whole of last season, favoriting all the tweets that said he should come back and publicly insisted that he wouldn't go out on loan again. I think he gave up on Barca before Barca gave up on him - so at the end of last season Barca had little or no choice but to sell him.

I know that goes against the "player would want to stay at Barca above all else" theory but in Deulofeu's case it seems the most likely. Ultimately he just wanted to play at a club were he was enjoying his football, rated by the manager and loved by the fans. If he's good enough for Barca one day then there's plenty of time.

He went from where he couldn't wait to get out of Everton and be recalled by Barcelona to going out on a different loan and being ignored by their manager to where he insisted on returning to the only place that was actually playing him with Everton - hardly a sign that he's simply been in love with Toffee life and insisted on returning there...As I previously pointed out, he was left with little other choice because he a contracted player of Barcelona and even the club recognized that loans simply aren't working out like they had planned...which is why we've seen the RM development project of selling youth talent with buyback...Don't get confused, Barcelona remain in the driver's seat in terms of their futures

We saw how excited Deulofeu was to return to Barcelona last summer from Everton and 'get a shot' with the 1st team, only to be marginalized by Lucho...You're living in fantasy land to even imply that in some alternate universe that the player prefers Everton to Barcelona :lol:

Home of Barca Fans