Gerard Piqué

AvocadoCake

264529_10151627051745803_1751201919_n.jpg

Is it just me, or does a young Jamie Carragher look a lot like Pique?

Elite-BkD

Yeah, sell Pique, what a bum. I mean, what kinda CB actually needs to play alongside other competent defenders? Why on earth can't he just play all four positions at the back and look amazing doing it?!?

raskolnikov

You have Pique from pre-shak and the chygrynskyi version thats fumbling around nowadays.
Its sad how guys like pedrito,Cesc and him are performing nowadays.
No need to sell of course.

Galning

Am I the only one who thinks he was bad again yesterday? Holy crabcakes..
He didn't have to do any defending the first half and still was able to fuck things up.

Where is the old Piqué? :/ Is it a coincidence that both him and Fàbregas play so poorly? Maybe they have a bit too much fun together, seems like everything started going down hill for him when we signed Cesc.

Pepe Silvia

Valdes and Puyol directly influence how well Pique performs. Pique is going to have to emerge as this defenses leader or he will find himself without a job after next season, assuming he has the same type of season next year. He plummeted from one of my top 3 players in the world years ago to now barely appearing competent against smaller sides. He has fallen off the radar as an elite athlete in my mind, and it's a wonder to me how he makes World XI lists still.

B

beautifulgame

Need 2 good CB's at least.

Pique needs to reestablish himself as a starter in the summer/fall if he wants to start.

KhaledBarca

1CB and 1 defensive minded LB!

Buying a Cb or 10 CBs won't solve the problem! we're playing with 2 attacking short fullbacks.
We need to find a NEW ABIDAL

Pique is good, infact he's great he just needs a real CB alongside him.

ALVES PIQUE CB LB/ALBA

Stric

1CB and 1 defensive minded LB!

Buying a Cb or 10 CBs won't solve the problem! we're playing with 2 attacking short fullbacks.
We need to find a NEW ABIDAL

Pique is good, infact he's great he just needs a real CB alongside him.

ALVES PIQUE CB LB/ALBA

Montoya for Alves, problem solved.

Montoya for Alves, problem solved.

I can see the 2 attacking FBs thing working with better pressing and a better CB duo, at least better than it's worked this season. IMO, Montoya should be phased in more gradually, though I can see him being able to replace Alves more suddenly if the need arises (he did get thrown right into 2 clasicos and he did well, after all).

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Am I the only one who thinks he was bad again yesterday? Holy crabcakes..
He didn't have to do any defending the first half and still was able to fuck things up.

Where is the old Piqué? :/ Is it a coincidence that both him and Fàbregas play so poorly? Maybe they have a bit too much fun together, seems like everything started going down hill for him when we signed Cesc.
I know Cesc gets blamed for a lot of things on here, but surely you cannot blame him for Pique's poor form?

Home of Barca Fans