Gerard Piqué

Zangash

Banned
This kind of game should have been a walk in the park for him, but instead he gets dominated and even concedes a penalty to let us all know he's having a horrible game.

It was a massive relief to see Bartra come on. With Lucho in charge I wouldn't be surprised to hear he's in danger of losing his starting spot.

Trickykid

Allright, he was bad - World Cup bad actually.

With that out of the way, it was his first 45 mins of the preseason. I mean, come on now, Iniesta looked rather out of sync too (not to mention Pedro and other of the 1st half starters), but because Piqué is a cb, it's just that more apparent and crucial when he donkies around.

Jump on him all you like, but he did have a solid last season, and I'll reserve my Piqué-bashing till we actually start the season. If he plays like this during the first round of La Liga, sure, destroy him with fire and brimstone. Hopefully that won't happen, though, as I trust him to step it up in due time.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Allright, he was bad - World Cup bad actually.

With that out of the way, it was his first 45 mins of the preseason. I mean, come on now, Iniesta looked rather out of sync too (not to mention Pedro and other of the 1st half starters), but because Piqué is a cb, it's just that more apparent and crucial when he donkies around.

Jump on him all you like, but he did have a solid last season, and I'll reserve my Piqué-bashing till we actually start the season. If he plays like this during the first round of La Liga, sure, destroy him with fire and brimstone. Hopefully that won't happen, though, as I trust him to step it up in due time.

Boooooooring!

Pique bashing is too fun to worry about silly things like "first 45 mins of preseason"

You should know better.

L

linetty

Friendly or not, OGC Nice got trashed by Norwich 5-1 a few days ago.

There is nothing that could excuse his horrendeous performance.

Trickykid

Boooooooring!

Pique bashing is too fun to worry about silly things like "first 45 mins of preseason"

You should know better.
Yeah, well it's not exactly my forte being all serious and pragmatic either, so I'll lay off that nonsense from now on.
:blush:

Trickykid

Friendly or not, OGC Nice got trashed by Norwich 5-1 a few days ago.

There is nothing that could excuse his horrendeous performance.
What kind of silly non argument is that? Who cares who they were hammered by a few days ago? Nice were game today, and in much better shape than us, due to the fact that their season starts in a week. Piqué is clearly far from ready for the new season yet, and it showed. But going all high and mighty and acting as if what he did was inexcusable and irredeemable is ridiculous.

L

linetty

What kind of silly non argument is that? Who cares who they were hammered by a few days ago? Nice were game today, and in much better shape than us, due to the fact that their season starts in a week. Piqué is clearly far from ready for the new season yet, and it showed. But going all high and mighty and acting as if what he did was inexcusable and irredeemable is ridiculous.
Sorry.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He can be very frustrating, but he was very good last season IMO and he has time to come back in form soon as well, he must come back in form and work hard to have a starting place.

Kohe321

Way to early to judge his performance this season yet, he just had that press conference where he said he knows he has to improve, and this was just 45 minutes in his first match since a very tough WC.

He was very poor in the minutes he played. It's going to be interesting to see if he improves during the next matches of the pre-season, especially now that we know he's motivated to work on getting back to his best form. We should support the guy if he's really trying, nothing would be better than getting Pique back to his beastly 2009-10 form!

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
His performance was horrible. But it is nothing to worry about if he gets fit and steps it up in the next games.
I hope he is not over-motivated and puts too much pressure on himself.

Home of Barca Fans