Gerard Piqué

El Flaco

Piqué's criticism on Alfredo Relaño (director of Spanish newspaper AS) after his article on Messi's Clásico celebration:

"Leo has taken you to the limit. You can't hide it. It's more serious to show a shirt than to tell a stadium to be calm."

[tw]857876383137243137[/tw]

Here's the article Relaño wrote about Messi's celebration

Messi's shirt celebration in El Clásico: more ugly than 'lovely'

After Messi's last gasp goal in El Clásico, his manager Luis Enrique called the player's celebration "bonita". I agree: I thought it was lovely too...in principle anyway. I believed he was showing his shirt to what I had imagined was a small group of Catalans, seated in the upper part of that corner of the stand. But it turns out that this was not so.

Images recorded by Madrid club members in that area showed something very different: in the team's revelry with some players (Jordi Alba and Umtiti) standing out with their defiant gestures towards the Real Madrid supporters in that area. Messi's shirt display was also addressed to that crowd, a climax to the provocation.

Messi celebration rather ugly

Something similar took place in the Mestalla and, at least, on this occasion we were lucky that nobody threw anything. That spared us. What I wonder though is what need there is to do that; whether these two acts of provocation were borne out of spontaneity, or if they came from a preconceived intention.

In either case, there was no postmortem with any criticism from the coach, nor from the club. There was none after Valencia, and there has been none after Madrid.

But to me, seeing what I saw later, the act does not seem so lovely, but actually rather ugly. Uglier even than that finger in Raul's mouth at the Camp Nou, which I criticised at the time, disturbing and unnecessary.

http://en.as.com/en/2017/04/28/opinion/1493364822_112643.html

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I agree with Piqué on this one... Relaño is a level headed guy most of the time, but he totally messed that up, especially since he dismissed Carvajal's middle finger in the first Clásico as an "ugly gesture that escaped from the player"...

Windhook

Meh. Just another butthurt madridista. That's what Relano is.

Messi's iconic celebration was pure class and the best way to silence his haters. I say haters, because he has no critics. And these people are mainly fan of Man Utd, Chelsea and Real Madrid. Anyway to me it's one of the greatest moments as a Blaugrana. Before that celebration what came to my mind was Ronaldinho's E.T. goal against Milan and the fury he had after scoring (again it was in 90th minute).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sam that in AS and I wasn't surprised. They can come up with much worse stuff than that.

Must have been hell for them watching Messi over the last decade. :)

Total-Football

Stood there today like the rock of Gibraltar. He and Umtiti deserve some credit for the way they played .. They were more courageous with the ball than Rakitic and Gomes. destroyed everything they threw at him and contributed to the attack with his signature mini-accélérations past the mid-line. he (or messi) was man of the match

Windhook

Gerard Pique spoke about the chants aimed at him and his partner Shakira from some Espanyol fans. "They don't affect me, I concentrate on the game and don't give them too much importance," said the centre back.

"In fact I like coming here, as much as the Santiago Bernabeu. The majority of Espanyol fans are educated. I know a lot of Pericos and I have a lot of respect for them. But there's a minority whom we know how they work, they make the fans seem like what they are not. They don't represent Spanish fans.

"They sing things that are out of place, they are people that come here to let out all the frustrations in their lives. Should something be done? Well you know that I always talk a lot but it's not me who has to take decisions regarding that."

Calm words from Pique.;)

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He provoked them as much as he could. Which I like btw because Pique is a beast and whole Espanyol is a club of bitches who can suck blanco dick all day.

Home of Barca Fans