Gerardo "Tata" Martino

footyfan

Calma, calma
I get the feeling he was protecting the players in that press conference and divulging the blame to himself. That's not to say he put the right tactics..but the players underperformed too.

L

linetty

Messi & Iniesta played shite. No matter what tactics he would use, we wouldn't have won that.

jairzinho

Why not? We are certainly doing it with the other coaches. In this forum we laughed at Mou last season or this one, Moyes or Wenger, we blamed Pep for everything in his last season with us even though he won everything in the past..so why can't we do the same with Tata?

OK. so lets start blame Tata. He's at fault for everything this season. He should be sacked. Are you happy now ??

Barcilliant

He certainly seemed to lack a game plan for Atleti but didn't we start the season of great? We beat Santos 8-0 and Levante 7-0 and we were doing fine till Christmas. New Year comes around and the wheels fall off BIG TIME. That was also the time Messi came back, Neygate, Neymar injury etc......

I think there have been a lot of external factors which have hindered Tata. I think the external stuff has distracted him ALOT. Look at Mourinho at Real in his last season. I hate Mou but the fact is he knows how to make a football team win. BUT even someone as successful as him cant do much if there is a lot of shit happening in the background.

YOU COULD BRING ANY MANAGER IN THE WORLD AND THEY WOULD HAVE STRUGGLED LIKE TATA THIS SEASON. I have no doubt about it.

Barcilliant

Or Rijkaard..or Cruyff. If it would have been after barcaforum, those 3 would have never coached Barca.

So until now we credited Tata for every win vs RM and City, but now it's the team's fault that Atleti beat us. :rolleyes:

LOL
This just shows how much you know Lucho..if it's something that he has and Tata&Tito don't, that's a personality.

Seriously? Every season since when? And let's not talk about "what if" because then we would have lost 4-0 after the first 20 minutes.

Why not? We are certainly doing it with the other coaches. In this forum we laughed at Mou last season or this one, Moyes or Wenger, we blamed Pep for everything in his last season with us even though he won everything in the past..so why can't we do the same with Tata?

The worst bus we faced it was Chelsea, but not in 2012..in 2009. The difference between Pep and Tata? Pep didn't sub off Iniesta. And the only sub before Iniesta scored was Bojan for Busi. :lol:

LUCHO may have a personality but his track record is nothing special. He really hasn't done jack with Roma or Celta Vigo. He couldn't handle the pressure at Roma and Celta are currently 13th in the table.

I would prefer Unai Emery or Valverde to Lucho.

Kerrybai

I hope Tata brings in 3-4 players. This team is too complacent, there isn't enough competition for certain places and players know they will be picked even if they are under-performing.

Rahj

if barca is extremely lucky and wins la liga he might be staying, but else his prospects are not so good.

Stric

He's not even to blame that much. Again his subs were not that smart, but to me it seems that the main problem tonight was the bad spirit of the team, they're probably still mourning the CL exit. Not that it's an excuse, but I don't think a change in tactics would have helped that much. The early goal didn't help either.

F

Flavia

Nah, he's gone already. He looks like he doesn't give 2 shits. All his latest presses, and statements, indicate that. And I don't blame him. He's not backed by the board. And he's also out of his depth.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A manager who is not backed by the board and got some players questioning his tactics should simply tell the guys leading the club to go to hell and go on an early vacation.

Tata's decisions has been baffling after the winter break, but then again, he got no support at all to do things his way.

raskolnikov

Despite not having support he still messed up pretty bad in many ways, the Sociedad/Valladolid/Valencia/Granada/Atletico games all prove that.
Only thing he has done well is beat Real and City.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Nah, he's gone already. He looks like he doesn't give 2 shits. All his latest presses, and statements, indicate that. And I don't blame him. He's not backed by the board. And he's also out of his depth.

If you're so sure that he's leaving, who is going to replace him?

Home of Barca Fans