Gerson Santos da Silva

What do you mean? If that quote is accurate then surely they've done well to work out a deal where we get our money back should the players go elsewhere.

Yeah, I should've been clearer. I meant that I can't believe they got as good a deal as what's stated by sport. That is only if this is true though.

xXKonan

Marcao (father Gerson): "I talked with Braida. Barça want him. He's ready for the first team, he can make history." [ser]

Affiae

" he can make history"

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

anguy

The one thing that bothers me about the Gerson deal that we have same type of prospect in Halilovic ,a young left footed AM/RW .and Halilovic is less than 1 year older .
I mean why not just stick to the one we already have?

I believe they want Gerson as CM, not AM. Halilovic is backup for Messi, Gerson for Iniesta.

Kohe321

Unless a player really stands out in the Brazilian league he's not ready for the European top level, let alone becoming a first team player at Barca.

How good is Gerson compared to our La Masia talents in the same age group? Seems very unnecessary to bring a talent in from the outside unless he's really spectacular and held back by his peers in the league and team he is playing in. I mean, does he warrant the hype or is this another "out of the blue" deal? Never seen him play myself so I can't say, but he has to be pretty special to be worth the price that is being kicked around at only 18.

Jombi

I believe they want Gerson as CM, not AM. Halilovic is backup for Messi, Gerson for Iniesta.

So they want a guy who has never played as CM in the Brazilian league to play CM? This dude has played like 7 league games in total in his career so far. 7! And he has been average. Of course he is only 18, but come on. Its ridiculous.

khaled_a_d

Halilovic is true AM like Iniesta(position wise,his game a bit different) and rarely played as winger with Barca B ,in fact he was used more as CM due to to playing beside an awful player like Gambua
And from everything I read it seems Gerson is just the same ,an AM who can plays the wing too

Unless a player really stands out in the Brazilian league he's not ready for the European top level, let alone becoming a first team player at Barca.

How good is Gerson compared to our La Masia talents in the same age group? Seems very unnecessary to bring a talent in from the outside unless he's really spectacular and held back by his peers in the league and team he is playing in. I mean, does he warrant the hype or is this another "out of the blue" deal? Never seen him play myself so I can't say, but he has to be pretty special to be worth the price that is being kicked around at only 18.

Tough to say ,he seem to be highly rated in Brazil .there is no single player in Barca B who is as old as him.youngest one in Barca B is Halilovic who is almost year older.I think Halilovic is better or more talented at least .
Other players at his age plays between Juvenil A & B teams .tough to make judgement for players at those teams as they didn't play against men yet .also highly doubt there are many fans who watch Fluminense and Barca Juvenil teams

Home of Barca Fans