Giuseppe Rossi

Bergkamp10

£30m for Rossi? Wow, Barcelona are getting completely mugged off. Surely there are better options out there? I would have thought Neymar or Sanchez would have been a better choice.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
30 million is too much for a bench player. we should focus our efforts on cesc. then a centre back. the LAST thing we need is a striker (still need one though but we can wait till next season)

desoe

Trezeguet is on the market once again. Just saying :D

12 goals in 30 games for a team like Hercules. Don't know how much of them are scored from penalties, tho.

kadeng

eh guys and which striker is worth 30 million in your opinion? rossi would be a great additon, give them 20 million + jds (on loan with buy back clause) who would fit lovely into their game..

DucdeOrléans

Well, I am not going to lie. I would have prefered Neymar or Sanchez.

I am no the biggest fan of Rossi (neither Bojan) but I hope he proves me wrong.

But one can't deny his class. 32 goals in 55 games and countless of assists is class. No doubt that he would fit into our system and provide us the goals we sometimes lack. But most importantly he is still young and can improve (24 years of age). Different type of signing than the Henry, Ibra and Villa, which I think is a really good thing. He is more of a Eto'o signing. Let's hope that he will have the same impact!

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
30-35 million is too much imo. I really Want him on the team though. I'll be happy with 20-25 mill and some players....no Bojan though :cry:
I just can't see him being a flop at Barca though. He has his best years ahead of him I think.

ryuken

You must be thinking that the Arab makes us rich so we can just go around buying 35 mil player like it no big deal.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
at €30m, Rossi is €10-15m overpriced.

he's a good player, maybe even a great player, but for that price we should be getting someone with next level potential or ability. Sanchez, for example.

I mean, I've even warmed to the idea of signing a younger striker to add consistency to our front-line (rather than an older guy) because Bojan will be injury-prone and inconsistent for a couple of years yet, IMO, and by the time he's ready to step on up, Villa will be 31/32 and ready to step on down, so having another player settled who is already rolling will do wonders for the continuity of the squad.

but not Rossi, not for that price.

Barcilliant

Sanchez over Rossi for sure!!! Would be at least 10 million cheaper too. Rossi is worth20-25 million TOPS. Why we are paying so much is a mystery to me. Must be Pep wants him. Whenever Pep wants a player we tend to overpay. Alexis Sanchez to me has more magic and ability to break stubborn defences.

fcbarcatenerife

30 million is too much for a bench player. we should focus our efforts on cesc. then a centre back. the LAST thing we need is a striker (still need one though but we can wait till next season)

30 million is too much for a bench player, but you want to spend €40m for Cesc to come off the bench? Which is it?

£30m for Rossi? Wow, Barcelona are getting completely mugged off. Surely there are better options out there? I would have thought Neymar or Sanchez would have been a better choice.

It's not £30m. it's €30m, which is around £23m. I think he's worth it, given his skills, age and his personality. If you have ever watched him play for Villarreal you will know that he is a complete footballer, that means in addition to scoring 32 goals this season, he also tracked back, pressed, combined with the midfield, took corner kicks, in short, he does everything Barça wants from a player; he's team oriented. Neymar on the other hand is a difficult personality, something that counts a lot for Guardiola and the old guard on the team and both he and Sanchez, while amazing talents, are more individual, one on one players; again, something that doesn't fit into Barça's scheme as well as a team oriented goal scorer. Rossi will be a good fit.

Robbie

Rossi is well worth 30mil, and will probably be worth twice as much in a few years. He's only 24 and has scored 30+ goals this season in a team like Villareal. At Barca he'd score for fun and probably smash records. Plus I have a feeling he might well put Villa on the bench. He's that good.

Birdy

Look at the goal he scored against Sevilla outside of the box.. We really lack such kind of goals right now..
and he is not going to play Eto'o position, as Messi is occupying that 90% of games now..
He will play on the wing, and with his dribbling he can be devastating..

And for Christ Sake he will not be a bench player!! he will rotate equally with pedro and villa(only messi will play more..) the team needs that.. Look at december when pedro and villa were on fire and look now.. With such a player in your squad this will not happen again..
He fits 100%.. more than any attacker i can imagine..

Rohit

Very good player but as some have mentioned a good 10 mill overpriced but 30 goals a season is still some feat, if barca think he is worth than so be it. It won't look so expensive if he keeps up the same performance levels with barca has he has done with villareal.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rossi is well worth 30mil, and will probably be worth twice as much in a few years. He's only 24 and has scored 30+ goals this season in a team like Villareal. At Barca he'd score for fun and probably smash records. Plus I have a feeling he might well put Villa on the bench. He's that good.

How that worked for Villa then? Goals are gonna get distributed differently, that's all. Playing in a smaller team is not such a handicap is it's often made out.
Just take a look at who won Pichichi so far and you'll find all kind of surprises there.

dalitis8

Banned

Villa may be in decline (another 40m wasted I very much fear)

You are right, we need Rossi.

Home of Barca Fans