Gonzalo Higuain

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
You praise Puyol, Biscuits and Abidal, but they got off to terrible starts. Abidal is a goddamn warrior but his pace is gone, he was constantly beat though he was able to heroically hold his own as much as necessary, and Biscuits couldn't control the ball until Madrid being utter shit restored his confidence.

niggayoutripp128579539363374699.jpg

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Benzema played it right, he conformed to Ronaldo and because Ronaldo is Ronaldo, there is a lot of love for Benzema. Yes, Benz is a better all around footballer than Higuain but... Benz is only a supplier to Ronaldo, making us a one man team at the at the mercy of Ronaldo's mood and mental strength. The same with Ozil.

Higuain on the other hand is not second to anyone, he is on par with everyone else. In his mind that is, he fights for the club and is willing to develop for the club, to win with the club. Benz has absolutely no problem scoring a goal, then playing second fiddle to Ronaldo all game and go home winner or loser because in his mind, as a 23 year old making 7 million he has already won.

All this love for Benzema worries me, because it will lead us to somewhere ugly I believe. However, if Benzema scores winning goals and ditches Ronaldo, I'd actually love him the same way I do love Higuain.

I've always said that Benzema is a better fit with Cristiano. it's not that he has to align himself with Cristiano, his natural game is more of a fit with Mourinho's system because he's as good being a target man/creator as he is being a scorer, plus he's bigger, which are things Mourinho wants from all his main strikers (Derlei, Drogba, Milito). the goalscorers (McCarthy, Kezman/Sheva, Eto'o) are always second choice.

Madrid were fucking able to put together super stars with massive egos together before and made a CL winning team, that was beautiful to watch, mesmerizing and yet can't get this group to gel into a winning team? It beats me to be honest. I mean we are potentially still 3 points ahead of Barcelona, and we could potentially be more consistent than Barcelona and win the league, but it wouldn't be an awesome win defeating Barca.

like I said, it's all about Cristiano and how he is perceived.

the consideration of him as a top player worthy of comparison with Messi is ridiculous and the cause of the problems. he's not worthy of that. he's a goalscorer supreme, and should be treated as that and nothing more. you need to be giving the ball to Di Maria and Özil and letting THEM be your creative forces. you need to let Cristiano play off the ball as a forward, so he can't dictate his own shot or the progression of attacks (well, not as much as he could with the ball).

the problem is, for a large majority of games, it doesn't matter. the team has so much talent and ability you can get away with playing this weird system. but when you go against teams close to as good, as good, or better than you, the problems come to the forefront. Cristiano feels anxious, and you can tell he's overthinking things because he wants to have a great game and be a great hero like Messi. but that's not him.

hilariously enough, Mourinho doesn't have the balls to marginalise him. he tried it a bit near the end of last season in the run of four Clasicos, but Cristiano had a whinge about having to play as a #9 so Mourinho has tried to find a balance this season. when really he should have had the balls to say "fuck you, I'm the manager, you play where I say." which is what Fergie did. but then Mourinho has a nationalistic loyalty to Cristiano (and all the Portuguese as Real, bringing that Portuguese kid on in the CL, signing Coentrao to play in midfield) which perhaps contributes to his being unable to properly handle the gelled tumbler.

zanela

City will probably buy him. they don't need him and they don't really play a system that would benefit him anyway, but I'm sure they'll see a Real Madrid player & Argentine international "for sale" and will just buy him coz they can.

....and then, he benches Sergio "kunt" Aguero, like he has for La Albiceleste. :wub:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
....and then, he benches Sergio "kunt" Aguero, like he has for La Albiceleste. :wub:

why do people hate Aguero? what did he do to earn the label "Kunt"?? baffling hatred.

and tbh if Higuain went to City, Aguero would probably go the other way.

Get this man at Chelsea!

you need a winger, too, so you can play Mata as a #10. all this left-wing nonsense is just ridiculous.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
-------Higuain
Winger-Mata-Sturridge
----Romeu-Ramires

Nice. That left sided bloke from Porto, he much good as a proper winger?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Rodriguez sounds better, young and a full blown winger. Ramirez is central no?

The best comparison to Ramirez is probably someone like Nedved, who is equally good centrally and on the wing. Not saying he will be anywhere near as good, but of all the players I've seen compared to Nedved, style-wise Ramirez is probably the closest. He doesn't need to cut in to be effective, but he does cut in when he can.

Rodriguez would probably be a better orthodox winger. Both are awesomely skilled though.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
why do people hate Aguero? what did he do to earn the label "Kunt"?? baffling hatred.

and tbh if Higuain went to City, Aguero would probably go the other way.

I don't think a lot of people hate Aguero. Just Zanela and La Furia. I don't know why La Furia hates him, but as for Zanela...well, he's not as good looking as Higuain and Villa...

Home of Barca Fans