Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What I love about this brand is how individuals don't affect much the overall play. There are only 2 important players now :

The lungs: raphinha
The brains: yamal.

The absence of some player or other now can affect slightly the overall output, but not drastically. But the two above seems essential to the tactics.

You forgot Pedri. He has both. Probably Olmo too.

Iniesta Ultra

One thing we need to get away from are balls into the box from corners and same with free kicks medium distance out the box. The last remaining mainstay from lottery gimpball.

companyofcules

I read catalan Xavistas like reading hindustani terrorists, chetniks, taliban, Swedish nazis or LGBTq+ cultists back in the days. Their main arguments "Perez paid propaganda, Xavi is one of us" are all they got left.
It's a cult. It's not about trophies, but about playing good football and not being an egocentric macho clown. Xavi left a dead team in terms of attack, this guy with a worse setup + Olmo is breaking the league appart. The fuck are we talking? He already played Rayo, Bilbao and Valencia and we were never outgunned while playing with some kids and the Shark.
He saved us from bankruptcy if he wins the league with this style of play.
The hype is going to be insane.
I was neutral because his style is suicidal and for sure he can't win UCL with this kind of low cost team, but if he wins it I am ready to say he is the greatest coach I have ever seen in our club.
It's shocking how well we play even with the B team of a B team.

Messigician

I read catalan Xavistas like reading hindustani terrorists, chetniks, taliban, Swedish nazis or LGBTq+ cultists back in the days. Their main arguments "Perez paid propaganda, Xavi is one of us" are all they got left.
It's a cult. It's not about trophies, but about playing good football and not being an egocentric macho clown. Xavi left a dead team in terms of attack, this guy with a worse setup + Olmo is breaking the league appart. The fuck are we talking? He already played Rayo, Bilbao and Valencia and we were never outgunned while playing with some kids and the Shark.
He saved us from bankruptcy if he wins the league with this style of play.
The hype is going to be insane.
I was neutral because his style is suicidal and for sure he can't win UCL with this kind of low cost team, but if he wins it I am ready to say he is the greatest coach I have ever seen in our club.
It's shocking how well we play even with the B team of a B team.
Hyperbole

Xavi just made the squad seem worse than it is playing for 1-0 wins all the time

Flick isn’t afraid to concede a goal but scoring 3 or 4

companyofcules

Hyperbole

Xavi just made the squad seem worse than it is playing for 1-0 wins all the time

Flick isn’t afraid to concede a goal but scoring 3 or 4
Xavi made it worse because he is egocentric and a fanatic of a delusion.
He never used the quality of his players and ignored their limitations because he thinks he is a mastermind of a flawless ideology that can win regardless. I am old enough to know Van Gaal and Xavi is that on steroids.
Then of course after your ideology turns as shit you blame the squad.
Anyway, he played for 1-0 because he wasn't able to play for 4-0. Scrapping was his best option once he realised he can't do shit with his fiery speaches, Ferran ain't gonna be Henry to play positional football.

companyofcules

What Flick brings is simple football for simple or not yet developed players, letting them do their tiki-taka if it helps but using their movements when it doesn't. I don't think this is the best tactic but is for sure better than forcing untalented players you bought to play Messi level football.

xXKonan

I always thought of Xavi as a smart man yet someone who is insanely stubborn in his line of thinking which ultimately lead to him being sacked.

He wasn't ready to admit defeat in why his concepts and ideas were not getting through to the team. I've said before I think in his head and on paper he thought his ideas would work out but in practice, it didn't work and the team was a mess.

Laporta isn't perfect but I get it why he ended up sacking him. Xavi stated we can't Compete and we don't have the money and he wanted to completely overhaul the team again despite Laporta already spending and backing him with a lot of money as it is in our situation. A lot of it was Xavi not being able to cope with the idea that maybe he wasn't the right man for the job after all.

Flick came using the same squad Xavi had, which is thinner due to some departures and injuries, and in 5 opening games already got the team playing significantly much better and more competitively than in the last three years in a short amount of time.

companyofcules

On paper every ideology works. Take communism, replace humans with robots and it works. A wise man will see that the ideology is not in touch with reality, a Xavista will blame the humans for being humans.
That's what van Gaal failed to see too. On paper he was absolutely right, his dominant tactic should have sufocated our opponents, the only issue was that it suffocated all football. For what Xavi wanted we needed the best players in almost every position. But in terms of the delusion that was wide spread in the 90' and gain popularity after 2011, your system makes a player briliant.
you know the penaldian idea that Messi was nowhere without the system, that is the delusion I am talking about. By 2002 everyone including Laporta saw it's limitation and we hunted a star to get the things done.Xavi somehow as 80% of the young fans missed the moral of the story.

companyofcules

Extremely promising start

This club would have won so much more if we hired quality managers from Germany and Italy all these years (these countries have loads of CLs and 8 World Cups :lol: ) rather than a bunch of Guardiola and Cryuff wannabes from Spain
We had no real manager after Pep. Shameless

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
@BarcaSpaces
·
4h

"I still remember how many people doubted Hansi Flick and called him a one season wonder.
Line up and apologize."

This!

Man up and apologize, I would add...
Hold up. I was okay with signing him and looked forward to the football we would play.

But it's only 5 games, my dude, we are only ahead with 4 points. Hold your horses.

The Hardest stretch is just coming up. If we get out of it scott-free while playing good football, then it's ok to ask for apologies.

But not now.

Loki

GXlRyENWoAAOLdf

Home of Barca Fans